GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Phi Omega
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,549
2 members and 1,547 guests
Xidelt

Old 02-24-2004, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to the_beast Send a message via Yahoo to the_beast
Cool roll call

Name: William Merunka aka the beast
Chapter/School: Theta Alpha, Stevens institute of technology
Pledged: Fall 2003
Offices I've Held: Conference Chair
Why I Joined APO: Like doing community service and this organization is full of service, plus it was an awesome way to meet new people.
Anything Else: Sectionals Fall 2004 is going to rock at Theta Alpha
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-29-2004, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GoldnBlue2004 Send a message via Yahoo to GoldnBlue2004
Greetings,

Name: Dominic Goodman

School: Johnson C. Smith University

Chapter: Delta Phi

Office: Dean of Pledges

Why I joined APO? I joined APO because of the fact that this was a new organization that came onto my campus and I wanted to learn more about it. Fall 2002 was when I attended the original interest meeting along with a few others. Since then, we have all performed service, displayed leadership, and brought amongst us some of the best friendships that you will ever see. Now, on this day, Sunday, February 29, 2004, we are officially rechartered as the Delta Phi Chp. of Alpha Phi Omega National Service Fraternity, incorporated.
FL 06

A Phi A...there is no other way.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Hyper2 Send a message via Yahoo to Hyper2
Hey All,
Its time for me to post on this one, and be seen!!

Name: Sequoyah (#2 Hyper)

School: Johnson C. Smith University- Delta Phi Chapter

Petitioned: Fall 02-Spr 04 "Yeah it took 2 years"

Offices held: Service VP, Assistant to Dean of Pledges, Alumni Coordinator

Why I Joined APO: I was so curious about a Fraternity that had women in it, and I went to the interest meeting that was held on campus. Once I learned of the rich background that the Delta Phi Chapter had and what the organization was about, I was like "I'm down, lets get this thang started!"

Anything else: I just want to say "thank you" to all the chapters that were there for JCSU's Petitioning group through this long process, as well as those (you know who you are) that kept many of us grounded and informed about the Brotherhood!
Old 03-01-2004, 11:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Pledge Name: Astute
School: New York University

Chapter: Beta Iota (#2 Spring '01)

Currently part of the NYC Metropolitan Alumni Association

Offices held: Pledgetrainer and Vice President of Membership

Why I joined APO? I wanted to join an organization that didn't just talk about service but actually did it. I loved the diversity of APO and the enthusiasm that everyone had about Beta Iota and the organization as a whole.

Anything else: I LOVE Beta Iota!
Old 03-18-2004, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to 21questions Send a message via Yahoo to 21questions
Name: Kelly Bazemore

School: Johnson C. Smith University- Delta Phi Chapter

Petitioned: Started in Fall 2002, Finished Spring 2003

Offices held: Officially? VP of Fellowship, Dean of Pledges, President. Officially Ive held down just about everything except the sevice position.

Why I Joined APO: Well originally I was intrigued by the idea of getting community service hours but then as I learned more... I couldnt think of the better position: getting community service hours, helping people because you want to, and having a connection with so many wonderful people .
Old 03-22-2004, 01:14 AM
GreekChat Member

Name: Veronica

Chapter/School: Zeta Phi, Howard University

Pledged: Fall 2003

Offices I've Held: VP of Fellowship

Why I Joined APO: Three words: Leadership, Friendship, and Service. I found Alpha Phi Omega to be a unique organizations made up of a diverse group of people who were cool, down-to-earth, approachable, all that good stuff... and I liked it. I haven't met a brother I didn't like.

Anything Else: Can I add that I'm a member of an exceptionally cute chapter?
Old 03-23-2004, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to VertigoUZ Send a message via Yahoo to VertigoUZ
Cool Present

Name: Brandon

Chapter/School: Kappa Upsilon at East Carolina University (Greenville, NC)

Pledged: Spring 2001

Offices held: President, VP Membership, Scouting, Interchapter Representative, who remembers...

Why I pledged: Was looking for a way to give something back to the community I lived in, and build my character through others like myself.

Anything else: I am the little of the moderator of this site, none other than Gerald Logan himself!!! Pirates Rule Brother(s).
Old 03-25-2004, 08:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: I'm international right now!! You know how we do :)
I love my Blue n' Gold!!!

Name: Wouldn't you like to know???

Chapter/School: Lambda Nu Chapter at Duke University

Pledged: Spring 2003

Offices held: Social Chair

Why I pledged: I love the closeness of the members of my campus. I also wanted to be a part of actually DOING community service, not just talking about it.

Anything else: I am so glad that I pledged. I agree with Senuet though, we need make major changes in our org. But I'd rather discuss that in a closed forum, cause that's OUR buisness, not the public's.
Old 03-29-2004, 01:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Pledge Name: Quiet Storm

Chapter/School: Tau Mu, University of South Florida

Pledged/Petitioned: Spring 2003

Office Held: Service VP

Why I pledged:
My life's passion is to be of service to my community. I was recommended/personally invited (based on my volunteer background) to attend the first meeting for the extension effort to recharter Tau Mu at the Unversity of South Florida. Upon attending the meeting and learning the history I was immediately drawn to what the organization stood for. There was no turning back from that day forth...

Anything else:
On Saturday, March 27, 2004, Tau Mu Chapter at the University of South Florida was restored as an active chapter of Alpha Phi Omega. I am proud to be a Brother in such a wonderful organization. I want to send much love out to "Bigdaddy", "the God-Father", and "Angel". I also want to send much love out to my favorite neo who is my siSTAR and now my Brother "BlackSTAR".

Last edited by Secretluv; 03-29-2004 at 01:32 AM.
Old 04-01-2004, 01:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Name: ???
Chapter/School: Beta Iota @ New York University
Pledged: Spring 04
Offices I've Held: let's see what happens next semester
Why I Joined APO: I've always wanted to be involved with an organization active in community service
Anything Else: I know my APO experience will be one that I will always remember
Old 04-03-2004, 08:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Renegade02
Name: Kimberly Rochelle McLaurin
Pledged: Fall 2002
Chapter/School: Phi Kappa/UNC-Greensboro

Offices Held: Pledgemaster, VP of Service

Why I joined APO?: I joined Alpha Phi Omega because of my old co-workers. They came to work with a shirt on and told me more about the organization. At that time, I wasn't interested in anything on campus, so I thought that this would be a good way to stick my foot in the door. I am so glad that I did, and now I can't see myself not doing it!

Anything Else?: I must say, that since joining Alpha Phi Omega here at the University of North Carolina at Greensboro my eyes have been open to many different things. I have had the chance of bring in 20 new Brothers and also the chance of defending my organization to other Greek organizations. No, APO may not be considered "Greek" but to those who put in the time, money, and dedication, it is nothing less than that. When you stand for Leadership, Friend and Service, you stand for Greek Life. That is the motto of most greek organizations and we, as in APO do the exact same thing. So please, I never never ever want anyone to step to me about wearing a raised letter APO shirt. I pay my dues, and do my work!
"sorry, i guess i needed to vent right quick"
Old 04-07-2004, 11:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Maurice
Chapter/School: "Psychotic" Psi Phi, Tennessee State University
Pledged: April 16, 1999
Offices I've Held: Treasurer, Historian
Why I Joined APO: Really, I didnt know about it. Bros. Strawter, Johnson and Erskine Ford had a interest meeting to present APO to the campus. I liked what I heard and wanted to be in the efforts of helping to re-active the Psi Phi chapter.
Anything Else:Once I joined, felt the love and the bond of my fellow members, I was here to stay. The many service projects, step shows, fellowships, parties, ... they all made me realize how great my fraternity was and I knew I was here to stay.
Old 04-13-2004, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Name: Michael Brown
Chapter/School: Alpha Delta Tau- Nova Southeastern University
Pledged: Fall 1998
Offices held: (in chapter)- Sergeant at Arms, Pledgemaster for several semesters until I left school and became a chapter advisor.
Why joined: Long knew about APO thru Scouting. Prior schools never had a chapter (never thought about trying to start one). When I went to NSU for graduate studies, I pledged.
Anything else: as well as being my chapter's Scouting Advisor, am involved at the Sectional, Regional, and National levels. Been to most Section Conferences since I joined, as well as Regionals & Nationals.
Section 71 Chair
Old 04-16-2004, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to tb201
The Word

Name: Tomas
Chapter/School: Theta Chi, The George Washington Unversity Pledged: March 31, 2004 (fresh brotha)
Offices I've Held: None Yet
Why I Joined APO: Mimi put me on to it-- and after I read what it was about, I put myself on the line and made it happen. I do my neighborhood proper and have a special spot in my heart for helping the kids-- now I'm doing it in the name of Alpha Phi Omega.
Anything Else: Now that I'm active, I serve with my chapter, and even keep doing outside service by my own. I felt the 'hood' and connection with my brothas but it was all the 'Broas' at Zeta Phi that set it off.

WASSUP MY BROTHAS! Hit up a new bro. when you get a minute.
Old 04-21-2004, 01:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to CodeRed1925
Name: Lerea
Chapter: Alpha Epsilon/Louisiana State University
Pledged: Fall '02 AKA "Dat Dacy"
Offices I've Held: Fellowship Chair and newly elected Membership Vice Pres
Why I Joined APO: Many of my friends were already in the org, and I was invited to come to sectionals that was held here in Baton Rouge in Spring '02. I met great people and made the decision to pledge the following semester.
Anything else: Ever since I crossed, there has been DRAMA of tremendous proportions in my chapter. If you want to know, just ask... Nevertheless, I'm still here representing my pledge class, my brothers, my chapter, and my friends.
"We can be changed by what happens, but we refuse to be reduced by it".