GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life > Introductions

Introductions New to GreekChat? This is where you can introduce yourself to the GreekChat community.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 1,120
2 members and 1,118 guests
PGD-GRAD, Xidelt

Old 08-02-2018, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

PNM

Hello!! I am a soon to be greek (hopefully) and I'm so excited! Im a sophomore at the University of Georgia.

One question- I have asked all the alum I know personally, went to my city's Panhellenic council, and even asked on reddit for rec letters. I still need a few more. Is it possible to ask on this website? If not, can someone please guide me in the right direction? Thank you in advance!

Last edited by arid246; 08-02-2018 at 09:24 PM. Reason: More info
Old 08-02-2018, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

I wouldn't state it that way because people would think you think you have a sure bid. Maybe a potential member?
Old 08-02-2018, 09:24 PM
GreekChat Member

I added hopefully haha. thank you!
Old 08-02-2018, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator

It would be better to ask people who know you, like your former teachers. It's difficult to recommend someone you don't know.
Old 08-03-2018, 08:35 AM
GreekChat Member

You could also try the sororities' national websites. I was just writing a few for my sorority (Alpha Phi) and there was a link for those who need help finding a rec. I'm not sure how other GLOs work, though. And, you might have to do some digging around the websites. Contacting your city's Panhellenic would also be a tactic. However, I second what others have said that getting the recs from people you know (or at least friends of friends) is better. Do you know sorority women at other campuses? Some GLOs will allow actives to write recs for those not at their own campus, i.e. an ADPi from Ole Miss could write you a rec for UGA.
Old 08-03-2018, 09:51 AM
GreekChat Member

I was helping my twin daughters get recs together last year. There were a few sororitiess that I did not know anyone from (or so I thought). I searched my local city name and alumnae chapter for each sorority on Facebook. So, for example: Atlanta XYZ Alumnae Chapter, for you perhaps. I could see any friends or friends of friends in these chapters. It helped to discover women that I actually did know but was unaware of their affiliation, or women who knew a friend I could ask for an introduction. The women that are active in their Alumnae Chapters are involved and interested and will certainly help.
Old 08-03-2018, 12:14 PM

Doesn’t Georgia rush start in like 2 weeks?
Old 08-03-2018, 12:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Doesn’t Georgia rush start in like 2 weeks?
33girl, it starts next week on Tuesday, August 7th. Bid Day is Monday the 13th.
Old 08-04-2018, 12:10 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck arid246! Let GC know (after recruitment ends ) how everything went. Sending you good vibes.
Old 08-04-2018, 02:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by arid246 View Post
Hello!! I am a soon to be greek (hopefully) and I'm so excited! Im a sophomore at the University of Georgia.

One question- I have asked all the alum I know personally, went to my city's Panhellenic council, and even asked on reddit for rec letters. I still need a few more. Is it possible to ask on this website? If not, can someone please guide me in the right direction? Thank you in advance!
Have you asked the women who wrote your recs if they know of any women in the sororities whose recs you’re missing? Sorority women know sorority women. I’m a DG but if I thought someone was an outstanding PNM I would happily help her get recs from my friends who are Tri Delts, AXO’s, Kappas, KD’s, etc.
Old 08-04-2018, 10:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDG View Post
Have you asked the women who wrote your recs if they know of any women in the sororities whose recs you’re missing? Sorority women know sorority women. I’m a DG but if I thought someone was an outstanding PNM I would happily help her get recs from my friends who are Tri Delts, AXO’s, Kappas, KD’s, etc.
Absolutely! Greek women know other Greek women.