GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Zeta > Zeta Tau Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,350
0 members and 1,350 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2013, 06:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Interestingly, I've seen the acquisition of a house dramatically change the tone of a chapter overnight. Dues go up to pay for house and parlor fees, people leave because they don't like the change/can't afford the increase, and the perceived prestige of a house attracts more women in the next recruitment. I can't speak for everywhere and I'm not, but that happened quite a few times on my campus.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Well GCers, this is what I was talking about. I'm acquainted enough with the un-sorority's doings that I know what has occurred and that they have cost their national buttloads of money and pain. 33 doesn't know the situation and can only make assumptions.

Same with Tulane. Something (some things?) told ZTA that the situation wasn't going to work out. Maybe it was numbers or scholastics or something we haven't dreamed of. *Zeta is there, we're not, so I wouldn't begin to make assumptions about what happened.*
Which is why you really shouldn't have posted this little tale (that I'm sure all 3 groups really appreciate having all over the internet) in this thread - it's like you're intimating ZTA bowed out for the same reason, because the girls sucked, which is exactly the conception most people in this thread were trying to negate. Kudos.

adpiucf, I completely agree - that doesn't just happen with big multimillion $ houses, it happens at all types of schools. Sometimes the acquisition is positive, sometimes negative. Again, it's just simply a matter of timing and who is in the various roles when.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:24 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Which is why you really shouldn't have posted this little tale (that I'm sure all 3 groups really appreciate having all over the internet) in this thread - it's like you're intimating ZTA bowed out for the same reason, because the girls sucked, which is exactly the conception most people in this thread were trying to negate. Kudos.
No, I didn't hint at that. I explicitly said that it could be for a number of reasons, some of which had nothing to do with the girls. And the stuff about the 3 groups is all over the internet, still to be found if you know where to look.
Closed Thread