GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,646
2 members and 1,644 guests
Overthinker, Sister Havana

Old 09-12-2019, 02:11 PM
GreekChat Member

I've learned over my years on GC to wait until the big reveal for their chapter membership.

We have had a number of threads go haywire.

Kinda sad this one turned out to be fiction. I was really waiting to hear where all of her kids ended up. This thread started out so normal......
Old 09-17-2019, 01:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
OK I'll bite on TriDDD. Just my opinion. Exchanged a few PMs with her while she was active here. She dodged a few of my direct questions (we SLPs are good at ferreting out info). Offered to intro her to the local Tri Deltas when she is here in Tucson visiting her daughter (forget what chapter the purported AZ daughter joined, not important to me). Friendly PMs. The AZ Tri Delta chapter is on a suspension (not disciplinary, low membership numbers) and the TriDDD poster expressed interest in making those local connections here and assisting in reestablishing the chapter. That's the gist of it. So, as they say in the "business", "lap dissolve"... and

*crickets*

My conclusion: fantastical story telling. She's a slippery one, too. I have my reasons for saying that. Whatever. Ain't nobody got time for that! She can go story tell elsewhere. Probably is. We see a lot of that here on GC. It's going on currently. Always has, always will.

Don't quite see the DistantXOCousin connection, I'll trust Carnation on that one. And my gosh this Alabama thread took an interesting turn.

But how were her accounts of the chapters so detailed? She must know a tremendous amount of information about each of these campuses.
Lately I've been watching old episodes of the tv show Catfish, and wonder how they keep so many stories and schemes going on. Does this person merely enjoy the attention, or is she a disappointed mom writing the conclusions she wishes her daughter(s) had?

Last edited by Remiechi; 09-17-2019 at 01:28 PM.