GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 306,909
Threads: 114,624
Welcome to our newest member, edwardyoungdg@g

Old 06-26-2003, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigma3
Sigma Tattoo

Hey girls,

I was just wondering if any of you have a Sigma tattoo and what it was. I kind of want to get one, but I'm not sure. Also where did you get it and how bad did it hurt? Hope everyone's having a great summer.

IOB,
Court
Old 06-26-2003, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile 6 weeks since I got my tattoo!

Hey!

I have a tattoo, and it's kind of related to Sigma, but kind of not. I have a 1" butterfly on my lower back. I'm in the Butterfly family of my chapter, so that's how it's related to Sigma.
I've met a lot of girls with Sigma tattoos, some in my chapter, some at DLC. A really common one is the violet skull design from the front of the Path to Farmville. Other girls have letters, violets, sailboats, triangles, etc. Just remember if you get letters, then you are ALWAYS wearing letters, even if you can't see them.
I think some of the better places for a tattoo are the lower back (it can be covered up) or the hip. Ankles are good too.
My tattoo didn't hurt, one of my friends went with me to get it (my immoral support, hehe) and I didn't think it really hurt. It was more like scratching.

Anyway have a great summer!

Sigma Love and Mine,

Laura
Old 06-27-2003, 04:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Finishing my college education in Boulder, Colorado
Send a message via AIM to CPHS01
tattoo

Hey! I got letters on my hip/stomach area after I was inititated in Dec. 2001. I like people asking me about my tattoo because I am proud to be a Sigma. I am able to cover it up easily though if I ever need to. People ask why I got it and I say that I am a Sigma for a lifetime and nothing can change that!
Old 08-20-2003, 02:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

I am so excited that other are getting Sigma tatoos. I got a frog on my ankle to represent my family. I also have a triangle on my shoulder with the violet in it to represent some of our symbols. My roomate has a Keebler elf on her leg to represent her nick name Keebler. I think that the tatoos we have are special to everyone but they are personalized to fit everyone. Right now every member of my chapter has the triangle on them but each is a little different from the rest.

Zeta Theta

NIBBZ
Old 08-21-2003, 01:15 PM
GreekChat Member

When I decided to get my tattoo I called my grand-big and talked to her about what to get. I wanted to get letters, but she reminded me that we're not supposed to drink in our letters and sex or smoking also isn't the best idea in your letters either. That's why I always tell my girls not to get letters or the crest or anything. I know plenty of sisters who have violets or their family mascot tattooed on them. I, on the other hand, got princess in Japanese on my lower back. It has purple shading to signify Sigma. It didn't hurt, even though it was mostly on my spine. My brother is a tattoo nut and he suggested that I get it on my lower back because it is about the only place that can be covered up when you need it to be. Some girls get it on their upper back or shoulder blades, but they can be seen in formal dresses and they don't look that great and tattoos on legs or calves can be seen in skirts through hose and doesn't look very professional. Maybe it depends on your personality and your career...
Old 08-21-2003, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to uwwsweetie
My big got this awesome tattoo of a pearl ring on her back and she has something around the band of the ring but i dont remember what. When I get mine It's a design that someone made for me years ago but I am going to change one of the flowers to a violet instead of whatever they are now. lol
Old 11-21-2003, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to sigmabutterfly
Smile sigma tattoo

i got my second tattoo to honor my sorority. it is a side veiw of a butterfly ( our local symbol) and in the wings the design hides the greek letters sigma. Its on the small of my back. Me and my best friend , who just got initiated are going to get matching side frilly things, kinda bonding moment.
I love my sorority and will do anything for it.
if you have time after reading this. some of our girls were pictured on out schools home page www.saumag.edu
slam
Anne Lee
ez chapter
sau magnolia
Old 11-23-2003, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
Personally, I don't want a tattoo when I am 70 years old. It would originally be on my hip, and after gravity takes Her toll, it'll end up on the back of my knee! What I do is sometimes get a henna tattoo and move it around. It's temporary and I get to have it for a while. After it disappears, I get a new one in a new location!
Old 02-13-2004, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jenny_Deo Send a message via Yahoo to Jenny_Deo
Hey i am considering getting a Sigma tatoo. I already have one on my lower back of a chinese character. But i was thinking that maybe below the charcter i can get the phrase "faithful unto death" below it. I love our sorority and am happy to be a lifetime member.
Old 03-24-2004, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jadis96 Send a message via Yahoo to jadis96
a few of my sisters got sigma cubed on their backs in college, I was going into education though so I was doubtful of anything large and not easily covered so I got a small (quarter sized) violet on my right inner ankle. it signifies sigma to me and is also special to me because it was my grandma's favorite flower and everytime I look at it I remember her.
Old 11-30-2004, 06:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to EPTriSigma
I have heard of people getting an indented triangle with their chapter name and badge number underneath.
Old 12-01-2004, 08:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to BlondeGurl
Talking

One of the girls in my chapter got the cutest purple sailboat on her hip. I know you are asking how can you make a sailboat cute? But it was kind of cartoony...which made it super cute.
Old 04-05-2005, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrtrHouse13 Send a message via Yahoo to PrtrHouse13
i got a tattoo about a few months ago...i got it on my right ankle it's a chinese character for believe...i want another one, this time on my left shoulder blade...i really want an indented triangle with something in the middle but i don't know what to put...any ideas?
Old 04-07-2005, 02:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WVSigmaChick
I got purple flowers tattooed on the top of my foot, looks hott but hurt like heck, whenever i was 17, the summer before i even started college, and then when i went to my first open bid party we were talking about tatoos and i said Yea i have one, and I showed it to them, and they were like "Holy Cow those look like purple violetes, you're meant to be a Sigma!!" I just thought it was pretty ironic i got them before i even knew anything about Sigma
Old 04-17-2005, 11:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dooly48emu
I wasn't sure how I felt about getting actual letters tattooed on me. But I have two that are related to Sigma. On the top of my right foot I got a purple and white violet. And on my left foot on the heel I got the Barbie logo in a heart because that is one of my family lines. Some of our girls were talking about getting a skull and cross bones tattoo, but I don't know if they'll actually go through with it or not? I may get another small tattoo related to the sorority too on my left foot by my pinkie toe... my first and original family line is daisy, so I'm thinking about getting a small daisy.

Oh forgot to answer if I thought it hurt. The one on the top of my foot sort of hurt, but not really. The one on my heel didn't hurt hardly at all. I have four tattoos all together plus some piercings so I think I have a high tolerance for pain! But I'd probably take someone with you to hold your hand! I had to my first two times!