GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,576
2 members and 1,574 guests
mlanderson

Old 05-04-2007, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

One of my chapter's current new member is going to the Kentucky Derby this weekend! That's awesome :-) She's crazy about horses and she drove 9 hours just to go see the Derby!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-05-2007, 01:17 AM
GreekChat Member

After an unintentional dating hiatus, I'm putting myself out there again...and it looks quite promising! Go, me!
Old 05-05-2007, 05:57 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadis96 View Post
Totally random, but I love this time of the year! With the Kentucky Derby on Saturday we get out of school Friday for Oaks Day! All the stars are starting to come into town and everything just seems more clean and pretty this week!

Oh I guess I should mention I live in a suburb of Louisville, KY.
I totally forgot about getting off school for Oaks Day! I grew up in Louisville and definitely agree that derby time is the best part of the year. People just don't get it outside of Kentucky though. Slightly random, but this is the Random Thread afterall In other news, I'm taking the MCAT in a week, and it's just now starting to sink in...
Old 05-07-2007, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Today was my last meeting as alumnae panhellenic president! Yeah! It's been rewarding but a LONG year!
Old 05-26-2007, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Cute Skull & Crossbones Tank Top at Target

I just thought I'd share...I just picked up the cutest tank at Target for only $9.99! It's off-white/ecru with purple (well, plum, really) trim and has little purple/plum skull & cross bones all over it! Very cute and casual for summer!
Old 05-31-2007, 08:52 PM

I found an adorable black tee with a purple skull on it the other day at Wet Seal.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Okay, I posted a while ago about my foray back into the dating world...and it's now official...I HAVE A BOYFRIEND! As in, he actually asked me to be his girlfriend! I mean who does that anymore? He's an incredibly nice, intelligent, handsome and wonderful man! I'm very excited!
Old 09-17-2007, 03:53 PM

Well girls, I'm a grad student now and I'm really enjoying my classes!

In other random news, I love my new apartment. It's my first one ever

I'm also remaining involved with Sigma, since I go to grad school at my alma mater. I helped with recruitment and attended Bid Night last night where I got to meet my chapter's newest members. I'm so proud of them!

Lakers Nation.
Old 09-18-2007, 01:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Random updates from the life of sailboatgirl...

Earlier this month, my alumnae chapter had our 75th anniversary celebration! I was on the planning committee, and although we didn't have as many in attendance as we would have like, we still had a great time! A good mix of golden violets, alumnae from several decades, and even some collegiates and a new member from our near by collegiate chapter. It was a very fun event!

Also, I'm still with the new boyfriend!!!!! And, we're totally in love! I've become a girlie-girl and am all smiley all the time! Things are still going well! He took me to Vegas for my birthday last month, and we're going out of state next week to meet all his friends and family from back home! Wish me luck!

Oh, and I'm home sick with a nasty chest cold! I'm just counting down the hours until my doctor's office can fit me in!
Old 09-20-2007, 02:22 AM
GreekChat Member

So I thought I'd post here that I just got married (my wedding was 9/8). It was wonderful and Sigma-filled. I swear, the Sigma's took up the dance floor the whole night! My maid of honor was my Little Sisterand one of my bridesmaids pledged with me. Here is a group pic. of all of us. That's me in the middle (obviously) and the two girls on either end are the Sigmas. It's not the best picture...but I hope you enjoy!
Old 09-20-2007, 02:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheviolets View Post
So I thought I'd post here that I just got married (my wedding was 9/8). It was wonderful and Sigma-filled. I swear, the Sigma's took up the dance floor the whole night! My maid of honor was my Little Sisterand one of my bridesmaids pledged with me. Here is a group pic. of all of us. That's me in the middle (obviously) and the two girls on either end are the Sigmas. It's not the best picture...but I hope you enjoy!

You look beautiful! Congratulations on the wedding...may you have a wonderful life together!
Old 09-20-2007, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay, so I'm sill home sick (I have acute asthmatic bronchitis) and am TOTALLY bored! My sleeping patterns are all messed up from all the drugs the doc gave me, so I'm trying to stay awake today so that I can sleep tonight and go to work tomorrow. (Wow, did that even make sense?) I don't think I'm cut out to stay home all the time...I don't know what I would do without the internet!
Old 09-21-2007, 08:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh yeah, it makes sense! I've had to do stuff like that after long flights... stupid mean time zones. And bronchitis on top of that, aww, pobrecita!

And my random? Today I get to see the boyfriend, who texts me when he sees girls in Sigma shirts--'cause he knows I'll get a kick out of it. Just another reason it's so cool to have sisters everywhere.

Sigma Sigma Sigma
Old 09-22-2007, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovetheviolets View Post

Congrats! Did anyone break out Sigma song for you. At a recent Sigma wedding I went to, we all gathered around her and sang "In the Light."

Lakers Nation.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Nope, no Sigma songs...I was originally going to do our "Chug" chant...but decided it's too inappropriate for a wedding...not the best for a wedding. I did wear my pin inside my dress though and wore tons of pearls!

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 10-02-2007 at 12:56 PM. Reason: no inappropriate cheers :)