GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,448
0 members and 1,448 guests
No Members online

Old 08-10-2015, 12:51 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Kentucky recruitment 2015

Recruitment starts in less than 1 week. Just heard as of a few days ago, there were 1460 girls registered!!
Anyone going through at UK this year? Anyone with a relative going through? Didn't see a thread yet for Kentucky!!
And of course..... GO CATS!!!!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-10-2015, 07:17 PM

Those numbers!!! I don't know anyone going through at UK but as always GO BIG BLUE!
Old 08-10-2015, 07:30 PM
GreekChat Member

With those numbers, it's a good thing Alpha Chi Omega will be recolonizing this fall!

GO BIG BLUE!
Old 08-10-2015, 08:49 PM

I have a reference going through. She is a friend of my youngest step-son. Any chapter will be lucky to have her as a member.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

From the Friday, August 14th University of Kentucky News.

Sisters, Songs, Service and Smiles - It's Sorority Recruitment Week at the University of Kentucky
Old 08-14-2015, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

my daughter!!!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo2 View Post
my daughter!!!
Good luck to your daughter! Wherever she goes, she will be in a great organization!
Old 08-14-2015, 06:30 PM
GreekChat Member

thank you!!
Old 08-14-2015, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
thank you!!
Of course! Please come back and let us know where she went. We love to hear happy endings regarding recruitment on GC.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Any updates?

Any updates on how recruitment is going? I know it has been hot down there with lots of girls!

Talked to my DD who is a senior and she said they have had some long nights.

I can't believe this wonderful journey for her is almost over. It feels like just yesterday I was sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear from her as she went through. This has been the best experience for her and she is so happy with her house and sisters and would not trade this past 3 years for anything!

Good luck to those of you who have girls going through. It goes fast!

GO BIG BLUE!
Old 08-19-2015, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMOM14 View Post
Any updates on how recruitment is going? I know it has been hot down there with lots of girls!

Talked to my DD who is a senior and she said they have had some long nights.

I can't believe this wonderful journey for her is almost over. It feels like just yesterday I was sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear from her as she went through. This has been the best experience for her and she is so happy with her house and sisters and would not trade this past 3 years for anything!

Good luck to those of you who have girls going through. It goes fast!

GO BIG BLUE!
I have 3 rec girls going through ... (only really getting updates on one -- the daughter of one of my DZ sisters ) I hope the rain holds off today & everyone has great hair product with all the humidity! It's soupy out there. LOL
Old 08-19-2015, 01:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, I have not heard from my daughter since about 7 this morning. I usually only get a quick text in the morning but I'm use to this by now LOL.

Good luck to your Rec girls!
Old 08-19-2015, 04:54 PM
GreekChat Member

update on my daughter ....kudos to the girls in all of the houses for putting a great rush. my daughter has had a blast, nerve wracking but fun. she is an oos girl who knows absolutely no one at UK. she was welcomed with open arms and made to feel at home and wanted at all the houses. she has been fortunate enough (so far!!!) to have a full schedule everyday and has not been cut by any of her top picks. tomorrow is pref and she had a really hard decision ranking her choices today because of the lovely way she was treated this week. i'm a nervous wreck, y'all keep your fingers crossed, pray that she has at least one invite back tomorrow.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:29 PM
GreekChat Member

my rec girl had significant cuts today, including from both her legacy houses.

what time do they get invites for tomorrow ... or heaven forbid, a call about being released? don't want to bother mom while she's mom-ing.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
update on my daughter ....kudos to the girls in all of the houses for putting a great rush. my daughter has had a blast, nerve wracking but fun. she is an oos girl who knows absolutely no one at UK. she was welcomed with open arms and made to feel at home and wanted at all the houses. she has been fortunate enough (so far!!!) to have a full schedule everyday and has not been cut by any of her top picks. tomorrow is pref and she had a really hard decision ranking her choices today because of the lovely way she was treated this week. i'm a nervous wreck, y'all keep your fingers crossed, pray that she has at least one invite back tomorrow.
Congrats to your daughter. My daughter was OOS with no Greek legacy or any friends either when she went through 3 years ago. So glad to hear it is working out for her so far. Please keep us updated and good luck!