GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,392
2 members and 2,390 guests
bjaessjnray2773, John

Old 09-07-2012, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

ECU

I was very interested in taking part in recruitment this year at East Carolina University as a freshman but I wasn't able to for personal reasons. One of which was a lack of support from my family. I have convinced my mother in particular that Greek Life could be something good in my life especially seeing how my first few weeks of college have gone. She has agreed to let me go through recruitment next year which I am really excited about because I finally have her blessing and support! The down side is that ECU is not having spring rush this year and my next opportunity is fall recruitment of 2013 which will be my sophomore year. My question is, at ECU is going through recruitment as a sophomore looked down upon or hinder your chances of being offered a bid? Reading other related posts I have concluded that at some schools sophomores are not given the same chance, or are viewed with less interest by the sororities. Taking into consideration the ECU greek life culture, is it a good idea to participate in recruitment next year, or should I not waste my breath? Thank you for any input and opinions!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-07-2012, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not familiar with the campus, but just in case, I think I'd let the Greek Life office know of your interest. You can also express interest to the girls you've met who are in sororities now. There may be a/some chapters doing some informal rushing either this fall or in the spring. The down side is you don't get to see all of the chapters. The up side is you can get in and start the fun sooner.

But "not wasting your breath" is never the right answer. Even at the toughest schools there are still sophomores who make it through.
Old 09-07-2012, 07:01 PM
GreekChat Member

You never know.
Women drop out after pledging and decide a sorority is not for them. Members graduate in December. Places sometimes open. Go to your Greek life office and sign up. It doesn't mean you have to pledge anywhere. Couldn't hurt!