GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,490
0 members and 2,490 guests
No Members online

Old 02-26-2011, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Blessings on you and Baby Andy - continued healing and may God grant you peace in this exciting but I am sure difficult time.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-26-2011, 09:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaggedyAnn View Post
Without going into too many details, I have a Baby Andy. He, and/or I were in the hospital 13 out of the first 17 days of his life. Thankfully it has been a few days that we've been home, but we could use some prayers for continued recovery.
Certainly!
Old 02-27-2011, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Without going into too many details, I have a Baby Andy. He, and/or I were in the hospital 13 out of the first 17 days of his life. Thankfully it has been a few days that we've been home, but we could use some prayers for continued recovery.
Congratulations on having Baby Andy! Prayers that you will both be healthy real soon!
Old 02-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Banned

*positive energy transfer!!!
Old 02-27-2011, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
May the rough start soon be just a distant memory. You are both in my prayers.
Old 02-27-2011, 05:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Congrats on Baby Andy! Good thoughts are coming your way!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 02-27-2011, 10:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Good thoughts on your way.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Congratulations, and I pray things continue to get better.

The guy I share my cube with needs some major prayers. I don't know him well, because we only share the cube once every month or two. But on Friday, his dad died, and his daughter lost her baby during delivery. I can't imagine having to weather two blows like that in one day. Their family needs lots of positive thoughts.
Old 03-02-2011, 11:08 AM
GreekChat Member

My stepdad is doing alright. Cancer spread to one of the lymph nodes so he's going to go through chemo and radiation. Not the chemo where he'll lose his hair though.
Thanks for all your prayers.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PhoenixAzul
I could really use some prayers for tomorrow.

A few people on here know that I broke my hip/pelvic joint in 2009. I recovered, and up until last week, haven't had any issues. Last week, something was just "off". I had some pain, and that struck the fear of God into my heart, so I've not been running. Today I had an appointment at the health center (with a wonderful doc, by the way), and she took an xray, and thankfully didn't see a stress fracture or any kind of fracture. But, based on my history, and the fact that the type of fracture I had before (acetabular) is kind of hard to see on a regular xray, I'm having an MRI done tomorrow.

I can't tell you how scared and upset I am about the possibility of it being broken again, not only because of the injury, but because I have no family out here to take care of me if I need time off. It will also impact my ability to do my job. And it would likely mean a lifetime ban on running, which I can't imagine. Running is just about the only thing that has gotten me through the rough points in my life, and to lose that....I don't know what I'd do.

So if you can spare some thoughts, I'd really appreciate it.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Buttonz Send a message via MSN to Buttonz Send a message via Yahoo to Buttonz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhoenixAzul View Post
I could really use some prayers for tomorrow.

A few people on here know that I broke my hip/pelvic joint in 2009. I recovered, and up until last week, haven't had any issues. Last week, something was just "off". I had some pain, and that struck the fear of God into my heart, so I've not been running. Today I had an appointment at the health center (with a wonderful doc, by the way), and she took an xray, and thankfully didn't see a stress fracture or any kind of fracture. But, based on my history, and the fact that the type of fracture I had before (acetabular) is kind of hard to see on a regular xray, I'm having an MRI done tomorrow.

I can't tell you how scared and upset I am about the possibility of it being broken again, not only because of the injury, but because I have no family out here to take care of me if I need time off. It will also impact my ability to do my job. And it would likely mean a lifetime ban on running, which I can't imagine. Running is just about the only thing that has gotten me through the rough points in my life, and to lose that....I don't know what I'd do.

So if you can spare some thoughts, I'd really appreciate it.
Good thoughts being sent!

I know what you mean about not being able to bear the thought of the injury all over again. I had back surgery in 2006 and have been totally fine up until a car accident in Jan. Friday I was unable to move or bend or anything, I was doubling up on pain killers with it giving me no help. I saw my doctor today and we decided to go the injection route but I'm so afraid it is going to mean more surgery for me.

Hopefully both of us will wind up hearing good things!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 03-14-2011, 09:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Thinking good things for both of you, PA and Buttonz!
Old 03-14-2011, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
Thinking good things for both of you, PA and Buttonz!
Thanks!

Patriae Multae Spes Una
Old 03-15-2011, 01:40 AM
GreekChat Member

I would be really grateful for a prayer/good thought/whatever you've got. My uncle passed away today. He committed suicide actually, (God, that's a weird thing to write). I am still sort of in shock, but it's...devastating. My cousin passed away in an accident about 3 weeks ago, so the totality is really taking its toll on my family. Any good thoughts you can spare would be much appreciated.
Old 03-15-2011, 02:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Positive thoughts to all going through rough spots these past few days. I've said my prayers for you all.

I feel at though this seems to be a tough time for everyone.

Prayers for my cousin, please, who is the kindest guy you will meet, who hit a pedestrian who walked in front of his work vehicle. This person did not make it.
Needless to say, prayers for this persons family, and prayers to help my cousin make it through. He is fighting a very tough emotional battle and feels as though he does not deserve to live because of this accident. He is an admirable person in a very unfortunate situation.
Thank you for any kind thoughts.