GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,250
0 members and 1,250 guests
No Members online

Old 04-27-2010, 10:27 PM
Super Moderator

Shadow Me

I found the following article on the Alpha Delta Pi news site. I haven't checked any other sorority's site, so it may be common knowledge. Common or not, I find this a really great step in safety:

"About Shadow Me

"Safety can be a serious issue when walking alone at night, jogging, or traveling. SHADOW ME is an easy-to-use application that works on any cell phone or smart phone, on any network, anywhere, at any time.

"With the activation of a security session via 800 number, mobile web browser or via the iPhone application, you can arm your phone to alert friends, family or the authorities simultaneously in the event of an emergency. Upon activation, the system will check up on you via timed, automated call backs. If you need help, SHADOW ME will contact all of your emergency contacts right away and play back the recorded session information of “where you are, who you are with and what you’re doing”, thus allowing them to collectively take action on your behalf.

"If you cannot answer, SHADOW ME senses trouble and starts this emergency alert process automatically. There is also a panic button feature to be used immediately if you need help before SHADOW ME calls back at the time you scheduled for that session."

I can't help but wonder about Jennifer Kresse's disappearance, or that of several other sorority women.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )