GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,935
3 members and 1,932 guests
JayhawkAOII, KatieKate1244

Old 12-13-2002, 11:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
I only go out without makeup if I'm going to the gym.

I will never go out anywhere else without at least gloss, powder, and mascara.

For work, nights out, etc: it takes me 1-2 hours to get ready (hair, makeup, clothes, scents, etc)

I never, EVER wear anything that represents my sorority (letters, hat, etc) if I am not 100% made up. I don't want anyone to think of a Tri Sigma woman as anything less than perfection!

One exception: I don't mind looking like hell if I go to IHOP. There's never ANYONE there I care to impress! LOL
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 12-13-2002, 12:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
guess I'm too concerned what everyone ELSE thinks, but if I think I look good, then I feel good... so it's ALL good
I'm the opposite, I know if I wake up feeling good, I'll look good/happy/alive.

Basically the only time I do wear makeup is when I'm going out to the bars/a party. I don't find it a necessity to be made up everyday - I have better things to be doing (like sleeping) than spend an hour on hair and makeup every morning.

I typically don't get dressed up for class either. Sometimes I roll out of bed and throw a sweatshirt on and go to class. Seriously.

On occassion I'll go "crazy" and wear jeans and a nice shirt Typically though, its jeans, tshirts and my favorite IOWA sweatshirts for this girl!

Last edited by IowaHawkeye; 12-13-2002 at 12:22 PM.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:17 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Imthechamp
Quote:
Originally posted by IowaHawkeye
Basically the only time I do wear makeup is when I'm going out to the bars/a party. I don't find it a necessity to be made up everyday - I have better things to be doing (like sleeping) than spend an hour on hair and makeup every morning.

I typically don't get dressed up for class either. Sometimes I roll out of bed and throw a sweatshirt on and go to class. Seriously.

On occassion I'll go "crazy" and wear jeans and a nice shirt Typically though, its jeans, tshirts and my favorite IOWA sweatshirts for this girl!
You look very nice in your picture.

Congrats on whatever the hell you do to look that fine.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs down

I've learned over the years that make-up isn't all that necessary. I'll almost always put on some kind of lipgloss (my favorite is a clear gloss with glitter that smells like mixed berries). I kinda got out of colored lipstick with my old boyfriend (no comment) and out of all over foundation in high school because its just too messy. I once got this bronzing powder from this company that sent out a make-up kit every month, and I LOVED IT!! It made me look all bronzy caramelly LOL. And it wasn't as messy. But I can't find it again! I got this other kind that's mineral but it kinda sucks. But anyway, back to topic, I hate eyeliner and eyeshadow and blush, so that only leaves lip gloss, mascara (sometimes), and if I can find that bronzer, that.

I remember at my old school, girl would be up, and dressed DOWN, heels, make-up and hair SPOTLESS for an 8:00 AM class I mean, that's just too pressed to me. And these were pretty girls, they didn't need a full made up face everyday. I reserve that for special occassions or professional pictures.
Old 12-13-2002, 12:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to amycat412
Quote:
Originally posted by axotiger
azalee, I'm all with you on the whole... 'every thing's gotta be perfect before I leave' comment!! No matter where I go, class, grocery store, mall, or to a party... I want to look good [in my eyes]. You never know when you are going to meet the man of your dreams...
SO TRUE.

I can't leave house w/o makeup eiither--at the minimum some concealer and mascara...but that's very rare, ususally i go the whole route...

however--

the one tiime i wennt OUT, to a PARTY on a SATURDAY night rather spontaneously w no maakeup other than mascara and my diirty hair in a pony taiil... I met mr. amycat. LOL
Old 12-13-2002, 12:59 PM
GreekChat Member

For the longest time I only had to be wearing foundation and mascara with maybe a little gloss or tinted chapstick. Lately, I've been adding a few more touches here and there. Last year I started using clear brow gel. This year I seem to have decided that I look so much prettier with a little dab of blush. It's like I'm growing progessively more high maintance.

At any rate... I only wear a little subtle eyeshadow during the day on the rare occasion that the mood strikes me and only really get made up to go out at night. I live in Colorado though. Around here, you don't want to look like you tried too hard.
Old 12-13-2002, 01:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
It depends on where I am going. If I am running to the grocery store or have an early morning class, I won't care if I have make up on. But, if I am going out with friends or want to like nice for something or someone then I will make sure to put on make-up.
Old 12-13-2002, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

I always wear at least some makeup - mascara and concealer - but normally more. My lashes are pretty short and fine, so I ALWAYS curl them and wear mascara. I end up looking pretty much the same wherever I go because it takes a decent amount of eye makeup to make my eyes stand out, but there's a fine line between good and way too much when it comes to eye makeup. Even at night, I try to never cross that too much line and would rather err on the side of caution. The big difference between day/night for me has to do with lipstick choice.

The real way to tell if I'm trying to look cute is my hair. I have long curly hair, so if my hair's down and straight, chances are I spent way too much time doing it. If it's pulled back, I was too lazy to let it dry and straighten it out. I don't like my hair feeling sticky, so I don't let it stay curly because of all the freakin goo I'd have to put in it so it wasn't nappy-looking.

I think it's pretty interesting to see that some people will only wear any type of letters if they're looking nice. We'd wear ours anywhere. Like I said, I always wore makeup so I looked decent 99% of the time, but I was a big fan of wearing letters to the gym. I guess I figured that, if nothing else, I was representing my group well by working out.
Old 12-13-2002, 03:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Dang it must suck being a female in the south.

I seldom and I mean seldom leave the house WITH make-up. The only time I wear make-up is whenever I "go out". Otherwise, my face is cute enough without it.
Old 12-13-2002, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm sorta like IowaHawkeye, I do not wear make every day. I only wear make-up if
A-I'm going out with friends or family
B-I have pimple breakout and I need to cover those ugly things.
C-IF I have time in the moring, and if I do, it would be cream powder, eye shadow, and mascara and chapstick.

And wearing letters, like OUlioness01 said, rule is if you wear ur letters, you do your make up, hair, and look nice. Your are basically adverstising your sorority. And if you don't look nice, people will get not get the best impression.
Old 12-13-2002, 04:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I have my cycles of "oh my gosh, I need make-up on every moment I am awake" to the "eh, who am I really trying to impress anyway!?" I was terrible about it in college though. Make-up and hair to 8am's and re-apply make-up before band in the afternoon. What the point was, I don't know, since it would all sweat off anyway!

I think I'm reaching the balance now with going without if I have no where to be and I plan on bumming around. If I'm out though to shop, work, meet people, etc... then the face gets put on. The only bizarre thing I still do is put on new make-up before I head out to the skating rink. Maybe I have this crazy notion that the ice will keep it from disappearing even though I'm flying around. Or maybe it's the guys I know I will see...
Old 12-13-2002, 05:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I almost never wear make-up...but I do love it. hmm. I usually only put on make-up when I'm bored, have a lot of time to kill, or if I'm going out somewhere special. I would definitely rather have the extra half-hour to sleep instead of applying make-up. I'm just lazy like that.

It's strange because sometimes when I'm not wearing any make-up, some people think that I'm wearing at least foundation and powder. I suppose I'm genetically blessed when it comes to the complexion. *shrug*
Old 12-13-2002, 10:34 PM
GreekChat Member

I am all about wearing makeup. I usually even wear it to the gym because during the week I go in the evenings when I have it on already anyway. Sometimes I'll go without on weekends, but it helps if it's earlier in the day, although sometimes I'll be rollin' into the gym with no makeup and bedhead at about 6pm on a Saturday. The only other place I'll go without makeup is the grocery store, but I don't like to do it. It just sometimes happens that it's the only place I'll go on a lazy Sunday, and it's just not worth it to bother for that.

I don't know why, really. I just like to always look my best, and to me, that means wearing makeup. I never wanted to be one of those women who looks like she has "let herself go" once she got out of college. It's not even an issue of running into someone I'm trying to impress; I've just always been concerned about how I look and want to look decent no matter what I'm doing.

The funny part is that my boyfriend thinks I look better without makeup. He's all about the "natural" look and thinks that messy hair is cute. He's always trying to get me to go out to breakfast with no makeup, bedhead, and wearing sweatpants. I always say, "But sweetie, I just can't!"
Old 12-13-2002, 11:42 PM

I don't wear all that much makeup even when I go out for the evening. So it's not all that startling a change when I go out without any on. I just look a bit younger when I don't have my eyes "done up" and at my age I can't say that I mind that! lol

I ran into kddani this fall at our college when I had literally rolled out of bed, threw on some shorts and a t shirt, stuck my glasses on and decided I needed to drive to that part of town so I could buy a new Pitt sweatshirt (I get spending urges, okay???) She recognized me and didn't scream and go running the other way, so I guess I looked alright
Old 12-14-2002, 01:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lilsnakeyk
I just started working at a tv station, and one of the first pieces of advice that I picked up from one of my co-workers was to not bother putting on makeup before I got to the station.

And it totally makes sense, because by the time that I have to be on-camera, the 8:00 am makeup job would have to be completely washed off, and I would have to start all over again.

It's very liberating to not have to "put my face on" before I get to work.