GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,899
0 members and 1,899 guests
No Members online

Old 09-15-2002, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to suzymoonspider
Suzymoonspider's recruitment stories:)

Recruitment starts Thursday for me. Here is a sched.

Thurs- 9/19 Orientation- 7pm- 9pm

Friday- 9/20 Open House 3pm-10:30 pm

Sat- 9/21 Philanthropy Events - all day

Sun- 9/22 Preference- all day

Mon- 9/23 Bid Night- 5pm- ??

I am really excited. And trying to figure out what to wear. I don't know what is the "norm" for this school but are Rho Chi's (not called that though I think) are suppose to call us and talk to us. So I bet they will let us know.

There sororities on campus are ZTA, AOII, Gamma Phi Beta, AXDelta, Alpha Phi and Chi Omega.

I am a Kappa Kappa Gamma Legacy- and always thought I wanted to be a Kappa- but there is no Kappa on my campus. I realized it doesn't matter which sorority I join as long as I feel welcome! They are all wonderful.

So any last minute advice on clothing, and interesting questions. If you have recommendations I will take them- if not I will go in, be myself and know that everything will work out right in the end-

I will let you know what is going on each night of recruitment (without revealing the sororities of course) and then *hopefully* reveal my knew sisters. If not, well it could be a sign, because I am not 100% sure I want to stay at this college anyway. We will see

Last edited by suzymoonspider; 09-21-2002 at 07:05 AM.
Old 09-15-2002, 03:21 PM

Good luck, Suzy!

As for clothing, wear whatever looks best on you (of course!) Clean, neat, tastefully accessorized, I know you know the drill. Most definitely wear comfortable shoes, recruitment just is not the time to break in a new pair of shoes if you can avoid it. Make sure to ask your "rho chi's" for suggestions on what to wear for each round, they're the ones who will know what to--and what not to wear.

If your school has a Greek Life site, you may want to check out the info and links there if you haven't already. Best of luck to you and let us know how things are going!

Christin
Old 09-15-2002, 03:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to APhiRattlerGal Send a message via Yahoo to APhiRattlerGal
Wink

Much luck to you. Just follow your heart.
Old 09-15-2002, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDHoney
Good luck to you! It sounds like you have a great attitude and an open mind and those will be really important through the whole process. Can't wait to hear more...
Old 09-15-2002, 11:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to Shark_in_Skirt Send a message via Yahoo to Shark_in_Skirt
Best of luck to you!

XOXO,
Annie.
Old 09-16-2002, 10:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Good Luck, Suzy!

I was a Kappa legacy, too. But there weren't any on my campus either. And Chi Omega was my mom's arch rival sorority at her school! But once she met the girls she loved them and was very happy for me! I'm sure all will work out for you one way or another! Have fun!!!
Old 09-16-2002, 10:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck Suzy!!
Old 09-16-2002, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to gphiangel624
Good luck with recruitment! I'm sure you've heard a million times, but go in with an open mind and go with what your heart tells you!

Old 09-16-2002, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Best of luck Suzy. You have five amazing sororities to choose from!! Follow your heart and remember: HAVE FUN!
Old 09-17-2002, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I turned in my money and form- Orientation is Thurs at 7. I am researching each sorority so that I can ask informed questions. To orientation I am just planning on wearing jeans- then open house a cute skirt and top- black pants for philanthropy and a nice top then for pref I have an adorable pink dress from River Island (my fav store in the whole world- there aren't any in the US). I will tell you all about it each night
Old 09-17-2002, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

suzymoonspider,
So, so glad to hear that you're researching the sororities, that's fabulous!!!
Your outfits sound lovely, you're going to have a wonderful time!
violets
P.S. Absolutely Adorable Nickname! I love it.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:59 PM

Good luck
Old 09-18-2002, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Fashion show

I got a message from a "Rho Chi" today- the orientation is in the form of a fashion show- telling us the dos and don'ts for recruitment outfits- I thought that was a cute idea. Then we meet all the "Rho Chi's" and get the run down for the weekend. I will let you know how it goes tomorrow night I can't wait!
Old 09-19-2002, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

So I just got back from orientation. It was so much fun and short. The only complaint I have is that we have to be there to pick up invites at 9 on Sat and Sun BUT don't have the parties till in the afternoon- which means that I am stuck either driving back home or hanging out on campus- I go to a commuter school- what were they thinking- but it s nice cause a friend is going through recruitment to and we will drive back and forth together.

The fashion show was cute- telling us the do's and don't. DON'T wear PJs with a teddy bear and pig tales (tehehe). And they set up tables for each of the chapters- though some tables had CONSIDERABLY nicer tables than others- which might hurt some of the chapters- We will see.

I have 6 parties tomorrow from 3-10 pm then I have to eliminate 2. It should be fun. Tell you all about it tomorrow
Old 09-20-2002, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!

...pssst, go Gamma Phi!...