GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,049
1 members and 1,048 guests
LaneSig

Old 08-05-2009, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy Oh, ho! All KINDS of Debacle..-ness

Hello! Hola! Konnichi Wa! ( And all that jazz, just wanted to make sure I spoke to everyone)

Good day! I decided to drop this little gem of a thread because I wanted you good people's insight on my little debacle.

I always like to start these off with an "I aspire to join XYZ" because it always adds a little spice and mystery to the post LoL. No, really I do aspire to attend rush this upcoming Spring (BGLO if you were wondering) and I'm more nervous that Drake around a Wet Floor Sign....Why you ask?

Okay. Ahem....

I am a 26 year old, fairly fresh transferred student to LMNOP University. I have been going to school on and off since 2002 (Reason being that I have the distinct pleasure of not being eligible for financial aid, thus me paying for tutition out of pocket that tends to rise more than gas prices during Summer '08).

Me, personally. I love me. I believe that I am an enlightened and exceptional young woman. I have the GPA and a strong love for community service. Now, I know this type of social-scholastic thuggery guarentees me NOTHING, but I definitely don't look foward to me leaving rush after my heart has been punted into the hallway in light of these small situational "problems".

My question is, will my age,my conundrum of scholastic history (not scholastic achievemtents, mind you) and me being a fairly new transfer student (with a grand total of 97 credit hours I'm no credit hour spring chicken) be seen as a negative when I attend rush? Will these things overshadow what I can contribute?

I know this sounds silly....but everytime I think it's going to affect me, I get to sweating like Pedobear at a GirlScout Jamboree.

I await your replies with baited breath, and I thank you humbly for any help you can offer, even if its "SADDOWN HEFFA" or you tell me to take my buttcheeks to timeout for the duration of life.

Thanks
AfroClassy.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I don't say this often, but I've decided I like you.

Note that I have no advice to offer on anything NPHC, but you used the phrase "PedoBear at a GirlScout Jamboree."
Old 08-05-2009, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfroClassy View Post
Hello! Hola! Konnichi Wa! ( And all that jazz, just wanted to make sure I spoke to everyone)

Good day! I decided to drop this little gem of a thread because I wanted you good people's insight on my little debacle.

I always like to start these off with an "I aspire to join XYZ" because it always adds a little spice and mystery to the post LoL. No, really I do aspire to attend rush this upcoming Spring (BGLO if you were wondering) and I'm more nervous that Drake around a Wet Floor Sign....Why you ask?

Okay. Ahem....

I am a 26 year old, fairly fresh transferred student to LMNOP University. I have been going to school on and off since 2002 (Reason being that I have the distinct pleasure of not being eligible for financial aid, thus me paying for tutition out of pocket that tends to rise more than gas prices during Summer '08).

Me, personally. I love me. I believe that I am an enlightened and exceptional young woman. I have the GPA and a strong love for community service. Now, I know this type of social-scholastic thuggery guarentees me NOTHING, but I definitely don't look foward to me leaving rush after my heart has been punted into the hallway in light of these small situational "problems".

My question is, will my age,my conundrum of scholastic history (not scholastic achievemtents, mind you) and me being a fairly new transfer student (with a grand total of 97 credit hours I'm no credit hour spring chicken) be seen as a negative when I attend rush? Will these things overshadow what I can contribute?

I know this sounds silly....but everytime I think it's going to affect me, I get to sweating like Pedobear at a GirlScout Jamboree.

I await your replies with baited breath, and I thank you humbly for any help you can offer, even if its "SADDOWN HEFFA" or you tell me to take my buttcheeks to timeout for the duration of life.

Thanks
AfroClassy.

I have to tell you: You are doing WAY too much with this post.

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

That's why I like it. It's like she researched what newbie posts are supposed to look like and then tried to include every single aspect. Overall, solid Internet Effort.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Aw man..I was trying so hard...not to TRY so hard. Geez.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:22 AM

Quote:
social-scholastic thuggery
Quote:
Quote:
This needs to be a major.
Old 08-05-2009, 12:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by annabella View Post
That's why I like it. It's like she researched what newbie posts are supposed to look like and then tried to include every single aspect. Overall, solid Internet Effort.

I thought the OP was posting a spoof. I'm still assuming she was.

Last edited by myopicsunflower; 08-05-2009 at 12:24 AM. Reason: spoof!
Old 08-05-2009, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
I'm more nervous that Drake around a Wet Floor Sign....
Quote:
"SADDOWN HEFFA"
LOL.

i now like u enough to wish u all the best in ur pursuit. [lane swerve] if things don't work out in undergrad u are always free to pursue Greek Life as an Alumna [/lane swerve]
Old 08-05-2009, 12:48 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by myopicsunflower View Post
I thought the OP was posting a spoof. I'm still assuming she was.
that's what I was going with too.

Quote:
LMNOP University
Did anyone else think "LMNOP" was one letter when they learned the Alphabet Song as a kid? Learning to read was kind of a letdown.
Old 08-05-2009, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to dreamseeker
Quote:
Did anyone else think "LMNOP" was one letter when they learned the Alphabet Song as a kid? Learning to read was kind of a letdown.
LOL! i'm blaming u if my brother sends me an angry text telling me to shut up.

but yes, elemenopee. thats how i used to say it.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Too funny. Both my kids struggle with this. They each recognize an L, and if you point to one and ask what letter it is, they'll say, "L." (Same with M, N, O and P, for that matter.) But when they're singing the song, they say, "ella in a pee."

ETA: I don't have any idea what the right answer is to the OP's question, so I'm not going to address it. (Except to address the fact that I'm not addressing the question. This is my attempt at not hijacking the thread. Now, where's my coffee?)

Last edited by SydneyK; 08-05-2009 at 08:38 AM.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:29 AM
GreekChat Member

To the OP, you are HILARIOUS! I wish you all the best in reaching your goal. As an NPC member, I have no idea if you'll have a hard time or not. Your post just made my day!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 08-05-2009, 11:38 AM
GreekChat Member

LOL! You gals are a hoot! I'm lauging as you guys laugh at me! Ah! I love it! Atleast I wasn't drawn and quartered for asking some unknown taboo'd question! :-) I appreciate all of the well wishing as well, I need them all!

A couple of questions here...

What's an OP?

Two. I talk like this in real life, so someone help me make it less "funny" so I can maybe get my question answered? This is no spoof...me so serious :-\. I really do get that nervous....maybe....Bobby Brown in a Flour warehouse nervous....
Old 08-05-2009, 11:41 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What's an OP?
Original Post/Original Poster.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Ok, taking my first lane swerve here...

You're probably not going to get the answers you're looking for here. From what I have gathered from reading posts here over the past year, NPHC membership is not discussed on the internet.

:::swerves back to lane:::