GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Alpha Iota
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,468
0 members and 1,468 guests
No Members online

Old 06-15-2004, 01:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Statesboro Area Alumnae

I went to the installation of the Statesboro (GA) Alumnae Chapter this weekend, it was so amazing. Two of our national officers were there and the oldest sister inattendence was probably in her 70's and the youngest was 19. I loved it. The ceremoney was beautiful and getting to know all the wonderful alumnae (some from my own chapter) in the area reminded me that SAI isn't just for 4 years it is for life. The love of SAI is forever....and I have a home when I graduate!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-15-2004, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
Re: Statesboro Area Alumnae

Quote:
Originally posted by SAISoutherngirl
I went to the installation of the Statesboro (GA) Alumnae Chapter this weekend, it was so amazing. Two of our national officers were there and the oldest sister inattendence was probably in her 70's and the youngest was 19. I loved it. The ceremoney was beautiful and getting to know all the wonderful alumnae (some from my own chapter) in the area reminded me that SAI isn't just for 4 years it is for life. The love of SAI is forever....and I have a home when I graduate!!!
How wonderful!! Yes, times like that help us remember that SAI is for ever. I know I felt that way when I went to Convention last summer! I'm so glad you'll have an alum chapter to affiliate with when you graduate!
Old 06-22-2004, 07:26 PM
GreekChat Member

A secret that no one ever tells you is that alumnae chapters are even MORE fun than college chapters. Everyone in my alumnae chapter agrees that while college days were great, SAI takes on a whole new meaning as an alumna. I think the biggest thing is that there's so little drama and stress (you know what I mean...every college chapter has it). I've met some great friends through my alumnae chapter. I HIGHLY recommend affilitating with one after graduation!
Old 06-28-2004, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sairose Send a message via Yahoo to sairose
Quote:
Originally posted by RedRoseSAI
A secret that no one ever tells you is that alumnae chapters are even MORE fun than college chapters. Everyone in my alumnae chapter agrees that while college days were great, SAI takes on a whole new meaning as an alumna. I think the biggest thing is that there's so little drama and stress (you know what I mean...every college chapter has it). I've met some great friends through my alumnae chapter. I HIGHLY recommend affilitating with one after graduation!
I have heard the same thing! Honestly, I think a lot of collegiate sisters have the wrong idea about alum chapters...they think it couldn't be nearly as fun. So many, many of them don't affiliate with one after college!

Personally, I cannot imagine not wanting to affiliate! Because I know I will join one.

I think a lot of sisters at the college level don't always see the big picture, and that SAI doesn't stop at graduation.