GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Fraternity Recruitment

Fraternity Recruitment Recruitment event ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,039
2 members and 1,037 guests
FSUZeta, LaneSig

Old 09-02-2017, 09:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Vanderbilt Recruitment

Anyone have knowledge of Vanderbilt's fraternities? They defer recruitment until spring, but start the freshman off with an open house kind of deal tomorrow from 11-4. Then it looks like there are two additional "check points" through the semster. That I am not familiar with what that entails. Just wanting to gather some information
Old 09-03-2017, 03:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't have specific knowledge of Vanderbilt, but my daughter's school had deferred recruitment and similar open houses/events periodically in the fall. It's important to go, be friendly, and get on the groups' radar.
Old 09-03-2017, 06:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Red face Vanderbilt recruitment

The Fall open houses are for the MEN's Fraternities - if you want to join one at Vandy, then you NEED to be going to EVERY event scheduled.

Men's recruitment is VERY different than the women's - - I'll leave that to one of the men on this forum to explain.

If you asked about this for Women's Fraternity - - the recruitment schedule for women begins in JANUARY.

Until then - - GET YOUR RECs IN!!!

And "Keep it Classy!" as the upperclasswomen are watching. First term grades are used to determine who is eligible for membership, so STUDY, STUDY, STUDY.

While Vandy is not a typical SEC school, their rush can be just as brutal. Since this "highly competitive" school eliminates many grade risks, and most everyone there has accomplishments up to their armpits, it really is "who knows you" that keeps you on top of the return lists.

Any PNM at Vandy should be grateful for ANY bids, all of the chapters there are stellar.
Old 09-03-2017, 08:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Vandy

Thank you! He went to the IFC open house event today and got a good feel for the houses. He said that there will be a variety of events throughout the rest of the semester to attend before formal recruitment the first week of spring semester. i appreciate all of your feedback!!