GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,152
1 members and 1,151 guests
Low D Flat

Old 05-03-2010, 03:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
I was told NOT to do that. All you do is cook the burn.
Just going by experience. I work at a hospital and the nurse did this for me when I spilled hot tea on my hand last week (and they had run out of Neosporin in the med room). It was deep red and blisters were forming along the edges of the burn. I thought she was nuts, but it was painful and I was willing to try anything. She caked on toothpaste and I rinsed after about 10 minutes. The blistering and redness had disappeared, along with the pain. My hand looked like nothing had ever happened. Take it FWIW.

Butter on the other hand....that's a fail.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 05-04-2010, 03:49 AM
GreekChat Member

Don't make up stories about yourself, especially if you live in a small town. People will find out the truth and then you just look like an idiot (not to mention a little less-than-sane).

[back stories:
#1: This kid who was a total bully to me in HS somehow got it going that he was the CEO/founder of some company that was comparable to Build-a-Bear and it was successful and he was loaded.....turns out..he sells phones at the Spring kiosk in the mall. How did everyone find out the truth? His wedding announcement in the newspaper. FAIL.
#2: This guy I was actually very good friends with for the bulk of HS emailed me randomly and told me he was a personal assistant in NYC and he was rolling in cash and he had his own "we'll organize your home and your life" kind of business.....Saw him walking out of our local furniture store with a company polo & nametag on last week....]

Θ Φ Α

Old 05-05-2010, 01:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to nikki1920 Send a message via Yahoo to nikki1920
If someone offers you a piece of gum or a mint, take it.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Go light on the perfume. You may not be able to smell it anymore, but trust me, everyone else can.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Never, ever lie about your fraternal affiliations.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 05-05-2010, 03:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parfait View Post
Go light on the perfume. You may not be able to smell it anymore, but trust me, everyone else can.
YES! Great one. And more people are allergic to it than you may think. Please don't kill them (read: me)

Smokers-just because you douse yourself in cologne or smoke outside does not mean that I can't smell it on you 2 hours later and need to leave the room. No, not everyone enjoys that scent and yes, some people are allergic to it (read: me again).

Cologne or perfume does not make up for a shower. Deodorant is a good start, though.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetygerlily View Post
YES! Great one. And more people are allergic to it than you may think. Please don't kill them (read: me)

Smokers-just because you douse yourself in cologne or smoke outside does not mean that I can't smell it on you 2 hours later and need to leave the room. No, not everyone enjoys that scent and yes, some people are allergic to it (read: me again).

Cologne or perfume does not make up for a shower. Deodorant is a good start, though.
Hello fellow multiple allergy sufferer!

My correct advice is always run spellcheck. Always. Even if no red lines show up.
Old 05-05-2010, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

If you ever come to DC and travel on our Metro...

When you get on the escalators move to the far right to let people who want to move ahead do so...you always can spot out of towners by the ones who hold up the escalators.
Law and Order: Gotham - “In the Criminal Justice System of Gotham City the people are represented by three separate, yet equally important groups. The police who investigate crime, the District Attorneys who prosecute the offenders, and the Batman. These are their stories.”
Old 05-05-2010, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RU OX Alum View Post
Hello fellow multiple allergy sufferer!
*Waves* They are oh so fun, aren't they? Mine's all fragrance & tobacco.

Writing in all caps does not excuse you from knowing proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Many consider it to be quite rude and it is difficult to read.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetygerlily View Post
*Waves* They are oh so fun, aren't they? Mine's all fragrance & tobacco.

Writing in all caps does not excuse you from knowing proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation. Many consider it to be quite rude and it is difficult to read.

Totally. Mine are mostly food related but lots of outdoor and some frangances too.

When crossing the street, look both ways because just because you have the right of way, doesn't mean drivers are paying attention.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Bras should have no gapping in the cups.
Bra bands should not be arched on your back. They should be straight across.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 05-05-2010, 08:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
If you ever come to DC and travel on our Metro...

When you get on the escalators move to the far right to let people who want to move ahead do so...you always can spot out of towners by the ones who hold up the escalators.
This is actually a REALLY big deal in the Metro in Madrid, Spain. DO NOT be standing on the left side especially when you hear a train pull into the station. You will get mowed over.

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience" -Colossians 3:12
Old 05-05-2010, 09:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stSoon2BePhD View Post
This is actually a REALLY big deal in the Metro in Madrid, Spain. DO NOT be standing on the left side especially when you hear a train pull into the station. You will get mowed over.
Exactly!!
Old 05-05-2010, 10:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Does this happen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaemonSeid View Post
Never, ever lie about your fraternal affiliations.
I have to ask...does this happen very often? It seems obvious that you wouldn't lie about your fraternal affiliations but, does it really happen that often? Do you mean, don't lie and say you belong to ABC when you actually belong to XYZ or do you mean if you aren't in any GLO, don't lie and say you pledged, initiated, crossed, etc.?

That is dumb when people do that. People will eventually find out you are a liar-just like TPA said about the guys in her town who lied about their cushy jobs. People eventually find out-ya' know?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by als463 View Post
Do you mean, don't lie and say you belong to ABC when you actually belong to XYZ or do you mean if you aren't in any GLO, don't lie and say you pledged, initiated, crossed, etc.?
<hijack>
I've heard so many stories about people who are not a member of any organization but say that they are affiliated.

I too do not see the point but ... to each his own ... ?
</hijack>

0.2 points out of a total of 25 on a lab report DOES NOT COUNT for anything. Do NOT ask your teacher/TA/professor to change your grade and give you 0.2 points back!

"Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience" -Colossians 3:12

Last edited by 1stSoon2BePhD; 05-05-2010 at 10:30 PM.