GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,374
0 members and 2,374 guests
No Members online

Old 04-23-2006, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

@#$ Weekend

Okay, I know that I shouldn't do that on the Internet while posting with my letters in my name, lol, but when you read what has happened so far this weekend you'll understand.

Fri - starts out great, going to KY, get a late start (after 3:30), I get a craving for Cracker Barrel green beans and cornbread so we stop and it takes longer than we expected.

Here's where it starts going downhill!

Marissa will know where area I am talking about.

At Mile Marker 8, near the Simpson(?)/Warren Line, rain has finally quit raining, traffic is spread out/not has heavy as northbound side.

I am in the left lane, going about 70-75 (okay, so is everyone else, lol.)

All of a sudden the moving van in front of me swerves and
a. It hits the semi truck on the rear (what I think) or
b. Had a blow out (hubby)...

Anyway, the moving van goes across the median, slams into 1 truck and then another semi heading southbound, then a pickup hits the semi,

The van and semi bursts into flames. The flames go over the pickup truck but that driver is able to get out safely. Unfortunately, the identified semi driver was killed. As of this am's paper, they had not identified the 2 people in the moving van. They were instantly cremated; the fire was so intense that no VINs were possible. The truck was just a basic plain white moving truck. I didn't seen any kind of indentifiers. The van had been packed with household stuff so they could have been headed anywhere.

We stopped and hubby got out with a huge spotlight and fire extenquisher but the fire was so intense there was nothing anyone could do. I heard that the interstate was shutdown for hours.

Thankfully, Sat. was less stressful (or so I thought!!)

On to mid-Sunday heading back home, another vehicle in front of us blew a tire but lucklily got over to the shoulder.

Then get a call from my pregnant Ops Advisor who called to tell me that one of the collegiates almost ran into her twice and didn't apologize when she saw her in the store, lol. She wanted to warn me b/c she miight have a "talk" with the collegiate, lol.

Then my Pres calls to tell me that a GTau that graduated in Dec. and I went to her wedding last weekend..they got back from their honeymoon yesterday and found out that their house had caught fire and destroyed their house, 2 cars, wedding presents, everything!

Thank goodness, I have Monday off!!

One of the things I was thinking about when hubby was helping with the fire was the people I loved, how much AGD means to me and how I needed to get my CA files in order, lol.

On a bright side, cousin's son is back from Irag!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-23-2006, 10:44 PM
GreekChat Member

(((HUGS)))
Old 04-24-2006, 02:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to squirrely girl
oh dear god - glad you're safe!

- marissa
A GD
Old 04-24-2006, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh my...

So I saw all that on the news (didn't know to watch for AGD).... so glad that you didn't get involved in any of it.
Each day has enough trouble of its own!" ~Matthew 6:34
Old 04-24-2006, 06:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm very glad you're safe, Lynn. That must have been traumatic to witness.