GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Social

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,223
0 members and 1,223 guests
No Members online

Old 02-22-2013, 06:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LambdaChiLife View Post
We give glasses away every other year here. In fact our advisors always ask for extras. It is not promoting alcohol if you dont serve alcohol with it. It is not something you can control as far as what goes into the glass,flute, cup after it is gifted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LambdaChiLife View Post
Once again you are not legally bound to what is placed in the cup if it is presented in a manner that does not promote the consumption of alcohol. I see your point if it was made to look like a red solo cup or made a comment about drinking or drug usage I would totally agree with you that it is a bad idea.
The OP didn't ask about glasses generally. She said
Quote:
Originally Posted by phitillidie View Post
Hey there, I need a cute quote/song lyric to put on a wine/shot glass or a beer koozie for a formal favor.does anyone have any suggestions?
That's what the women in NPC sororities have been responding to.

While a generic glass can certainly have anything in it, and while a koozie, at least the can variety, can as easily be used on a can of Coca-Cola as a can of beer, it is pretty much assumed that wine glasses will be used for wine and shot glasses will be used for shots. These types of glasses are far more suggestive of alcohol than a red solo cup, which you say you agree would be "a bad idea."

Beyond that, I'll just suggest to you that my experience teaches me that opinions on tha are something of a Mars-Venus difference.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-22-2013, 08:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticCat View Post

Beyond that, I'll just suggest to you that my experience teaches me that opinions on tha are something of a Mars-Venus difference.
In reality, it's kinda dumb that we act like alcohol is themosthorriblethingonearth when collegians have alcohol at their events, and alcohol CAN be used responsibly. But we do, and going against that can only cause problems for the OP.