GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24

Old 06-02-2007, 02:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Kid shows you hate to admit you watch..

I separated myself from kid shows not from my generation (Old School Nickelodeon, Original Power Rangers, Ninja Turtles, etc.)

But i have a younger sister who watches a couple of kid shows..and I will say they're real good, here are a couple of mine:

-Suite Life of Zack and Cody (It was very odd for me to see the guy who played T.C. on the Wayans Bros in a polar opposite role)
-That's So Raven (stop laughing it's real funny)
-Spongebob
-Drake and Josh

I'll come up with more later on.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Scooby Doo.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotallyWicked View Post
-Suite Life of Zack and Cody (It was very odd for me to see the guy who played T.C. on the Wayans Bros in a polar opposite role)
-That's So Raven (stop laughing it's real funny)
Ditto. Throw in Hannah Montana, Life with Derek (I hated it when it first came out, but it's decent now), Lizzie McGuire, and Zoey 101.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl
Old 06-02-2007, 07:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
I LOVE Jakers: The Adventures of Piggley Winks and I don't even have kids around! It's just me. http://pbskids.org/jakers/

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

My son watches Blues Clues, and I hate to admit that I will continue watching long after he's crawled away. Then I got hooked on the Backyardigans once too. All the singing, I just couldn't stop watching. So embarrassing!
Old 06-02-2007, 01:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
Ditto. Throw in Hannah Montana, Life with Derek (I hated it when it first came out, but it's decent now), Lizzie McGuire, and Zoey 101.

I love Life wirh Derek. I watch it because the guy that plays Derek, the girl that plays Emily,and the guy that plays the stepdad were all on a show called Strange Days at Blake Holsey High. That show rocked
Old 06-02-2007, 02:01 PM
GreekChat Member

We're stuck on Backyardigans right now with my daughter. Of course we see every Disney movie too. Her favorite has been Shrek 2 and she knows there's a new movie out...she's only 2 1/2!
Old 06-02-2007, 03:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauralaylin View Post
My son watches Blues Clues, and I hate to admit that I will continue watching long after he's crawled away. Then I got hooked on the Backyardigans once too. All the singing, I just couldn't stop watching. So embarrassing!
My son was totally hooked on Blues Clues for a long time and I enjoyed watching it with him at first. After a few years, I couldn't take it anymore. He was hooked on that show longer than any of the others. I do still sing the Blues Clues Birthday Song occasionally. I don't know the dance that goes with it anymore.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
My son was totally hooked on Blues Clues for a long time and I enjoyed watching it with him at first. After a few years, I couldn't take it anymore. He was hooked on that show longer than any of the others. I do still sing the Blues Clues Birthday Song occasionally. I don't know the dance that goes with it anymore.
I'm totally sick of Steve already, but I just have a soft spot in my heart for Joe. He's such a better singer too. I'm sure I'll get sick of the entire show soon enough, I think we have years of it ahead of us!
Old 06-02-2007, 05:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'm totally sick of Steve already, but I just have a soft spot in my heart for Joe. He's such a better singer too. I'm sure I'll get sick of the entire show soon enough, I think we have years of it ahead of us!
I cannot believe that my trashy step-sister-in-law actually told her age 3 through 9 kids that Steve DIDN'T really go to college, he died of a drug overdose. She couldn't even just leave it at "he died", since she felt the need to tell them the truth, she had to add the part about the drug overdose.

/hijack

I used to watch Lizzie McGuire in college. I felt bad, because I had a little crush on the guy who played Gordo - until I found out that he's a year younger than me. Then I didn't feel so bad.
Old 06-02-2007, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
My son was done with it by the time Joe came along, so we only had Steve. My son even insisted on wearing Steve shirts. It bordered on an illness, I swear!
Old 06-02-2007, 06:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to RitaMae1908 Send a message via MSN to RitaMae1908 Send a message via Yahoo to RitaMae1908
That's So Raven (Disney Channel)... cute show but it's time for Raven to move on, and I don't think Walt and them will be bringing back awkward, sidekick Eddie after that "charge" he picked up in H-Town a few month back!!!

~STUPID is FOREVER, IGNORANCE can be FIXED. Furthermore, before GIVING someone a PIECE of your MIND be SURE that you HAVE ENOUGH to SPARE!!~
Old 06-02-2007, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to deadbear80
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
I cannot believe that my trashy step-sister-in-law actually told her age 3 through 9 kids that Steve DIDN'T really go to college, he died of a drug overdose. She couldn't even just leave it at "he died", since she felt the need to tell them the truth, she had to add the part about the drug overdose.
You know that it's urban legend that Steve Burns ("Steve") died of a drug overdose, right? He's alive and well. He's actually a rock singer and does voice over work. I think personally he got sick of doing the show and wanted more out of his career. Another rumor I've heard is that he was going bald and didn't want kids to see it. He appeared on Rosie (back when she had her own show) to prove he was still alive.

I'm sorry your step-sister told her kids that Steve died. That's mean. And if you really want to one-up her--you should tell the woman he's still alive! I think you can look him up on wikipedia if you want to prove it to her.
Old 06-02-2007, 11:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousjeni View Post
I LOVE Jakers: The Adventures of Piggley Winks and I don't even have kids around! It's just me. http://pbskids.org/jakers/

OMG WOW, I'm not the only one!!!

PSimissU
Old 06-03-2007, 12:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Then I got hooked on the Backyardigans once too. All the singing, I just couldn't stop watching. So embarrassing!
I'm too young to have kids, but I babysit a one year old every week, and her favorite show is the Backyardigans. I get those songs stuck in my head days later. And the dancing they do is pretty intricate; they were doing the cha-cha-cha on one episode! Ok, now I'm officially embarrassed

We're the girls who wear the pearls
You can't beat those sexy squirrels!