GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Events

Events Is your organization hosting an Event or do you know about an upcoming Event and would like to get the word out? Post all Event related information here.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,752
2 members and 1,750 guests
flamboyanttree, LaneSig

Old 11-08-2019, 05:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation Alpha Phi Smoking Gun Just Published on IG

So the @FriendInHeaven account on Instagram has been very active and has dropped several new bombshells.

There is one post about how they cheat on Panhellenic rules and have 2 different membership rosters. One is the official one and one is what they submit to Panhellenic to report fewer members so that they can COB more members. Maybe a lot of groups do this. Maybe some of you can speak to that.

But, the really big bombshell is the summary of an official presentation made by the leadership to tell volunteers how to match PNMs to Members by scoring both the members and the PNMs by image and then matching them on a spreadsheet. They have gotten really really brazen with this strategy. They clearly feel untouchable. Perhaps they are wrong.

Read it for yourself.

Happy Birthday to someone special at the EO. This is just for you!
Old 11-08-2019, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

So much for "values-based" recruitment.
Old 11-08-2019, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

It's not just embarrassing, it's flat out gross.

Old 11-08-2019, 09:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrsaMajor View Post
But, the really big bombshell is the summary of an official presentation made by the leadership to tell volunteers how to match PNMs to Members by scoring both the members and the PNMs by image and then matching them on a spreadsheet. They have gotten really really brazen with this strategy. They clearly feel untouchable. Perhaps they are wrong.
I'll say! How is this even possible? Are the volunteers calling them out on this? Are they going along with it? Is all of National Council on board with this strategy?

At what point does a large portion of the membership get together and call them out collectively? Will chapters that hear this from the volunteers speak up?

I don't understand how or why they think this will work in perpetuity.

Sorry... perhaps I've drifted out of my lane, but...

@~/~~~~
Old 11-09-2019, 10:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Well. This is no surprise to me whatsoever. I told you guys a long time ago. Ugly ugly ugly behavior. I feel nothing but anger and disgust for the APhi "leadership". You're gonna to lead your fine organization off a cliff, and take the rest of us along for the hell of it.

Now waiting for the APhi mouthpieces to attack me and others again. Bring it, I don't care. You wouldn't attack if you didn't know it's true. Kind of reminds me of what's happening at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue - create diversions to avoid dealing with the internal rot. Save the lecture about "let's wait to see if this is real". What needs to happen here? This isn't fan fiction or some disgruntled members, you guys. This IS very real. APhi has taken "pretty skinny tanned" to a whole other level.

To my APhi sisters: good God almighty, rise up and take back your organization. What the hell is NPC going to do and say now? or will it be more *crickets*? Crystal ball says "girl, you in trouble". Pay attention. We're all going to go down if this isn't addressed swiftly and decisively. I'm so tired of all the politeness and political manuevering. Deck chairs on the Titanic?
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 11-09-2019, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Well. This is no surprise to me whatsoever. I told you guys a long time ago. Ugly ugly ugly behavior. I feel nothing but anger and disgust for the APhi "leadership". You're gonna to lead your fine organization off a cliff, and take the rest of us along for the hell of it.

Now waiting for the APhi mouthpieces to attack me and others again. Bring it, I don't care. You wouldn't attack if you didn't know it's true. Kind of reminds me of what's happening at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue - create diversions to avoid dealing with the internal rot. Save the lecture about "let's wait to see if this is real". What needs to happen here? This isn't fan fiction or some disgruntled members, you guys. This IS very real. APhi has taken "pretty skinny tanned" to a whole other level.

To my APhi sisters: good God almighty, rise up and take back your organization. What the hell is NPC going to do and say now? or will it be more *crickets*? Crystal ball says "girl, you in trouble". Pay attention. We're all going to go down if this isn't addressed swiftly and decisively. I'm so tired of all the politeness and political manuevering. Deck chairs on the Titanic?
PREACH!!!
Old 11-09-2019, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

So absolutely disgusting. I'm appalled that my organization and all other NPC organization can be remotely associated with the action of these fools. Does the NPC not have a method of censuring or expelling member organizations which do not reach our standards?

In other Alpha Phi classy member news, these four Ole Miss Alpha Phis are facing felony vandalism charges. Stay classy! https://hottytoddy.com/2019/10/31/fo...cle-vandalism/ I wonder if they've been kicked out?
Old 11-09-2019, 10:11 PM
Super Moderator

I've reviewed the post on Instagram. I'd really like to see some corroboration on this as it is a pretty monumental accusation. As far as I can tell, there's a post on 10/15/18 on babe.net. There's another from a month before that on hercampus.com. The content of these sites leaves a lot to be desired, so I won't help them out with an inbound link.

Are we sure this is a real thing? I would think that at some point, an accusation of this magnitude would warrant coverages from sites other than those openly soliciting readers to send their fraternity boyfriend's racist posts. If there's anything credibly confirming this stuff, it needs to be public. If this is just a few sites republishing questionably sourced takedown leaks, then I'm not sure we should leave this thread up.

ETA: Not to mention, the source appears to be someone who has previously been banned from GC.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma

Last edited by Kevin; 11-09-2019 at 10:22 PM.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
I've reviewed the post on Instagram. I'd really like to see some corroboration on this as it is a pretty monumental accusation. As far as I can tell, there's a post on 10/15/18 on babe.net. There's another from a month before that on hercampus.com. The content of these sites leaves a lot to be desired, so I won't help them out with an inbound link.

Are we sure this is a real thing? I would think that at some point, an accusation of this magnitude would warrant coverages from sites other than those openly soliciting readers to send their fraternity boyfriend's racist posts. If there's anything credibly confirming this stuff, it needs to be public. If this is just a few sites republishing questionably sourced takedown leaks, then I'm not sure we should leave this thread up.

ETA: Not to mention, the source appears to be someone who has previously been banned from GC.

Kevin, those sites are talking about the “Beta Delta letter” that we have been discussing on here for six months. They have nothing to do with this current thread. The Beta Delta letter was allegedly written by an Alpha Phi member from the U of Michigan. The “smoking gun” which is referenced in this thread is allegedly a summary of a presentation made by national volunteers to chapters. They are two different things and it seems like you’re conflating them.

Also - friend in heaven was banned only because of the site promotion. When the supermod who did it was informed of the situation they quickly undid it.

We got this.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post

Also - friend in heaven was banned only because of the site promotion. When the supermod who did it was informed of the situation they quickly undid it.

We got this.
So friendinheaven has been unbanned? I was unaware of that and it doesn’t appear that way in her profile so I’m confused.
Old 11-15-2019, 12:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post

friendinheaven GC account is still banned - I just checked. Could the supermod undo it now? Asking for myself.

Back in the land of the living finally. Hate being unwell.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 11-10-2019, 12:36 AM
GreekChat Member

There was also a major article about it in at least the Michigan Daily.

It’s clear there’s an organizational issue with Alpha Phi that starts at the top and is geared towards recruiting the prettiest women possible, regardless of other standards. GreekChat choosing to ignore it, shut down conversation about it, or ban people from talking about the obvious problems will only serve to drive them elsewhere (and make GC look complicit).
Old 11-10-2019, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlossom View Post

It’s clear there’s an organizational issue with Alpha Phi that starts at the top and is geared towards recruiting the prettiest women possible, regardless of other standards. GreekChat choosing to ignore it, shut down conversation about it, or ban people from talking about the obvious problems will only serve to drive them elsewhere (and make GC look complicit).
+1 to everything you wrote.
Old 11-10-2019, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
+1 to everything you wrote.
Thanks. It drove me out of lurking I was so annoyed. It makes literally no sense for these conversations to continually be shut down.
Old 11-10-2019, 01:00 AM
GreekChat Member

I was editing my post and somehow it didn't take. Here's the edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaBlossom View Post

+1.

ETA: Kevin, friendinheaven was banned for joining GC and promoting the Instagram account. Easy to find that info to verify my memory, I didn't even have to look it up, just remembered the question being asked and answered as to "why was friendinheaven banned"" Surely it was discussed by supermoderators? Yes, I have a phenomenal memory. Not eidetic but close to it in many regards; don't have hyperthymesia (but my older brother does). Further, what does being banned from GC have to do with anything regarding what's on the Instagram account? Strange dots to connect, really reaching IMO. *scratching my head*