GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,847
1 members and 1,846 guests
Cookiez17
Closed Thread

Old 08-23-2015, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 5

Pref Night

The princess went to the gym this morning to take her mind off of things. She is certain she is dropping if she doesn’t receive an invite to prefs for Moscato or Merlot. She stresses she isn't a quitter, but she doesn't want to change herself in order to fit in with a group of girls just to be in a sorority. I agree, but I know she wants this more than most anything she has tried in the past. Invitations don’t come today until lunch, so my husband suggests I run over incase things do not go in her favor. I have a good feeling, but she is nervous. On the drive over, I get the text.

I got invited back to Moscato and Merlot. IM SO SO HAPPY!

It is not until this moment I feel I can relax during the whole week. I feel like I just lost 50 pounds. AH! Forget the wine! I need a massage! Probably some botox to level out the permanent frowns I have from frustration with darling princess.

The parent meeting said it was pretty much guaranteed that daughters (all of them) would receive a bid if they made it to pref night and maximized their options, ie listed both 1 and 2 as willing to accept a bid. The princess would most definitely!

I arrive. Clean her dorm room! How is it so messy? She has only been here 5 days, plus she has been participating in this thing I call RUSH which puts her in her dorm room very seldom. Geez. After I clean, I run to the store for meds more inline for her symptoms, and finally help her dress for Pref night. She looks beautiful.

I offer to drive her because it is sprinkling again, but she declines. Everyone else walks, mom. Okay. I get it.

Merlot was first. I got a phone call and couldn't take notes as I was driving. UGH! I recall she was greeted at the door by the senior that made her fall in love with Merlot. She actually spoke about what Merlot meant to her and how when she had cancer everyone was there for her, and she couldn’t imagine getting through the ordeal without her sisters. The princess cried.

Moscato - Very emotional as well, but little details. She could definitely see herself here and really felt like they wanted her to be a part of them.

In the end, she ranked:
1. Merlot

2. Moscato

She was really hoping for Merlot, but would be happy at Moscato as well. I definitely felt we would have a happy ending!
Old 08-23-2015, 06:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Love this story and your details!
Old 08-23-2015, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Go Merlot!!
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 08-23-2015, 11:56 PM
GreekChat Member

BID DAY!

No Call! The Princess was so nervous in addition to being sick and exhausted. I thought the waiting til noon was going to throw her over the edge. She texted her Rho Gamma to see if she had the bids yet. She did. She asked, “am I going to cry?” To which she replied, “maybe.”

Well, you and I know that you will cry either way just from the emotion of it all. The princess? It just about set her over the edge.

Finally they meet, but of course can’t open their bids. This is beginning to seem like cruel and unusual punishment. For me. I was not given patience. They skipped right over me when patience was being handed out; therefore, we know where the princess gets her lack of…….

FINALLY. It’s time……

MERLOT

Otherwise known as

KAPPA DELTA
-- PROUD TO BE A KD LADY!

She enjoyed the day with her new sisters! It was the first house she visited and her favorite until she visited MOSCATO. But once she went back to the Kappa Delta house again, it was her favorite the rest of the time! I have one happy princess!

Mom's note: I did write this each evening or the morning after. I just waited to post until after BID day in case she dropped and wanted to COB. Thanks for reading!
Old 08-24-2015, 12:08 AM
GreekChat Member

CONGRATULATIONS.. to you both!!! You survived!
Old 08-24-2015, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome to the sisterhood!!! Wishing Princess a wonderful and fun new member period.

DaffyKD
Old 08-24-2015, 12:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Hooray! Congrats to your daughter and KD!
Perhaps it'll be a hootshinpaloozaree. I don't know.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Finally, can let out my breath and I hope you are enjoying an adult beverage and a massage and sleep! PS yay for a KD bid!
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 08-24-2015, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations!
Thank you for sharing the excitement with us!

Old 08-24-2015, 09:54 AM
GreekChat Member

What a fun recruitment week you have given us to enjoy ... and without all the work on MY part!

Congratulations to your new KD!!!
Old 08-24-2015, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcoming the Princess to our Kappa Delta sisterhood! I am so happy for her!

At an area alumnae gathering last spring, I happened to meet a woman whose daughter is a collegiate member of this same chapter.

Loved your story - congratulations to you on surviving! Your story brought back memories of the basket case I was during my daughter's recruitment nearly 3 years ago, which also had a happy KD ending.
Old 08-24-2015, 12:08 PM
GreekChat Member

As a long time KD, I say, "Welcome Princess!" to the sisterhood!
Old 08-24-2015, 12:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats to KD and now go DRINK some merlot. What school was this? It seems like she had a good rush experience so I wouldn't think it would be an issue to name the school.
Old 08-24-2015, 01:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you all! The first day of classes is today, and she is excited. She is very upset with herself because she didn't take he ENTIRE wardrobe and doesn't have a thing to wear tonight to her very first chapter meeting. I'm sure she has something that will work for business casual. I did warn her that she will not have as much room in her dorm as home, but take what you want and if it doesn't fit, I can bring it home. Ha! I think she is wanting me to say, go shopping!

Speaking of shopping, I have tried to go to the kappadeltaboutique.com and can't get that to load. Does anyone know if its down or is it just for her when she is logged in? Could be my silly computer, as well.

Happy Monday to all!
Old 08-24-2015, 02:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImJustAMom View Post

Speaking of shopping, I have tried to go to the kappadeltaboutique.com and can't get that to load. Does anyone know if its down or is it just for her when she is logged in? Could be my silly computer, as well.
If the KD Boutique is anything like the Alpha Gam boutique, it doesn't work with Google Chrome. I had to switch to IE to get it to load and I hate IE.

Congrats to Princess!