GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,944
0 members and 1,944 guests
No Members online

Old 02-21-2002, 02:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Top fraternities on your campus

Since there is a forum already for the top 3 sororities, why not the top 3 fraternities?
I'll start.

Western Kentucky University.
We have 12 fraternities but SAE is suspended for one year right now and Kappa Sigma is just rechartering this semester.
There are only two fraternties that I would say really stick out on campus.
Farmhouse- The have quite a few members, are gentleman, very fun to be around. They are laid back and probably the guys you would love to either marry or have as a brother. They have placed 2nd in Greek Week for forever, only because AGR cheats. Everyone always roots for them to win, though.

Lambda Chi Alpha- These guys are a blast. They have the best parties and are very active on campus. They are not stuck on themselves, but always do a good job at everything they participate in. I love hanging out with them. Lots of hotties, too,

Phi Delt and PIKES would tie for 3rd, but PIKES are too stuck on themselves(yes they are hot, but really, do they have to shove that in everyones face?) and Phi Delt has some internal issues.
Sig Ep is getting better, they have to rebuild after two years of bad leadership, but their new president is doing a good job. Sigma Chi and Sigma Nu along with KA don't really do anything on campus and we never see them. Delta Tau Delta couldn't even participate in rush last year because their entire exec council wasn't even enrolled in school.

Our greek life here needs some spicing up (in case you can't tell!)
Now your turns!

Facebook
Old 02-21-2002, 04:08 PM

I think we've already done this thread somewhere, haven't we?
The above is the opinion of the poster which may or may not be based in known facts and does not necessarily reflect the views of Delta Tau Delta or Greek Chat -- but it might.
Old 02-21-2002, 05:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Ah well..why not

Pi Kappa Alpha
Sigma Chi
Delta Sig

All large, very involved, active chapters with extremely charismatic and gregraious brothers.
Old 02-21-2002, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: Top fraternities on your campus

Quote:
Originally posted by ilovemyglo
Since there is a forum already for the top 3 sororities, why not the top 3 fraternities?
I'll start.

Western Kentucky University.
We have 12 fraternities but SAE is suspended for one year right now and Kappa Sigma is just rechartering this semester.
There are only two fraternties that I would say really stick out on campus.
Farmhouse- The have quite a few members, are gentleman, very fun to be around. They are laid back and probably the guys you would love to either marry or have as a brother. They have placed 2nd in Greek Week for forever, only because AGR cheats. Everyone always roots for them to win, though.

Lambda Chi Alpha- These guys are a blast. They have the best parties and are very active on campus. They are not stuck on themselves, but always do a good job at everything they participate in. I love hanging out with them. Lots of hotties, too,

Phi Delt and PIKES would tie for 3rd, but PIKES are too stuck on themselves(yes they are hot, but really, do they have to shove that in everyones face?) and Phi Delt has some internal issues.
Sig Ep is getting better, they have to rebuild after two years of bad leadership, but their new president is doing a good job. Sigma Chi and Sigma Nu along with KA don't really do anything on campus and we never see them. Delta Tau Delta couldn't even participate in rush last year because their entire exec council wasn't even enrolled in school.

Our greek life here needs some spicing up (in case you can't tell!)
Now your turns!
hey your school has AGR and farmhouse? is it a big Ag school?
Old 02-21-2002, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

no body can do it like theta chi can come on.

Um...too small to have a top three but the only group besides us who did the homecoming thing was sigma chi. And we won.
Old 02-21-2002, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

At our school at least when I was a active member two years ago were probably
1. Sigma Chi
2. Pike (they go by the slogan "love, hated but never ignored) this is probably true every frat hated them and every girl seemed to go through their "pike stage" sig chi and pike are probably tied but I liked the sigs better personally
3. Sig Pi (they were horrible and I mean horrible my first three years of school but came from outta know where and are good now)
There are 11 frats on my campus
Old 02-21-2002, 07:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh and optimist prime the theta chi's were never the greatest on campus but damn they could play some great beer pong and can throw a great party. They are fun to hang out with and are slowly moving up the list, they went from almost last to the middle now so I hear from my sorority sisters.
Old 02-21-2002, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

well we only have 5 but i guess i would have to say sigma chi, phi kappa theta, and lambda chi alpha... theyre all awesome guys! the other two just aren't very visible?
byebye xoxo
Old 02-21-2002, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Peaches-n-Cream
I must say that most of the fraternities had great a campus presence and were fun guys to hang out with. The fraternities that I remember fondly are AETT, Sig Ep, TEP, Pi Lambda Phi, and several locals.
Old 02-21-2002, 07:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Thetagurl
Oh and optimist prime the theta chi's were never the greatest on campus but damn they could play some great beer pong and can throw a great party. They are fun to hang out with and are slowly moving up the list, they went from almost last to the middle now so I hear from my sorority sisters.
wooo! I guess thats how we are here too, cuz we're so young, and don't make our pledges all sleep deprived and paranoid of everything. But word to the beer pong!!!
Old 02-21-2002, 07:58 PM
UMgirl

All the fraternities at U of Mich.- Ann Arbor are equally all good in their own ways. I would say that the ones that stood out the most when i was there were (in no particular order)....

FIJI
Sigma Chi
Beta Theta Pi

These are the ones that always held a spot in like the top 5 thats stood out. Hitting the top 10 would be...

Theta Chi
PIKE
Phi Delt
ADPhi
TKE

For NPHC's... Kappa Alpha Psi and Alpha Phi Alpha
Old 02-21-2002, 08:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to queequek
Re: Re: Top fraternities on your campus

Quote:
Originally posted by josh8o

hey your school has AGR and farmhouse? is it a big Ag school?
We do have AGR and FH as well (Iowa State U).
Old 02-21-2002, 09:03 PM

The top fraternities at Clarion are Crows (Alpha Chi Rho), Sig Eps, and Delta Chi.
Old 02-21-2002, 09:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GeorginaDG63
Smile

here at the University of North Florida we dont have very many fraternities or sororities...but I would have to say that the fraternities we do have are all awesome guys...so I figured I would list all of em!
in no order:
*~*Sigma Chi*~*
*~*Pi Kappa Phi*~*
*~*Lambda Chi Alpha*~*
*~*Kappa Alpha Order*~*
*~*Chi Phi*~*

they are all number one!!!
Old 02-21-2002, 10:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up Tech Fraternities

Well, from what I can tell the Frats that most sororities want to mix with/do homecoming with would be:
1. Fiji
2. Beta
3. Phi Delt
4. Pike/Sigma Chi/ Kappa Sig

But, that is just the most popular among the majority of the girls.
Judging by the type of guy you would want to marry, The best, sweetest, most down to earth, caring guys...no contest... THETA CHI!!!!!
Second would be Farmhouse and Beta.

-Ryan