GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,453
2 members and 1,451 guests
*winter*, znathanhulzeo24

Old 07-18-2004, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

strong houses at SDSU & Long Beach

What are some strong sororities at sdsu and long beach? What are some pros and cons of each?
Old 07-18-2004, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

I just pmed you
Old 07-18-2004, 10:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Long Beach...

I'm a Teke from Long Beach State...

It would be inappropriate to talk about the sororities on our campus on this forum, as there are members of certain sororities from our school that peruse these boards - and would not appreciate public scrutiny...

So i'm about to Private Message you as well...

GO BEACH!!!
Old 07-18-2004, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

that would be great. I am definitely interested in gamma phi beta, any thoughts?
Old 07-18-2004, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

good...

I just Private Messaged you...

But yeah, Gamma Phi Beta is a great house to join... Popular house for the rushees...

Hot, hard-core sisterhood type, dancer girls (trust me, we were paired with them for Greek Sing this past semester - and they ALL DANCE!!!) who display strong and "traditional" greek lives...

Yeah, they're hot...

GO BEACH!!!
Old 07-18-2004, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Totally inappropriate to refer to the ladies of Gamma Phi like this. I know many of their ladies & while I know how great they are, the way you are portraying them is only in reference to the physical. There are more qualities that they possess besides being hot & great dancers.
Old 07-18-2004, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by CASIGKAP
Totally inappropriate to refer to the ladies of Gamma Phi like this. I know many of their ladies & while I know how great they are, the way you are portraying them is only in reference to the physical. There are more qualities that they possess besides being hot & great dancers.

You must have missed the part where he said they had a great sisterhood. I know I saw it and I know it's true. Go Gamma Phi!

-GP, who really won't ever be offended that she has hot sisters
Old 07-18-2004, 11:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Okay...

You're probably right...

But I private messaged her and provided more information on every sorority - especially them since she had interest in them...

I would know... I picked a Gamma Phi Beta to be my little bro's BIG SIS this past semester when he pledged...

But yes, I know about more than the physical side, and I already informed her, thank you very much...

Plus you forgot to acknowledge the fact that I descibed them as "hard core sisterhood" girls who lived traditional greek lives...

I say that because a lot of other sororities are swaying to a more modern greek life bogged down by new regulations set by nationals - and don't experience a lot of traditional greek experiences, or know greek knowledge...

GO BEACH!!!

Last edited by SurfinDBeach; 07-19-2004 at 12:03 AM.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:05 AM
GreekChat Member

I have heard great things about gamma phi at long beach, I know you were not offending her. Good thing by private messaging her. Every sorority has their fox and their ox, and each sororirty has their pros and cons.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

I must have missed that part b/c I did kinda skim over the post however, I too have PM'd her. The ladies of GPhiB are truly awesome however, I would like to tell her not to discount the other sororities & there are some amazing locals on campus too so while she may have her heart set on GPhiB, it never hurts to look around & make some new friends regardless of where she ends up.

I Pm'd her & added the websites of some of the sororities on campus b/c it's great to look at the chapter sites & get ideas of where each sorority stands.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: strong houses at SDSU & Long Beach

Quote:
Originally posted by wannagogreek
What are some strong sororities at sdsu and long beach? What are some pros and cons of each?
I dont think many people from South Dakota State University are on here.
Old 07-19-2004, 12:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Not south dakota state university, I am interested in san diego state university
Old 07-19-2004, 12:29 AM
GreekChat Member

If you're ever on AOL, I'm wedgiemunster. We can chat & I can tell you more stuff and answer any and all questions if I can!
Old 07-19-2004, 10:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PM_Mama00 Send a message via Yahoo to PM_Mama00
Hi. This is just a friendly reminder that discussing recruitment type stuff with potential members is a violation of recruitment rules... at least in the state of Michigan and I'm assuming Panhellenically elsewhere.

Guys-- I'm sure the Gamma Phi girls are very lovely, but please respect recruitment rules for people. Let wannagogreek see for herself what organizations are like what. Afterall, some of us try to rush girls on a basis of sisterhood and not how all the fraternity guys feel about.

Sorry, I do not mean to be a bitch, but I can't stand when the guys on my campus try to get involved in our recruitment. You'll never get an accurate description of a chapter (house) based on a guys' opinion. Sorry-- same goes the same for girls and their opinions of fraternities.

KLTC
Old 07-19-2004, 11:33 AM
GreekChat Member

instead of people PMing her which sororities you think she should join, why don't yall just tell her to check out recruitment and see for herself

by telling her different things about each chapter, you're giving this girl pre-judgement on some great chapters (that you might not know much about)

Quote:
Hi. This is just a friendly reminder that discussing recruitment type stuff with potential members is a violation of recruitment rules... at least in the state of Michigan and I'm assuming Panhellenically elsewhere.
thank you. it's like that in NC too