GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,031
2 members and 1,029 guests
No Members online

Old 01-05-2010, 03:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Recommedations

I know it's early, but I am starting to prepare for Fall 2010 recruitment at Clemson University. I was curious as to wether there were any Clemson alumni interested in writing a recommendation for me? Thanks!
Old 01-05-2010, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Cclarke - Congratulations on deciding to get an early start on sourcing recommendations. Much better than waiting until the last minute to try to find alumnae willing to write a letter for you.

FYI, it is not a good idea to seek help from strangers via a website to write recommendation letters for you. As a matter of fact, it is quite taboo. The sorority alumna who is writing the recommendation is, in effect, "vouching" for the quality of the potential new member, and you won't likely find someone over the internet who is willing to do so. Additionally, you don't know us, either. You have no idea whether we'll actually follow through, or what we will say in the recommendation.

You do not need recommendations from women who were members at Clemson, only letters from alumnae (any college) of the sororities that are on campus there. Your best bet is to network in your hometown by asking family friends, teachers, fellow church members, etc., to find people who know you well (hopefully) and who can write you a strong recommendation. If you are unsuccessful finding sorority women via your own contacts, try to find out if your hometown or one nearby has an alumnae panhellenic association, because those organizations help potential new members secure recommendations. As a last resort, you can also find local contacts through the national websites of some sororities.

Also, try the search function of this website to find information about recommendations. There are many threads that would be helpful to you.

Good luck with your preparations.
Old 01-05-2010, 04:29 PM
Super Moderator

your recs. do not have to come from clemson alumni-you just have to have a zta rec. for zta, adpi rec for adpi, kkg for kkg-in otherwords an alpha phi cannot write a rec. to a zta chapter. the zta, adpi, kkg alumnae or which ever other sororities are at clemson who writes your rec. can have gone to south carolina, university of miami,u of texas, u of virginia, etc..

please refer to some of the stickies at the top of the recruitment forum for advice on whom to ask and where you might find recommendations.
Old 01-05-2010, 06:04 PM

Whether.
Old 01-05-2010, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Whether.
haha!
Old 01-05-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThetaPrincess24 View Post
haha!
Recommendations.