GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,923
3 members and 1,920 guests
JayhawkAOII, KatieKate1244

Old 09-12-2011, 04:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Another junior transfer sorority recruitment story :)

I just transferred to my new school from a community college and I thought I would go through recruitment to try and make more friends and strong bonds. If anyone is interested here is the first part of my story

My campus has 7 sororities so we visited each house for 20 minutes the first day. I used fruits to keep the sororities anonymous.

Pineapple: I didn’t really click with this house. Every girl I spoke to was extremely nice. 100% sweet hearts and not fake at all. They really seem to accept people and are really down to earth. However I had to work really hard to keep the conversation going and I just didn't have anything in common with the girls.

Pear: I have mixed feelings about this house. Some of the girls I spoke to were really nice and the conversation flowed easily…. and others it didn’t. There is a huge perk to becoming a part of this sorority that I can’t name because then it would give it away. But this is one that I’m on the fence about. They seem cool but I just don’t know if I’d fit in.

Blueberry: This house is one that everyone that I carpooled with really liked. They require a high gpa to be a member in good standing, which I like. There were also a lot of communication studies majors (my major). However, when I think back and look at my notes…. I can’t remember a whole lot about the girls other than what they were wearing. So I didn’t have a bad experience but it just wasn’t memorable.

Strawberry: This was the first house I visited where I felt completely comfortable. The conversation wasn’t forced at all and every girl I talked to seemed like we would be friends. I was actually sad when they rang the bell to sound that the 20 minutes were up. I wanted to sit there and talk a bit longer. So this house is my number 1 as of now.

Raspberry: This was the second house that I really clicked with. And I think the girls really liked me, more than the strawberries liked me. They got me talking about books and TV shows. And we were just cracking up over celebrities and it was just a fun time. These girls seem 100% real and I could see myself there. This is my number 2 house at the moment.

Mango: This was the first house I went to yesterday so I’m not going to lie. I was SO nervous! I didn’t know what to expect and when girls busted out the front door, the balcony, and 2 windows singing…. I was scared. But every girl I talked to seem really nice and their process seemed really well put together. Except this one was one of the hardest to hear the girl I was speaking to because we were in a tiny living room. But I talked to another communication studies major and even found out she’s in one of my classes. Which will be extremely awkward on Tuesday since I’m not allowed to talk to any sorority members outside of recruitment until rush is over. But I think I really liked this house. I liked a few houses better than this but since it was my first house I listed them in my top 5 because I want to see how they are day 2 when I’m not so nervous.

Cantaloupe: The girls at this house seemed really nice. They had a lot of diversity in girls, which I liked. However conversation didn't flow that well but I still had a good time.

When I first filled out my preference form I listed cantaloupe and blueberry last.

However I ended up asking for my form back because I wanted to list cantaloupe and pineapple last instead. I realized I had let pineapple stay because they were super nice to me but I ultimately know I wouldn’t belong in that house.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-12-2011, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

sounds good.
Old 09-12-2011, 08:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 2

So I’m going to be honest…. today didn’t go how I thought it would go. At all.
I don’t think I’m a conceited person, I guess I was just feeling really confident in myself and how I interacted with other girls at the house. I was expecting a full schedule today with a maximum of 5 parties.
However, when I got my schedule today I was a bit disappointed. I only got invited back to 3 houses today, which really wouldn’t have been so bad… except two of the houses were the 2 houses I listed as my bottom 2 the previous night. So I ended up having to visit Pineapple and Cantaloupe again. However on the plus side I also got to go back to Raspberry, which was my second favorite house yesterday.
Cantaloupe: This house was the one I rated at the very bottom last night. I just really didn’t like the vibe of the house yesterday. However when I went back today things seemed a little better. I don’t know if yesterday we were all just really tired by the time I got to them or if I was nervous but yesterday I just wasn’t feeling them. Today was a lot better. Their song were great and they looked a lot friendlier. Conversation flowed a bit easier. They’re house is really amazing and each girl I talked with was really friendly. I’m actually really glad I got invited back to this house to give them a second chance. It surprised me.

Pineapple: Now this is the one that I was unsure about cutting last night. Today we did a Philanthropy activity, which was actually really cute. I was unaware of their cause before but it seemed like a pretty good cause to donate time and money to, however it wasn’t anything near and dear to my heart. Then we went on a house tour. They had a pretty cool house with a balcony/roof access. Lots of cute pictures were displayed around the house and the bedrooms were really adorable. But the conversation just didn’t flow that well. No matter which girl I talked to it was an effort to keep the conversation going and I just didn’t really click with any of them.
Raspberry: This house was my number 2 yesterday and so they are my number one today. I love this house so much. I mean, not the actual house (which is cool too) but I really really like the girls. The first day and today I just didn’t have to work at talking to them. Conversation just flowed super easy like we already knew each other. Not to mention their philanthropy is my favorite (out of all 7 houses, not just the 3 I got invited back to). It’s something me, and my entire family, actually care about. This is the house that I want to end up in. *fingers crossed*
This is how I currently rank the houses in order of my preference:
  1. Raspberry
  2. Cantaloupe
  3. Pineapple
Old 09-13-2011, 01:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Day 3!!! Preference night

I was super anxious about seeing which houses I would get invited back to.
It almost killed me to have to wait until 5pm to find out.
When I reported to my Rho Gamma and she handed me the list, I was stoked!
My first party was at the Cantaloupe house. This part was amazing. They served awesome desserts and the girl I got paired up with was really sweet. We talked about our families and what it means to be in a sorority. She was super nice and their introduction song was really amazing. Their ritual was really beautiful and emotional, I actually teared up a bit. I can’t believe how much my view of this house has changed since the first day of recruitment.
The second party I went to was Raspberry! Yay I was so happy because this was the house I really wanted to go back to. Their backyard was decorated beautifully for tonight and their desserts were equally as amazing, I loved it! The ritual wasn’t as emotional but it was still really beautiful plus it was cute. The girl I got paired up with was a previous girl I had been paired with the day before and while she wasn’t my favorite girl we still had really good conversation and we were laughing and just having fun.
I ranked:
1. Raspberry
2. Cantaloupe
although I will happily accept a bid from either sorority. I just feel more at home when I’m at raspberry.

Where will I end up?!
Old 09-13-2011, 01:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I love your story so far...
Old 09-13-2011, 03:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Enjoying your story!
Old 09-13-2011, 07:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay I love junior rush stories! I hope you find your home
Old 09-14-2011, 01:22 AM
GreekChat Member

BID DAY!!

So after going to work and practically dying of anticipation in my classes, I showed up to meet my Rho Gammas where they handed me an envelope with a bid to Cantaloupe!

I accepted a bid to

SIGMA KAPPA!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!
Old 09-14-2011, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

hooray!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!
Old 09-14-2011, 10:32 AM

Congratulations!!!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to Sigma Kappa!
Old 09-14-2011, 12:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! I'm loving all the Sigma Kappa endings this year!
Old 09-14-2011, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!