GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,016
1 members and 2,015 guests
flirt5721

Old 11-07-2004, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Min Structured Recruitment

I am trying to organize a Minimally Structured Recruitment at my school. This was suggested by our NPC area advisor from the new recruitment styles. There is not much guidance on how to set something like this up. We already have a formal period in the fall before school starts. This is not to help chapters get to total, it is to help raise the number of greeks. I need recommendations on how to set it up. Specifically:

Schedule (how many rounds, who needs to attend which/how many)

Bid Distributions

How to figure how many bids each chapter can give out

Deadline to sign up or none-just show up.

Anything else that I may not have thought of

How to figure quota
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-07-2004, 11:03 PM

Well, I'll give it a whirl.

3 rounds (Meet the Greeks, Theme, Pref) - every rushee HAS to attend ALL the MTG events, Theme rushees can attend whichever ones they want to, Pref rushees can only attend if they are invited.

Bid distributions - do you mean how? The sororities can come pick the women up unless the school has issue with that, if so they can pick up bids at the student center and be told to show up at the sorority house/suite at so and so time.

You can still do a quota/total thing like at regular formal rush - it would probably be better because if you just say everyone can bid up to total, the largest and most popular sorority will only get bigger and it won't help the smaller group.

Def have a deadline and a schedule so none of the parties overlap.
Old 11-08-2004, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks 33girl. That seems pretty structured. Should it be?

Should the meet the greeks round be spread over a couple of nights to allow for night classes, work, other obligations?

4/5 chapters are at or above campus total. Only one is below. We want to eventually (soon) raise campus total. The three larger chapters only bring in NM's at Formal Recruitment. One has a short COB period right after FR and at the beginning of a new semester. The other has COR year-round. They are pretty successful with it but retention is bad. We want the other chapters to have the chance to get girls who don't find out about Formal Recruitment because it is before school starts.
Old 11-08-2004, 12:04 PM

our MTG was on Sunday afternoon. Theme was spread out over the next week and pref the week after that.

I personally hate the "have COB parties whenever" being called rush, especially if you're trying to attract freshmen. It's not going to help if the big popular sorority keeps having parties the same night as the smallest one. that's why you should have a schedule so no one steps on anyone's toes.

If you're having a problem with people not rushing because it's before classes start, maybe you should delay it till a week or two after - or do more PR for it. Also, what methods are the smallest group using in their COB? Are they really taking time to cultivate women who they think will be good sisters and who they like or are they giving a bid to anything that moves? If it's the latter and they keep doing that, nothing the other groups do will help.