GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Delta Delta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,164
2 members and 1,162 guests
FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 02-28-2006, 01:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PolyDelta
Philanthropy

Hi ladies! My chapter, Epsilon Epsilon, is still pretty new, we just celebrated our 1 year in January! So, we're still playing around with what will be our signiture philanthropy event. So far we've tried a Soccer tournament, Garage Sale, Delta Desserts( a bake sale of sorts), and a couple other smaller things. My question to you lovely ladies is, what have you found to be your most successful philanthropy events?

DL
Old 02-28-2006, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ilddd3
Something I enjoyed but didn't raise money was when the chapter volunteered for the Special Olympics. Alot of our philanthropy dealt with giving of our time. I hate to say it, but I have forgotten alot about fundraising after just a few years out of school.
Old 03-01-2006, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to miss_rosey Send a message via Yahoo to miss_rosey
We did a Pancake Flipout on parent's weekend. It was a good, cheap thing to take your parents to, and we always raised a lot of money.
Old 07-19-2006, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

for our phil. we hold one in spring and one in fall....in spring we have DHOP, Delta house of pancakes....its from 11-2 in the morning $4 to get in and all you can eat pancakes, we always raise tons of $$$ with that (we have a dj come too)...and in fall we have Frats at bat...the guys love it....very competative, i think its $10 per person or something and we act as coaches, taking food in the morning to get them ready to play!
Old 05-27-2008, 05:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink Theta Iota

Hello! I am from the Theta Iota chapter and we have an amazing philanthropy chair this year. She organized a letter writing party where we all wrote letters to 50 of our relatives. It took what seemed like forever at the time but, we were greatly rewarded with over 22,000 dollars in donations to support St. Jude and eventually led to us getting top chapter on campus for the third year in a row!

Good Luck with everything it sounds like your on the right track!
Old 07-27-2008, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

We have a Bachelor's Auction in the fall (which is our biggest fundraiser) where we auction off cute guys. We've also sold D-Skins (cases to protect CD's which were invented by a Tri-Delta), had a "Blow away cancer" event where we sold bubles and chocolate lollipops in appropriate Tri-Delta related shapes, raffle tickets to a football game, and for their service project the Spring 2008 new member class (after they were initiated) had a lemonade stand during an event at our school called Cultural Explosion. We also participate in Up Till Dawn (which has now become a schoolwide event) and split the names. So, 25 names we'll use for Tri-Delta and 25 will go to Up Till Dawn. Good luck!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Look and see what kind of facilities you have on your campus and that might help you decide on an event. For example... does your school has a nice intramural softball complex or tennis courts? Does you campus have a nice indoor basketball court? A 3 on 3 basketball tournament could do very well especially if you divide it into categories like fraternities, sororities, or you can open it up campus wide to all organizations and individuals. Contact your intramural sports dept and they can give you more info on facilities and also they can many times supply the equipment and officials. Another type of event that has been growing in popularity is a golf tournament. You could hold a 3 man scramble or an all out tournament. You charge an entry fee, and try to get some prizes donated. And like someone else posted... pancake parties do very well. A tip for a pancake party... schedule it the night of say a big football game. That way there will be a lot of people on campus, and people will come for pancakes as a break from partying. Also, you might want to sell tickets in advance. Many times people will buy a ticket, meet up with friends that night, and then bring their friends with them. And people are more likely to come if they have already purchased a ticket. I hope this helps! Good luck!