GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Chi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,732
3 members and 2,729 guests
ajonyandext2140, John, Yomaybenxtyme

Old 04-27-2006, 07:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to klundber
Question

In Hoc

Last edited by klundber; 06-15-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-01-2006, 06:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HungarianSigmaX
I recently have been initiated at the ZO chapter at NAU in Flagstaff.
I was 22 at the time of pledging and turned 23 before my initiation. Its more than acceptable (another of my pledge brothers was also 23), seeing as how we are a fraternity that embraces our diverse members.

That's a long time to wait, but it would probably be very beneficial for them to have a new member like yourself with resources to help get things rolling right away.
It wouldn't be horrible idea to go to ASU or even up here to the beautiful mountains and rush. ASU has a ton of Sigs, over a hundred... I think 160 is accurate? We're rebuilding our chapter and are at about 35 members and going to grow rapidly.
I actually rushed in my last semester, expecting to graduate in about two weeks from now; Its been such a different culture, that I'm adding a third major and staying for an extra year. So I guess I'd suggest going somewhere that you can be a Sig as soon as possible.
Interestingly enough, I did a year down at the UA last year (long story) and b/c of the void of Sigs down there, I rushed Phi Delt there after talking to a bunch of Sigs here and few former Sigs down there. Didn't last very long because it didn't feel right... so waited until I got back up here.

So... go somewhere you can be a Sig.
Old 05-01-2006, 01:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Check your pms.
Old 05-12-2006, 04:52 PM
GreekChat Member

You sound like you are really serious about this.... You definitely would be a great asset for a colony. You seem to know the circumstances at your school, so that would be your choice to stick it out. I was also 23 when I was initiated and so were some of my pledge bro's because they started pledging a few years ago but had to go to Iraq and serve our country. It served our chapter well to have us older guys coming in. Even though we didn't know everything about Sigma Chi, the semester after we were initiated we made some big changes, took some risks, and changed our house to one of the most respected houses on campus. The key was that we had QUALITY. We weren't the biggest house on campus, but yet we won: Greek Week, Homecoming, Most Outstanding Chapter, Advisor Award, and The President's Award at our University. And the sorority girls flocked out house cause we had QUALITY and respected them, but knew how to throw a good party. I'd rather not be the biggest house on campus, but rather the best!!!
We$
Iota Omicron Chapter