GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,669
1 members and 2,668 guests
PGD-GRAD

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2015, 12:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Bid Day;
Waking up on bid day, I received a text. Terrified, I waited around five minutes to open it, scared that it was going to say that I had been dropped from the whole process. Finally, I sucked it up and opened it, and it said that Bid Day was going to be inside, due to rain. Thank goodness! I had nothing to worry about after all. I quickly went to shower, blow drying my hair, putting on the assigned tshirt (nawt cute), jean shorts and sneakers.

Heading to the Student Union, where it had all began, we congregated in the cafeteria, semi freaking out together, and applying flash tattoos to our arms, giving us something to take out minds off the proceedings.

‘They’re here, they’re here!’ came the shout, and after a second of confusion, I realized that our bids were here. Our names called out in a random order, we went behind a partition where out recruitment councilors gave us a sealed envelope with our bid card in it. Of course, I was one of the last to be called, and in that time I reasoned with myself. The two houses that I preffed were both wonderful houses, and I would be incredibly happy to be in either of them. There was just something about BROWNIE. I loved it so much, even from the first day. No, I would be lucky to get either.

As my name was called, I walked back behind the partition, and was handed my bid card. Ripping it open, I jumped with joy, hugging my recruitment councilors. I later found out that they were in PANCAKES and DONUTS.

The bid was for BROWNIE aka

CHI OMEGA!!!

I've had an amazing last few months with these women during my new member period, and I can't wait to get initiated in January (even though we're the last sorority, or should I say fraternity, to do so).

I have friends in all of the sororities, even the new one that colonized this semester.

And I am H-A-P-P-Y to be in this sorority!