GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Gamma Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,470
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, KetoXP
» Online Users: 2,236
0 members and 2,236 guests
No Members online

Old 09-04-2002, 07:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Went to the Alum Meeting!

I went to the Chicago NW Suburban Alumnae Club meeting last night! I haven't been active with the group because my P.E.O. chapter meets the same night and because most CNWSAC members live 20 to 25 miles away from where I live making it quite a drive. I skip P.E.O. in order to go to the AGD salad supper, once a year. Despite my inactivity, people remembered and welcomed me. How nice that was!

CNWSAC is an active group with a long-running philanthropy (the Kirk School for developmentally disabled kids). They participate in the annual Ron Santo Run for Diabetes. They also participate in the Chicago NW Suburban Alumnae Panhellenic which sponsors two fundraising events for scholarships.

CNWSAC hopes to adopt a collegiate chapter this fall. (The two closest, Sigma and Beta Epsilon, have been adopted by other Chicagoland alum clubs.) As the group talked about what they could do for a chapter several hundred miles away, I suggested we become e-pals -- pairing alums with collegians. Sounds like a plan!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-04-2002, 08:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to LeslieAGD
Chicago Northwestern Suburban Alumnae Club...what a mouthful!

Glad you had a good time!
Old 09-04-2002, 09:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Re: Went to the Alum Meeting!

Quote:
Originally posted by AGDAlum
CNWSAC hopes to adopt a collegiate chapter this fall. (The two closest, Sigma and Beta Epsilon, have been adopted by other Chicagoland alum clubs.) As the group talked about what they could do for a chapter several hundred miles away, I suggested we become e-pals -- pairing alums with collegians. Sounds like a plan!
My chapter was adopted by the Old Dominion Alumnae Club in DC (about 4+ hrs away). They usually send us fun care packages during finals and such, but we're trying to figure out how to have more contact with them. I'll have to suggest the e-pal thing.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

AGDAlum,

I didn't realize you were that close to the Chicago area, glad to know you're getting involved in one of the great alum clubs in the area (there are 4). The Chicago Northwest Suburban Alum Chapter is one of the strongest alum chapters in the area, not to mention have earned an impressive amount of awards from Convention. I've met a lot of the women from that chapter, they've always been very kind to me and very supportive of the Downtown Chicago Junior Circle (which just started in February).
I know that they're pleased that you want to get involved, they've always been pleased when anyone in the JC group wants to attend their events. If you're interested in checking out a JC event, PM me and I'll give you a heads up on what we're planning.

LIEP,
Amy
Chicago JC President
Old 09-08-2002, 10:25 PM
GreekChat Member

You guys may be able to adopt the Theta Iota chapter. We were founded in 1980 and I believe have only initiated a little over 420 sisters in that time. Needless to say that means we have limited alumnae support, even with a local chapter there. Just a thought I know that the sisters there could use the encouragement and knowledge of alum sisters from else where!
Sarah

Facebook