GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Chi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,316
2 members and 2,314 guests
Kevin, LaneSig

Old 05-01-2001, 12:19 AM
GreekChat Member

Post Crush/Date party ideas

Hello,
I am new in my chapter and have been elected social chair. I was wondering if the AXO's from other chapters had any good ideas on types of Crush/Date parties I could plan for my chapter. If you could post a reply that would be great!

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-01-2001, 02:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Lightbulb

Hi Lauren,
Well my chapter had a honeymoon in vegas theme this semester. I have also seen the following ideas.
-Mad hatter(where everyone wears hats)
-Gettotabulas
-fan fair(everyone comes as fans of
something).
- Westerner
Thats all I can think of right now. I will let you know If I can think of anymore. Good luck with the position.

LITB,
Mairin
Old 05-01-2001, 06:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking

I read your other message that said that you attend UTA...Tell Martie Garcia that her sister in Houston says Hello! Thanks!
Old 05-03-2001, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

We have a crush party called "Screw your Sister"...what we do, we set the sisters up with either her dream date or worst nightmare! Usually, it's the former. We've always had a lot of fun with this.

Happy to see some AX action on this board! Please feel free to write me!

L&L!
Old 05-10-2001, 09:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Wow! We've got a lot of new sisters on here! Awesome! Glad to see/hear from you all -- AlphaChiGirl, please send me your new email. I enjoyed emailing you before!! Use my AXOAlum@greekchat address, and when I hear from you I'll reply with my real email address.

That goes for all my AX Sisters as well.

Our annual thing is "Get Lucky With An Alpha Chi" and its held on St. Patty's day each year. What we do is that each sister invites 2 guys, and 3 potential women (ie, she can't be a member of another sorority already) - then we have a total blast and we get to really hang out with the prospects. Its so great! We love it. Of course shamrocks, horseshoes, and other lucky charms are used for decorations and our tees and stuff.

Hope to get emails from you guys soon!

LITB!!
Old 06-12-2001, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

Hope this isn't too late, but what we're doing for date party this year is "everybody gets leid," so we're going to get leis and possibly grass skirts and have a big hawaiian party. Last year we did a Mardi Gras theme with masks and beads, but the girls got the beads and the guys had to work for them. It was a blast.

AXLuv,
Liz

------------------

Alpha Chi Omega - Why reach for the top when you're already there?
Old 06-13-2001, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

I hope these ideas aren't to late either, but my chapter has at least 2 theme socials a month, so I got tons of ideas.
-famous duos(Pick a famous couple and come dressed as that couple)
-three amigos(The AX gets to invite a date and two other people to hang out at the party)
-kidnap(AX's kidnap their dates, blindfold them, and then take them to the party
-"wet in wild" (this is more of a swap, but AX and another sorority or frat, have a huge food fight with anything they can find) this is my FAV!!!
-Western, Beach, mardi gras,grab a date

I hope these help
Old 07-11-2003, 11:18 AM
GreekChat Member

We have this party called "Tie the Knot". Another sister, usually your roommate, sets you up with a date, but doesn't tell him or you who they are going with. The guy gives your roommate one of his ties, you show up to the function wearing his tie and he had to go find his date and his tie
Old 07-11-2003, 12:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Sarah31, we had a variation of this called "My Tie". The fraternity we were mixing with would bring over one tie for each brother that was planning on attending the mixer (usually the afternoon of the mixer). Then the sisters would choose a tie, go to the mixer, and their "date" for the evening would be the guy who's tie they got. I remember the time my chapter did this, I met a guy who ended up being my date for formal that year!

We also did mix-match (clashing clothes, colors, etc.) and "ER" (everyone dressed up like Dr's and nurses). Okay, I've been out of school for too long b/c that's all I can remember right now! If I think of more, I'll post again.
Old 07-11-2003, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Alpha Chi - Grab a guy [Famous Couples] -- thisi s new this year, not sure how it's exactly going to go
Jamaican Me Crazy - date party... hawaian
Lovers & Lyres [Liar] - vday crush party
Riverboat - ok so this is a date party on a riverboat... no theme
um... then a bunch of mixers
Old 07-11-2003, 02:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Party Ideas

We've had some GREAT parties from the past couple years:

~Crush Party: everyone gets two invitations and has other sisters invite their crushes or invitations in the mail, you can tell them that they are your crush or you can keep it a secret and just have a good time...it's usually around valentine's day and the invitations are heart-shaped and fancy, it's really cute
~When I Grow Up: sisters and their dates go to a local business-dinner type bar&restaurant dressed in the clothes of their future professions...it's hilarious when people come as professional skateboarders or ice cream tasters and all of the people in the restaurant are like 'What in the world???"
~Point of No Return: no one but risk management, social chair and president know the destination of the date party, everyone gets a clue as a party favors on the bus and then driven somewhere creative and fun, like a comedy club or a beach bar
~we also have date dashes where our social chair will announce either at chapter or in an email that we have twenty-four hours to find a date and we go out to a billiards place, arcade, salsa club, fun places like that
Old 02-28-2004, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Here are some of the themes we have done:
-Snowbunnies and Ski Instructors
-Alpha Chi Arrest (you get handciffed to your date)
-Mobsters and Mistresses
-Schoolgirls and Nerds
-Scrabble (everyone wears a letter and you spell out words for pics)
-My Tie (the guys bring a tie and each girl gets on as they come in, you have to find teh guy whose tie you have)
-In the Line of Duty
-Caddyshack
-Millionaires and Gold Diggers
-Day-glo (everyone paints each other in a room with blacklights, super fun and a big mess)
-Witches Brew (Halloween date function)
-Barbie and Ken
Old 03-02-2004, 10:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi there!
My chapter just did a "find your sister a mister" date party. it was tons of fun and worked out well. you pair two sisters up and the night before the event they find out who they are paired up with. then in the next 24 hours they have to find their sister a date. if a person wants to go but has a boyfriend, her sister can ask the boyfriend in a special or fun way. hope this helps!

"friends by chance, sisters by choice"
Old 06-11-2009, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: I live in Menomonie, Wisconsin but my hometown is St. Paul
These Ideas are awesome! I'm a Tri-Sigma from University of Wisconsin-Stout and last year we did a Murder Mystery Date Party. We dressed in clothing from teh 40's and everyone there got assigned a person, and were given a few clues, then we socialized using their MM name. the lights would turn off twice and each time someone would "die" and we would have to put it together. it was super fun!