GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,565
0 members and 1,565 guests
No Members online

Old 01-15-2012, 04:51 AM
GreekChat Member

ALPHA PHI please HELP!

Is there any possibility of Bringing Alpha Phi to Cal State University Los Angeles? The sororities on campus here are lacking is appeal and tradition. The NPC org here is Delta Zeta, and that is not working out well. Alpha Phi needs to come to Cal State LA.

Please expand!!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-15-2012, 05:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePose View Post
Is there any possibility of Bringing Alpha Phi to Cal State University Los Angeles? The sororities on campus here are lacking is appeal and tradition. The NPC org here is Delta Zeta, and that is not working out well. Alpha Phi needs to come to Cal State LA.

Please expand!!!!
Never fear. The Greek Chat Official Sorority Expansion Team will get right on that.
Old 01-15-2012, 05:50 AM
GreekChat Member

I sure hope so. It's looking like my sister is going to school there in the fall(12), and I want her to be apart of such a great org.

Party with a Lambda Man!
Old 01-15-2012, 06:46 AM
GreekChat Member

1-that was sarcasm.
2-the words are a part, unless you mean you want her to be separate from a great org.
3-I show there are 2 NPC sororities at this school. Did AST close or do you just not like them? (don't answer that if the latter is true)
4-if a sorority did expand to CSU LA, there's no guarantee Alpha Phi would be invited or even want to expand there. Yes, they're a great group (as all of ours are) and they are huge in California, but for just that reason they may not be interested in expanding to this school when there are bigger fish to fry, so to speak. Or maybe they would, but this is a decision for a whole bunch of women who are not you.
Old 01-15-2012, 08:06 AM
GreekChat Member

1.No sarcasm.
2.oppsies-
3.Oh, I just checked. It looks like they are the only chapter in California. Sorry I over looked them.
4.The vibe at CSU-LA is not the same as other schools, especially UCLA and USC down the street.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_or_Geek? View Post
Never fear. The Greek Chat Official Sorority Expansion Team will get right on that.
I just need to quote this for awesomeness.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:24 AM

Why does Alpha Phi HAVE to be there? There are plenty of other awesome NPC sororities that I'm sure would fit well there too. Besides, you are forgetting that there are already 2 sororities at CSU-LA, not just the one you listed: Delta Zeta and Alpha Sigma Tau both have active chapters on campus. If another sorority is needed, there has to be the demand for it and the campus would open for extension which is the process by which other sororities not present would send information packets expressing their interest in colonizing. If the campus is not open for extension or there is no need for another sorority, then there is nothing that can be done. Even if the campus did open for extension, that does not necessarily mean Alpha Phi would be interested in colonizing, other groups that were interested could try and colonize instead so there is no guarantee.
Old 01-15-2012, 10:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by APhi4Ever View Post
Why does Alpha Phi HAVE to be there? There are plenty of other awesome NPC sororities that I'm sure would fit well there too. Besides, you are forgetting that there are already 2 sororities at CSU-LA, not just the one you listed: Delta Zeta and Alpha Sigma Tau both have active chapters on campus. If another sorority is needed, there has to be the demand for it and the campus would open for extension which is the process by which other sororities not present would send information packets expressing their interest in colonizing. If the campus is not open for extension or there is no need for another sorority, then there is nothing that can be done. Even if the campus did open for extension, that does not necessarily mean Alpha Phi would be interested in colonizing, other groups that were interested could try and colonize instead so there is no guarantee.
The OP told you: the existing organizations aren't awesome enough. Strangely enough, they don't have any tradition. I'm sure the sisters of DZ and AST will be interested to learn that they don't have any tradition.

Last edited by amIblue?; 01-15-2012 at 10:33 AM.
Old 01-15-2012, 12:18 PM

Quote:
I sure hope so. It's looking like my sister is going to school there in the fall(12), and I want her to be a part of an org with hotter girls that I can creep on.

Party with a Lambda Man!
Fixed your post, and just so you know...the girls who are there make the sorority, not the other way around. Selena Gomez (or whoever it is you want to shtup) lookalikes are not going to come pouring into campus just because Alpha Phi is there.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:17 PM
GreekChat Member

I looked at the school website a bit and it appears they have a nice little Greek system that fits their student population pretty well. The school is more than 50% Latino and only 15.7% white. Based on all the sororities they have listed, it seems to me they have their sorority options covered pretty well.

And trolling your little sister's friends? Eeewww.
Old 01-15-2012, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
1.No sarcasm.
2.oppsies-
3.Oh, I just checked. It looks like they are the only chapter in California. Sorry I over looked them.
4.The vibe at CSU-LA is not the same as other schools, especially UCLA and USC down the street.
And you haven't noticed that the whole school has a different vibe than those schools? Why would the Greeks be the same? Obviously the Greek life won't be as big or filled with the same kinds of people that go to USC or UCLA. It will be filled with the types of people that go to CSU-LA. It's not magic.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 01-16-2012, 12:21 AM
GreekChat Member

But bringing Alpha Phi to a commuter school is going to turn it into USC. Don't you know ANYTHING?
Old 01-16-2012, 01:46 AM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greek_or_Geek? View Post

*giggle*
Old 01-16-2012, 12:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Please expand!!!!
For whom?

Old 01-16-2012, 01:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
For whom?
For the OP. He's not able to get his freak on.