GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,396
0 members and 2,396 guests
No Members online

Old 08-12-2011, 08:34 AM
GreekChat Member

hope your daughter has a blast visiting all of her chapters for skit day! rooting for her and for b and c too
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-12-2011, 08:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnMom85 View Post

She has three definite favorites in this group that have been her favorites all along, and was THRILLED to see them on her list again! Question: One (actually 2) of her callbacks are from ones she just hasn't felt a connection to all week, but obviously they feel one for her. How should she handle this? She really can't see herself taking a bid from either one and doesn't want them to keep her "in the running" when there might be other girls out there that are a better match? I'm not sure what to tell her on this.......
She should still be keeping an open mind. Things can change drastically from one round to the next. During Formal Recruitment, she's required to attend the maximum number of parties for that round. The only thing she can do is rank the houses she doesn't feel a connection to lower.

Old 08-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

what great news!! hope she has fun at all her parties today. looking forward to hearing about b and c.
Old 08-12-2011, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

A will definitely go into this with an open mind - she just feels bad that there may be other girls who really want to get in the one she doesn't feel a connection for. But...good advice from all, and I will share your thoughts with her!

I am not sure of B's list yet, but I do know she had 7 callbacks too! I have heard from C's mom. She has 5 callbacks today. She didn't have two of her favorites on the list, but has several she is still really happy about. The parties C will attend are:

Onyx
Emerald
Jade
Aquamarine
Garnet

If I find out B's list for sure I'll post that too. It sounds like all three will have a great day!

Last edited by AuburnMom85; 08-12-2011 at 12:32 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:14 PM
Super Moderator

As ellebud said, you truly are a class act! Hope it all works to the best!

Have the girls discussed being in the same sorority together at all? They seem so close!
Old 08-12-2011, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

It looked to me like the only cross-over for A and C is Emerald. Funny how 3 girls who probably think they're exactly alike are all happy with how rush is going and have such different schedules. Proof once again that there is no BEST chapter.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

A and C still have Emerald and Jade in common. I still don't have a clear list of who all B saw today, but I know that one of them was Diamond, which A also still had. (Confused yet?? LOL )

These three girls, even though they are friends, have thought from the beginning that it would be better to be in three different groups....to meet 3X the number of girls. Also, it would let each of them branch out a little.

It could very well end up that 2 are in the same group, but I don't think they all have one in common anymore. It will be wonderful for that to happen too!

My heart just breaks to read of the ones that have been thru this whole week and are getting dropped now. When I talked to A last night she was so hoarse I could barely understand her. She started the conversation with "I'm done". She sounded so tired I thought she meant she was DONE with recruitment and ready to quit! That wasn't what she meant.....but she was so tired that was how it sounded.

*If* tomorrow goes well and she has three for pref day (big IF, I know), what are the odds she wouldn't get a bid? Assuming she maximized her options, would she be pretty likely to end up with one?
Old 08-12-2011, 04:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Best of luck to all the girls! Love this story.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
A and C still have Emerald and Jade in common. I still don't have a clear list of who all B saw today, but I know that one of them was Diamond, which A also still had. (Confused yet?? LOL )

These three girls, even though they are friends, have thought from the beginning that it would be better to be in three different groups....to meet 3X the number of girls. Also, it would let each of them branch out a little.

It could very well end up that 2 are in the same group, but I don't think they all have one in common anymore. It will be wonderful for that to happen too!

My heart just breaks to read of the ones that have been thru this whole week and are getting dropped now. When I talked to A last night she was so hoarse I could barely understand her. She started the conversation with "I'm done". She sounded so tired I thought she meant she was DONE with recruitment and ready to quit! That wasn't what she meant.....but she was so tired that was how it sounded.

*If* tomorrow goes well and she has three for pref day (big IF, I know), what are the odds she wouldn't get a bid? Assuming she maximized her options, would she be pretty likely to end up with one?
Great news!

Last edited by wareagle93; 08-12-2011 at 05:04 PM.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

I think that it's GAMomof2 who has a friend at VSU.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
I think that it's GAMomof2 who has a friend at VSU.
Man all these stories can get hard to keep up with all of the people going through rush haha!
Old 08-12-2011, 06:33 PM
GreekChat Member

My daughter is also going through recruitment at Auburn, and so far she has had a good experience. She was invited to seven parties today. She has four sororities that are her favorites at this point. I have not been able to talk to her yet, but I was curious how many PNM's are at each party today?

I am hoping that since she has several sororities that she likes on her list, that she will have at least one for Pref night. I'm praying that the right door will open for all the PNM's!
Old 08-12-2011, 07:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Need some help! A just called....and can literally barely talk. I could hardly understand her. Anyone have any miracle cure for laryngitis?? I told her to gargle with warm salt water, not to talk unless she had to, and drink plenty of fluids. Any other ideas??
Old 08-12-2011, 08:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UGAalum94 View Post
It starting out "upon death" made me laugh.

But generally, I was struck by the cuteness of the whole thing. Remember the sweet, naive anticipation of looking through your rush guide before you started?
Upon whose death? LOL.

AGD's fun fact is that AL lt. gov. Kay Ivey "is was an Auburn Alpha Gam."
I think their press deadline came up on them too fast for proofreading!
Old 08-12-2011, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Need some help! A just called....and can literally barely talk. I could hardly understand her. Anyone have any miracle cure for laryngitis?? I told her to gargle with warm salt water, not to talk unless she had to, and drink plenty of fluids. Any other ideas??
That's awful! Hoping she gets better soon! Did she text you at all on how her day went?