GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Gamma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,481
2 members and 1,479 guests
naraht

Old 09-21-2012, 02:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey DGs! Who'd you pref?!

This is on the homepage right now for Alpha Phi. I always love asking my sisters who else they preffed, so I thought DG should have this thread too!

I preffed Alpha Delta Pi and DG. I knew as soon as I left the DG party where I belonged, though

Anyone else?
Old 09-21-2012, 04:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I preffed Dg, AEPhi, and Chi O. The moment I left DG I knew it was where I wanted to be, but it was my middle party so I still had to go to another and it was so hard because nothing was going to get me to change my mind after that.

I'm still so thankful that DG loved me as much as I loved them, and I later found out that I was actually my big's rush crush it was meant to be!

for hope, for strength, for life
Old 10-26-2012, 05:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
Just DG since I was a part of a colonization. I had no interest in Greek life on my campus until I heard DG was coming.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to DGTess
About the only rush rules we had were that parties were held on given days, and bids on the same day. We could rush any or all groups, and receive bids from, potentially, all five. I only rushed DG. Didn't know what rush was, but these wonderful women were friendly and welcoming and special.
Old 10-27-2012, 10:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I preffed DG and Alpha Chi Omega. While I could have seen myself in either one - and would have been happy at the time with either one, am glad it was DG!
Old 10-28-2012, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

DG and Zeta.

I would have been okay with Zeta. Made some good friends in their house over the next four years, but I had even more friends in ADPi and AGD. Pi Phi, too.

FSU has historically had lots of strong houses. But I knew the very second I walked into the Gamma Mu chapter house, it was the one for me. It was weird. Love at first sight!
Old 11-27-2012, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

DG, Phi Mu and Alpha Omicron Pi. Many girls from my hometown went to one of several DG chapters around the state. I'd been keen on DG for a while through some hometown friends, so I don't think it was a big mystery where I would end up. Although one of my best friends is an AOII and many of the girls I was friends with as a freshman joined it, so AOII has a little place in my heart, too!

No regrets about where I joined, but I was nervous during the whole recruitment period. Ole Miss recruitment is mid-semester first term, so freshman girls meet and band together while waiting to go through recruitment. It's six to eight weeks of no formal contact with female Greek upperclassmen, rumors spreading about each chapter's selection process and ideal candidates, going to to frat parties to see and be seen, etc. My academic schedule was busy and the whole rumor mill/frat party scene freaked me out, so I spent more time with my upperclassmen male friends and non-Greek female friends. As a result I didn't know much of my new member class when I joined, but I eventually found my place. I loved the history and the alumnae support of our chapter.

I wish I'd gone in with a little bit more of an open mind and taken more time to get to know girls my own age. I gravitated towards older girls and alumnae. I do think part of it was that many of the Greek life events and pre-recruitment rushing on campus involved frat parties, and I was pretty firmly committed to not drinking until I was 21 (mostly because it's not legal...I have no real qualms with responsible, legal alcohol use). I tried not to look standoffish, but unfortunately that meant I wasn't immediately bonding over drinks with other PNMs and sisters. Things got a lot easier for me after I turned 21. I was much more at peace by senior year, but freshman and sophomore years were tough sometimes.

Even now, I'm involved with alumnae things much more than collegiate affairs . Formals were fun, but swaps/mixers were never my favorite part of the sorority experience. Our chapter was just so big, it was hard to have a lot of sisterhood activities that weren't in that form.
Old 05-15-2016, 01:31 PM
GreekChat Member

I was a DG chapter legacy at CSULB but truly liked all of the houses throughout our five day rush. By preference I'd only been dropped by Tri-Delt and I declined invitations to AOPi, Gamma Phi Beta and Delta Zeta during the week. By preference it was down to Alpha Phi and DG. I went to Alpha Phi's party first but while we were having the candle/song part of the event, I looked around and realized how few of the sisters that I'd met during the week. However at DG I'd met dozens of sisters so I was confident that DG was the right choice when I listed my choices. I still believe that I made the right decision!
Old 01-27-2017, 01:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink my choices

1. DG
2. AXO

I would have been equally happy in AXO and DG, I think; probably because I had so many friends that were in AXO chapters; but after the second round I just knew DG was home. I was a DDD legacy, but it just was not a good fit for me.