GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,425
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zenjaminusasdz5
» Online Users: 2,192
0 members and 2,192 guests
No Members online

Old 07-18-2012, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by misscherrypie View Post
Thanks for the information. I have backup Campus activity ideas if I don't end up getting a bid, so not being Greek isn't the end of the Universe. At least not to me..
It's possible (and some sororities and fraternities actually require you to do so) to take part in at least one other campus organization. I think it's a wise idea for many reasons to not ONLY participate in Greek life and have no activities. You should check them out immediately when you get to campus, and not only if you don't receive a bid. Whether it's continuing something in which you're already skilled or experienced, like riding horses, or writing for the school newspaper, honing these skills and and maintaining a well-rounded campus life can be very important when it comes to finding employment post-graduation.

Then again, if you're in your late 20s, you've presumably already been out in the workforce, and perhaps already have stuff you've been doing for years. Either way, they shouldn't be "backup" activities. Sure, you can gain leadership experience and do philanthropy work, but NPC Greek life is mostly a social experience.

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-19-2012, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ree-Xi View Post
It's possible (and some sororities and fraternities actually require you to do so) to take part in at least one other campus organization. I think it's a wise idea for many reasons to not ONLY participate in Greek life and have no activities. You should check them out immediately when you get to campus, and not only if you don't receive a bid. Whether it's continuing something in which you're already skilled or experienced, like riding horses, or writing for the school newspaper, honing these skills and and maintaining a well-rounded campus life can be very important when it comes to finding employment post-graduation.

Then again, if you're in your late 20s, you've presumably already been out in the workforce, and perhaps already have stuff you've been doing for years. Either way, they shouldn't be "backup" activities. Sure, you can gain leadership experience and do philanthropy work, but NPC Greek life is mostly a social experience.
Great points and advice. Thank you.
Old 07-20-2012, 03:00 AM
GreekChat Member

As it's been said on Greek Chat many times, you have zero chance of a bid if you don't go through any kind of recruitment process. You can always try! If you were going to a really competitive school, I would honestly not hold out any hope, but since you aren't, it could possibly work out.

During my undergrad years, we pledged a 25-year-old who was a junior. She got quite involved with the chapter. Her closest friendships in the sorority ended up being with the 20-22 year old upperclassmen as opposed to the mostly 18-year-old girls in her pledge class. When she got married a couple of years later, every one of her attendants was a sorority sister!

Best wishes to you!