GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,087
0 members and 2,087 guests
No Members online

Old 07-07-2009, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

i am quite charming in person. i admit that i made a mistake with not being "discrete". i simply had a question because i was strongly interested. never did i say i believed any of the stereotypes. i actually defend greeks when people state these stereotypes. i merely had a question. like i said. i am sorry if anyone was offended and that this pose could be deleted. ur all misreading my messages and assuming i have an attitude. but it's ok. i know who i am and who im capable of being.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-07-2009, 07:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAC1122 View Post
but it's ok.
Yes, it is. We have letters and you don't.

Good luck.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
i am quite charming in person. i admit that i made a mistake with not being "discrete". i simply had a question because i was strongly interested. never did i say i believed any of the stereotypes. i actually defend greeks when people state these stereotypes. i merely had a question. like i said. i am sorry if anyone was offended and that this pose could be deleted. ur all misreading my messages and assuming i have an attitude. but it's ok. i know who i am and who im capable of being.
For some reason, I feel compelled to be nice and help you out. Your chances are completely up to the greeks on your campus. Aside from the NPHC culture overall, there is the campus culture and that varies from campus to campus. On some campuses, members absolutely do not tolerate org hopping (being openly interested in one org and then pursuing another) and on other campuses, members might be a little more forgiving as long as you didn't take any official steps toward membership. The only thing you can do is try to pursue the other org. If you're not selected for membership, don't try and then pursue another org because your first choice didn't accept you (your choice should be in your heart as the ONLY choice), wait and try again after you graduate on the alumnae level. That's all you can do.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:27 PM
Banned

And that's why aspirants will keep coming back to GC and expecting answers even if their posts are really arrogant and dumb.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IlovemyAKA View Post
Honestly, you're not ready for either of these organizations. In all that you wrote, not once did you mention attending any programs outside of an interest meeting. Your interest was sparked by the opinions of others who by the sound of it aren't in either/any organization. Even your change of mind sounds as if it was inspired by an outsider's opinion. "...their founding date was practically given to them." Where did you do your "research"? All of the NPHC sororities have rich histories rooted in sisterhood and service. What exactly is it that you're looking for here? We can't tell you how to rebuild your credibility if it's been lost. I'd recommend searching the threads for questions that have been asked before, and be sure to follow the link that KSUViolet posted.

Soror, you are too nice.
Old 07-07-2009, 07:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
And that's why aspirants will keep coming back to GC and expecting answers even if their posts are really arrogant and dumb.
I know and that's soooo unlike me.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little32 View Post
Soror, you are too nice.
You saw that stereotypes were the focus of her research. I was trying to throw a curveball. Lol.
Old 07-07-2009, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
We have letters and you don't.
I want this as my siggy

Old 07-07-2009, 10:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhoyaltempest View Post
I know and that's soooo unlike me.
Michael Jackson's fault. Everyone's been sooooooo nice today.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Michael Jackson's fault. Everyone's been sooooooo nice today.
Exactly. And she didn't even thank me. That's what I get.
Old 07-07-2009, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I was told that because of my tom-boyish, laid back attitude that i would fit in with Delta Sigma Theta. I was always interested in Alpha Kappa Alpha but i felt like i wouldnt fit in because i wasnt the "prissy" type that i thought all members were.
blank stare....
Old 07-07-2009, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
i've attended programs and events for both sororities. but ok. sorry if i offended anyone. and to Rhoyaltempest. there's no if about it. i WILL be a member of a sorority. u can delete thise post if you find it offensive. have a nice day.
Old 07-08-2009, 03:27 AM
GreekChat Member

When you join a sorority it's a lifetime committment. I suggest you dig a little deeper into yourself and join the sorority that you best fit in with the girls. I think you'll get a better result instead of just joining based on the facts alone.
Old 07-08-2009, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin08 View Post
When you join a sorority it's a lifetime committment. I suggest you dig a little deeper into yourself and join the sorority that you best fit in with the girls. I think you'll get a better result instead of just joining based on the facts alone.
Keep in mind though that not everyone bases their decision on the members on their particular campus since they know that the NPHC advocates and expects active and financial participation for life...literally and are expected to transfer to an alumnae chapter after graduating. So some people will join because they feel they "fit in" with a particular group of members on their campus and others join because they admire an organization's legacy, goals, and mission overall.

Last edited by rhoyaltempest; 07-08-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-08-2009, 04:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Yeah that's true. I just said that because if you don't really like the people you're around it wouldn't make sense to sign on to a lifetime commitment with them. I just hope DAC1122 gets the reults she's looking for :-)