GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,175
3 members and 1,172 guests
flamboyanttree, John

Old 07-27-2020, 09:45 AM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
And I don't know what these are, but because of the "nature" of primary recruitment, they are pleased to offer PNMs the chance to submit optional introduction videos so that chapters can get to know PNMs prior to recruitment week. WHAT?!?!
Old 07-27-2020, 01:28 PM
GreekChat Member

My alma mater is still scheduled to do a part virtual/part in-person recruitment. Every chapter will film a "virtual Open House" video for viewing by new students and parents. It's essentially an introduction to the Chapter and a house tour. Panhellenic is also doing an Orientation video with the Pi Chi's and Panhellenic Officers. That video will be available for all new students to view during a three-day period (the University is staggering move-in dates over several days).

Round 1 is split into two parts -- Part 1 are Introduction to the Chapters videos that will be accessible on Thursday and Friday for everyone who has registered for recruitment. On Friday evening, after everyone has moved in, will be Round 1, Part 2, an evening of "virtual break-out sessions" where potential new members get to talk with members of each chapter. PNM's then rank the houses and chapters make their first round of cuts. Round 2 (Saturday) is in-person and will be a combined Sisterhood/Service round. The number of parties held that day has been increased because the university is strictly limiting the number of PNM's who may be inside the chapter residences (they're university-owned). Round 3 is Sunday (Preference) and is also in-person. Again the number of parties scheduled for that day will be increased. Bid Day will be Monday, after the first day of classes.

It's going to be quite an adjustment, and I'll be very interested to hear how the virtual break-out sessions go. I suspect that recruitment enrollment numbers are lower than usual. Registration was free through the end of July, but Panhellenic just announced that it will now remain free for the duration of recruitment. I'm wondering if some women are going to take a wait and see approach -- either do informal recruitment in January, or wait until Fall 2021.
Old 07-27-2020, 01:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Not sorority recruitment, but maybe of interest:

My APO chapter carried over their Spring pledge class in hopes that they would be able to complete the final portion of pledging in person in the fall, and then begin fall recruitment and pledging immediately after.

In the interim, the school rolled out an all-freshmen/select upperclassmen plan, where all freshmen would be welcome to campus, sleeping in single dorm rooms, while the majority of the upperclassmen would be expected to be fully online from home. Around 500 upperclassmen would be allowed to live on campus (international students, ROTC, people taking labs, etc).

The chapter decided that not enough students would be on campus to conduct either the in-person make-up pledge process, or a brand new pledge class, so they have made the make-up portion virtual and have canceled pledging for the fall.

In 60+ years, we have only missed a pledge period in 1994.
Old 07-28-2020, 04:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZ_Turtle86 View Post

I'm afraid of junior and senior retention this year.
I know my daughter's chapter, at a non-traditional greek school with 4 sororities and no houses, has slashed their dues. I think she said they were going to be less than $200 for the fall. Like $40 a month. Hopefully that will help with retention.
Old 07-30-2020, 07:40 AM
Super Moderator

Fl State is all virtual as of two days ago.
Old 07-30-2020, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

I've written 7 recs for young ladies who will be attending 3 different universities. Two of these are completely virtual although at least one university is offering the opportunity to meet the recruitment group leaders in person. And, it seems that bid day will offer an opportunity to go to the houses in small groups after receiving bids via e-mail.
Old 08-04-2020, 05:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Is anyone else looking at these work week move in pics on Instagram and just cringing? I hope my paranoia is displaced but I can’t see how at least one of these big southern chapters aren’t going to end up with a huge outbreak. Crossing my fingers...
Old 08-06-2020, 03:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Who is the first large southern school to start recruitment?
Old 08-06-2020, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Usually it's Auburn and Ok State.
Old 08-06-2020, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

South Carolina starts virtual round 1 on Monday, August 10.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I will say this. The recruitment threads this year are gonna be extremely interesting. I'm going to make one for Bama soon since it's in about a week.

Since 1888

If I can get a bid so can you; a longer recruitment story
Old 08-06-2020, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Recruitment at Southern Miss starts with Orientation on August 9. Mississippi State starts on August 11.
Old 08-06-2020, 01:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
Bama starts Saturday, August 8th through Sunday, August 16th.
Old 08-06-2020, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

This weekend will be the first test. I’m super intrigued to see how virtual recruitment will go. Prayers to the technology committees...

Has anyone else seen the influx of PNM intro videos on YouTube? I was looking at a vloggers fashion haul (she posts sorority vids sometimes) and I saw a ton of videos on the up next list. I didn’t think the girls would actually post their videos for the world...
Old 08-06-2020, 06:13 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PersistentDST View Post
This weekend will be the first test. I’m super intrigued to see how virtual recruitment will go. Prayers to the technology committees...

Has anyone else seen the influx of PNM intro videos on YouTube? I was looking at a vloggers fashion haul (she posts sorority vids sometimes) and I saw a ton of videos on the up next list. I didn’t think the girls would actually post their videos for the world...
Oh my!