GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 755
0 members and 755 guests
No Members online

Old 08-18-2002, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Rush Stories: Alison

Now that it's Bid Day (yay!) I'll post my experiences. I wrote them as the week went by, though.

Here's the first part. I'll be back later with more.

GREEK FORUM

We met our Rho Gammas today and our groups. My group has a bunch of great girls and my Rho Gamma is really great. So much energy.

ROUND ONE PARTIES/SPIRIT DAY

I got dressed in my favorite dark jeans and a cute purple top. It was hot, hot, hot, but supposedly going to rain – which it did, around lunchtiime.

We met with our Rho Gs and then started learning the first song.

I loved the first house that I went to. I met a great girl named Allyson and had an excellent conversation. I was also introduced to a lot of other great girls too and taken on a house tour (it’s lovely) too.

I liked the second house. It didn’t quite compare to the first, but the girls were nice and really tried to find girls whose interests matched our own. They also had really cute nametags.

The third house was full of really down-to-earth girls, and I liked them too. I definitely want to see them again.

The fourth sorority doesn’t have a house. They’re really new and are waiting for Greek Park 2, but I really liked them a lot. One of the girls was from my hometown, and the others I met were really cool too.

Lunch break.

The fifth sorority was really intimidating. They’re expensive, they have a huge house, and they have really great, put-together looking girls. I think they’re a little too put-together for me, though. I liked the girls that I spoke with, but I’m not sure I’d feel comfortable with them en masse.

The sixth sorority was okay. The girl I spoke with had two PNMs, though, and I think she liked the other girl more than me. She and the other PNM were both cheerleaders in high school. Actually, so was the second sister who came to talk with us, but it wasn’t so much about cheering there. I think they might not invite me back, unfortunately.

The seventh sorority was another favorite of mine. The girls were really energetic, diverse, and sweet. I loved it.

The eighth house was my least favorite. They were really sweet, enthusiastic girls, but all they really talked about was intramurals. Plus, I was getting tired. Anyway, it’s not for me.

The ninth house was another that doesn’t have a house, and they were really big on talking about how we shouldn’t make our choices based on this, which I agree with but the one girl pushed a little much. Some of the girls were really great, though. But there was a weird vibe that made me uncomfortable there. Plus, I was just beat.

Tomorrow, we go back to 7 max. I just hope I get my favorites back. I chose to drop #8 and #9.

The way we do it is we rank all 9 chapters and, if they all invite us back, they drop our last two. If we only get invited to 7 houses, we go to all 7, even if we tried to drop them. We don't know where we're going tomorrow till we arrive and get our schedules.

DAY 2 COMING SOON...
Old 08-18-2002, 04:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Great summary so far. Can't wait to hear the rest of the story. I'm confused about something though. Did you already get your bid or is it just that all the ranking and matching has already taken place and you're just waiting to hear?

Congrats or Good luck either way....
Old 08-18-2002, 04:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like you had a blast!!!! I can't wait to hear how things turned out.
Old 08-18-2002, 05:03 PM
GreekChat Member

yippee! more rush threads! these things are like drugs!
can't wait to hear more!
Old 08-18-2002, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Can you tell us where you are in school?

I hope it all turned out just right for you!

Ivy
Old 08-18-2002, 06:58 PM

Send a message via AIM to EagleChick19
You need to give us more!! Some of us (like me) are addicted to Rush threads!!!
Old 08-18-2002, 09:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to erniegurl00 Send a message via Yahoo to erniegurl00
Aww...don't leave us in suspense! LOL
Old 08-18-2002, 09:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to xo_sue
Great re-cap so far! Ali- you are doing a really good job of putting all the sororities in a nice "light"- thank you! Very classy of you!

Can't wait to hear the next installment!

Sue
Old 08-18-2002, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 2...

ROUND 2 PARTIES/PHILANTRHOPY DAY

(I’m using the numbers from the day before.)

I got dressed in a cute lace-and-jean skirt (you’d have to see it to understand) and a white top. It was raining when I left, but I brought an umbrella.

I got dropped by two, one that I really liked: #1 and #6. I sort of expected it from #6, but I really felt at home at #1, so I was surprised. It didn’t help that all the PNMs that I’d been hanging out with got asked back to both #1 and #6. And of course these were their favorite houses today again. I guess it’s because I’m a little quieter at first, and #1 was a house full of really outgoing girls. Anyway…

First I went back to #3, which I still liked. The girls were really sweet and down-to-earth. I like their philanthropy, and we always talk about something unrelated to the everyday questions. I think I could be a sister here.

Then, I went back to #8, which I liked only slightly better than the day before. They’re just nothing like me, as far as I can tell. Great girls, but a lot of lulls in the conversations.

Then, I went back to #9, which I liked less than before. They’re really nice, but they’re also really, really serious – which is okay, but it makes me feel like I’m at church or something, not at *home.*

Then, I went back to #4. I still like them, but not as much as yesterday. I was with a sister who was nice and a pushy PNM who I *really* don’t like. She kept yelling at me for being too quiet, which I might be, but I’m not SILENT. She was also tacky about some other things and made some really rude comments about me. She kept trying to give me all this advice, even though I was invited to seven parties and she only had four left. GRR.

Then, I went back to #7, which I love even more. Their philanthropy is great, the sisters are great, I really feel comfortable.

Then, I went back to #2, which was better today than yesterday. I really like their philanthropy, and I met three really great girls today.

Then, I went back to #5, which was nice, but I have to keep in mind how expensive they are. They are perfect-looking, but it *is* Rush, so I guess that explains it. Plus, I’m kinda “put together” myself – I never *just* roll out of bed. That’s not me, so I can’t blame them if it’s not them either. I probably wouldn’t join this one, though. I’m thinking, though, that it’s just not my *home.*

I chose to drop #8 and #9 again. We'll see...

(BTW, I HAVE already gotten my bid. And I'm at University of Central Florida.)

I'll post the rest tomorrow...

-Alison
Old 08-18-2002, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Alison,

Thank you for sharing your rush story with us! I can't wait to read the rest tomorrow, and can't believe you are leaving us hanging!
Old 08-19-2002, 10:27 AM
GreekChat Member

AHHHH please......tell....us........already!!!
J/K!
Thanks for the entertainment!
Old 08-19-2002, 11:01 AM

Alison, I can't wait to see what happens next!

Christin
Old 08-19-2002, 11:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Alison! You EVIL child!!! You know I'm joking with you!

Good stuff, and I think it's GREAT the way you lead us on. It's nice to know we have a happy ending though!
Old 08-19-2002, 11:44 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to KDHoney
Holy suspense Batman! I can't wait to hear more about all of this! And I'm trying to guess which groups are which (hehe). You are being very Panhellenic by not attaching names to the groups though I'm holding my breath for the next installment...BTW, telling us what you wore is SO something I would do...I love it!
Old 08-19-2002, 12:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
Ok Alison, I am bored at work and want to see where you ended up! COME BACK!