GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,416
2 members and 1,414 guests
KDKells, Xidelt

Old 07-30-2009, 10:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a good friend who rushed at age 24 and got into a great sorority and absolutely loved it. I know that since I changed my major and have premedical classes to complete before I can graduate I still have about 3 years left of school which I know usually matters more than age. I just wasnt sure if the Panhellenic Council had any regulations on age.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-30-2009, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholie View Post
I have a good friend who rushed at age 24 and got into a great sorority and absolutely loved it. I know that since I changed my major and have premedical classes to complete before I can graduate I still have about 3 years left of school which I know usually matters more than age. I just wasnt sure if the Panhellenic Council had any regulations on age.

There are no official age restrictions, but depending on your school, being an upperclassman may make it harder for you to get a bid.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Rumor that 40 year old, firs ttime in college, is rushing at my school this year. I'm instersted to see how this works out. I go to a small (3 panhellenic sororities) non competitive school, so this should be interesting.
Old 07-31-2009, 10:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicholie View Post
I went to college for a year and a half at age 17 and then got very unsure of what I wanted to do with my life, so I dropped out. Now I know exactly what I want to do...which just happens to be a doctor, neurologist to be exact. Anyways, I just turned 25, but I am very young at heart Would 25 be seen as way too old to rush a sorority???
If it's a non-traditional school, you may or may not get a chance. At 25 and working on pre-med, you really want to hang out with a bunch of 18-20 year olds? Seems like your focus should be on school if you want to become a neurologist.

It's your choice, but be prepared for the worst.
Old 07-31-2009, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyj87 View Post
Rumor that 40 year old, firs ttime in college, is rushing at my school this year. I'm instersted to see how this works out. I go to a small (3 panhellenic sororities) non competitive school, so this should be interesting.
We had a similar situation...a 30-something year old at a small non competitive school with children at home. I think it took her one night to realize that it wasn't going to be what she wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII_LB93 View Post
If it's a non-traditional school, you may or may not get a chance. At 25 and working on pre-med, you really want to hang out with a bunch of 18-20 year olds? Seems like your focus should be on school if you want to become a neurologist.

It's your choice, but be prepared for the worst.
Concentrate on school. Your older then a traditional student first starting out and you have a long road of school ahead of you, I think your focus should be on school.

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 07-31-2009, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

we should just make a line graph of "how old is too old to rush" to settle this once and for all.

actually it might be more of a matrix - age, class standing, location of school and how overthetop ridiculous the reason is for wanting to rush at said age.