GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,308
1 members and 1,307 guests
No Members online

Old 10-13-2004, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Did lazy phi pins generally have the original owner's whole name on the back or was there no standard practice? I have a regular, non lazy phi badge from the 1920s, and it has a full name on it.
Old 10-13-2004, 11:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Quote:
Originally posted by Wine&SilverBlue
sorry to crash but a BIN of $5000?! I wonder what the reserve is....
I'd say that someone is hoping that our International HQ will take notice and scam them for a lot of money.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 10-14-2004, 04:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by valkyrie
Did lazy phi pins generally have the original owner's whole name on the back or was there no standard practice? I have a regular, non lazy phi badge from the 1920s, and it has a full name on it.
I don't know what the practice was way back when, but I own a couple of 1920s era pins and they, also, have the owner's full name on the back.
Old 10-14-2004, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

TechAphi - sure start the thread

the current high bidder on the badge *is* an alpha phi.
Old 10-31-2004, 08:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Here's a badge on ebay with a single sapphire.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...97#description
Old 11-03-2004, 05:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: A quote from her description...

Quote:
Originally posted by TechAPhi
Is that true? The scholarship chair gets a badge with a sapphire? That's something I've never heard before.
If it's true that I got screwed bc I was scholarship and never got a badge with a sapphire!
Old 11-03-2004, 10:55 PM
GreekChat Member

When we colonize a chapter the scholarship chair receives a special pin that is supposed to be passed down from officer to officer. I can't remember off of the top of my head what it looks like. Sorry.
Old 11-04-2004, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for the info, bruinaphi! That's cool and I had no idea that was a tradition! Maybe our first scholarship chair kept it! (Not that I'd blame her!)
Old 11-05-2004, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

I confirmed that the blue sapphire is the stone for the scholarship chair badge. My chapter didn't have one when I was in school either.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:05 AM
GreekChat Member

If the scholarship badge is supposed to be worn by an active while she is scholarship chair, caution, sisters--buying the badge on e-bay would mean you would not be able to wear it!
Old 11-09-2004, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Are there any other offices that have special badges. I thought chaplain got one as well.

If an alum wanted to replace/purchase one of these special officer badges, does HQ still do that? I'm thinking that would be a nice gift and maybe a bit more than writing a check, not that the chapters don't love the money. (Course as a grad student, it may be a year or so before I can give a pin as a gift, gotta save up the miniscule paychecks)
Old 11-15-2004, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaPhiBubbles
Here is a pin listed that says "Phi Alpha" but I just thought I'd throw it out here to all you girls to see what you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...941391016&rd=1

And here's another active pin from Eta, 1937:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...941392657&rd=1

Old 02-13-2005, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

another scholarship chair badge - with blue stone...

.... and it is being sold by an APhi!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...782170300&rd=1

In the Q&A section she says she has researched the pin but couldn't find its significance -

Questions from other buyers for this listing

Q: Are there any marks or engraving on the reverse? Thanks. Answered on Feb-12-05
A: Hi! There are no markings or engravings on the back! Thanks for asking and let me know if I can answer anything else for you! Katie

Q: It seems to me that this pin could have been lost by an alumna helping out for initiation or an event. Or, it could be a valuable piece to the chapter that simply was misplaced. Can you address these concerns before I bid? Thank you. Answered on Feb-11-05
A: Hi! As a dedicated and loving member of Alpha Phi International, the Alumni, and the chapters I have done over two years of research trying to find who it belongs to. I have told internationals, contacted all Alpha Phi chapter presidents and advisors, and still have not found an owner or anyone that knows about this pin! My grandmother and mother were Alpha Phi's and I have even had them spread it around their alumni groups, etc. My main purpose of selling the pin is not really a money issue at all. I have put a lot of effort into finding the owner or chapter significance and would not just sell it with out doing any of that as I know how valuable my pin is to me and would hate to have someone lose theirs. I hope that this answered all of your questions and I thank you for asking! I hope that I have answered all of your questions but if not please feel free to e-mail me! Katie Also there is no date or initials on the back of this pin which has been another dead end for me!
Old 02-14-2005, 07:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlphaPhiBubbles
her intentions seem well off, but I still dont see why she'd sell this on ebay....unless she really was in it for the money. The thing with unique pins like this is they make awesome gifts for other alpha phi's or chapters. Or just by giving it to International to put in the museum or whatever they have in that office. By selling it on ebay she risks it going to non-aphi collectors and whatnot when I know i'd prefer it to stay within our sorority. but oh well...thats the thing about free will!
Old 02-15-2005, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

New badge on e-bay

There is a badge from a new member on e-bay. She says the initiation date on it is 2004 and it belongs to her. ??