GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,042
3 members and 1,039 guests
Low D Flat, naraht, sabellashulzez9

Old 02-21-2012, 05:15 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by christiangirl View Post
No one is singling you out--when others have done this, I've made the same comments to them but you weren't here for those times.
What I'm saying is that's what folks do. You post something whether it's detailed or not, if somebody has an opinion about that post, they're free to respond. Don't act all innocent as if you don't do the shit, either.

Quote:
Fine. Don't get mad when someone comes back and tells you your response is way off-base because you were missing info and purposely refused to clarify.
Get mad? WTF? LOL folks can post whatever the hell they want to post, provided that it's not in any kind of violation to the rules here. If folks disagree with what I've posted, cool, we can debate about it. I don't have a problem with that. If they talk shit in the process, I will also talk shit in the process. Pretty simple concept, to me.

Quote:
You have no idea how many users I do and don't chat with or why. Ha, as if randomly cussing someone out and personally insulting them is better. Like I said, I don't ignore you because I'm mad at you. I ignore you because there has yet to be a conversation we see eye-to-eye on that doesn't also make you explode irrationally. When you stop that foolishness, you're likable and funny but the whole landmine vibe cancels that out for me.
LOL, that's cool, but I also don't give a shit how many users you fuck with and don't. You've randomly insulted folks too, so don't come on here acting like you haven't, so add yourself in the mix. LOL, christiangirl, like I said, I don't give a shit if you're mad at me, ignore me, or whatever, or for whatever reason. What I am saying is that if you choose not to chat with me, based on whatever reason, cool, but don't talk shit about me (being passive aggressive about it). If you are not going to say whatever your thoughts are about me, TO me, then don't say it at all. Either way, you WILL get a reply, so it's best you say it TO me. I've seen you pull that passive aggressive shit on here before to other folks, and if you want to do that, cool, but it isn't going fly with me, though.

Quote:
EXACTLY. I think it's better to not respond to a touchy topic unless I can be level-headed enough to not rip off someone's cyber-head when I get a response. I don't pretend it never happens but I make an honest effort and follow through the vast majority of the time. That is the difference between us.
Right, because I'm going to respond to a "touchy" topic, or one that doesn't affect me one way or the other. So, we have our differences, nothing wrong with that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I’ll read a Harry Potter book if you do.
LOL! I'm holding you to this one. I feel you with the rest of your post. It was on point, and thank you for the kind remarks.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-22-2012, 06:38 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
*crickets* I don't like how silent my phone and email inbox are. One would think that someone could respond to a text that said "Having a good weekend?" at some point, right? Particularly after a date that went so well.
Still *crickets*.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
*crickets* I don't like how silent my phone and email inbox are. One would think that someone could respond to a text that said "Having a good weekend?" at some point, right? Particularly after a date that went so well.
Quote:
Still *crickets*.
Damn, you're sweatin dude like that? LOL it was just one date, unless there have been more dates with dude that you haven't posted about. He might be kickin it with another female friend. You don't know any other dudes you can kick it with in the meantime?
Old 02-22-2012, 02:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What an absolutely wonderful evening. Two and a half hours of wonderful conversation about everything from school to work to kids to a very deep philosophical discussion about relationships. A couple beers, a little food and some amazing kisses. Geekboy may have redeemed himself. At the end of the date he said "Maybe next week?" and I said "So we're talking April?", because the last time he said "Maybe next week?" was in December. We both laughed. He said he wasn't going to let it go that long again. I did tell him that his name in my phone is Dodger and he shook his head and laughed. I asked later if that bothered him and he laughed and said no, it could be much worse.

Very, very, very good date. I wasn't really expecting that.
Quote:
He just really surprised me in many ways... he is very insightful, very thoughtful, very observant. The conversations were great. He also seemed better looking than he was last time. He has the most incredible blue eyes. Oh dear.
Assuming he had anything approaching the nice time you did (from these posts), his post-date behavior is a little baffling. Even a quick, "hi, sat night was fun. let's do it again soon" response. something.

you didn't thieve his wallet or anything, did you?
~ Luke 19:10
Old 02-22-2012, 08:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I go from no one talking to me, to my phone blowing up.

Old 02-22-2012, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cen1aur 1963 View Post
Damn, you're sweatin dude like that? LOL it was just one date, unless there have been more dates with dude that you haven't posted about. He might be kickin it with another female friend. You don't know any other dudes you can kick it with in the meantime?
Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyB06 View Post
Assuming he had anything approaching the nice time you did (from these posts), his post-date behavior is a little baffling. Even a quick, "hi, sat night was fun. let's do it again soon" response. something.

you didn't thieve his wallet or anything, did you?
It was our second date, not our first, with frequent communication prior over the last couple months. So, it was odd to not hear from him. He did end the date saying "I hope we can do this again next week." And I told him I'd pencil him in for April, because the last time he said that, it was two months. We both laughed and he said "No, it will definitely not be that long again. I'm really sorry about that." And trust me, he seemed VERY into the date.

I happened across an article today (not looking for it) titled "4 reasons why he hasn't called you after a great date". The first one was "He is focused on being the productive man." That item talked about how focused men can be on their careers, school, etc. One, of course, was that he just wasn't really that into you. One was that he was feeling more than expected and wanted to keep it moving slowly so he was deliberately keeping it slow. I don't remember the fourth.. it didn't seem to apply.

Anyway, I chewed on that. I thought "He really was into me during that date." We seemed to connect on several levels and had some really thoughtful conversations.. philosophical conversations... like about what we really want, what we're looking for, even what we know our pitfalls tend to be and openly talked about them. It was really refreshing to talk to someone who was so in tune with himself.

He did say that one mistake he's made since his divorce is moving way too fast and developing "instant relationships" that crash and burn because they weren't built on a strong foundation. I told him I had made those mistakes at times myself and wanted to move forward slowly. I don't know, we were just on the same page on so many things.. even how liberating it is to be single sometimes. We talked about... so very many things. And there was chemistry, there was definitely chemistry.

So I was chewing over that article, and I was thinking about (warning, stereotypes here) something a dear friend of mine and I have discussed about one of the differences between men and women. It's the spaghetti versus waffle mentality. Women's brains/thoughts tend to be like spaghetti (cooked spaghetti!), all intermingled and happening at once. But men's brains and thoughts tend to be more like waffles. They focus on one square at a time. That pretty much fit with the article saying that if a man was focused heavily on his "purpose" of productivity, he could get so focused that everything else falls by the way side.

So I sent a text. It said "*crickets* Busy week? Or was it something I said?"

He replied very quickly "Crazy busy, definitely not about about you"

So replied "Gotcha Just had to verify. Carry on!"

And I feel much better. SO I really should just ask the question instead of analyzing and over analyzing like I do. I DO want us to take our time in developing this. And I DO recognize that we're both super busy with grad school, work and raising kids.

I come from this generation of "always wait for the man to contact you" and that's difficult sometimes. So, I'm going to do what I want. Plain and simple.
Old 02-23-2012, 12:35 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAntoftheSkyX View Post

Old 02-23-2012, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
You've randomly insulted folks too, so don't come on here acting like you haven't, so add yourself in the mix.
I would dare you to give me an example but I'll leave it alone before you mess around and find one.

As for the rest of what you said:

Quote:
I somehow think passive aggression is worse than randomly cussing people out so I'm going to tell you how you should post while I keep posting the way I do no matter how many people have a problem with it.
Uh huh. Right. Haha as long as you understand how hypocritical this foolishness is then fine. I can abide by your preferences and leave you out of my comments if you want. You might not like indirect comments but I don't like when you're just an arse for no good reason. Remember that when you talk to me and we can be cool. We won't be catching Quidditch matches together but I can stop poking at you.

Good lord, you remind me so much of a black Xanthus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XAntoftheSkyX View Post
ETA: Right?! Same thing over here. To have had such a dry spell after The Chessman, I'm on a roll. Date with a new guy on Friday.

"My dreams have become letters." ~christiangirl

Last edited by christiangirl; 02-23-2012 at 12:44 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
That's implying it gets to that point lol.

"We know I cant construct a poem. 'Cause words like girls get bored and run.
C'est la vie" -The Format
Old 02-23-2012, 01:09 AM
GreekChat Member

I think this is the first actual 'crush' I've had in years. I forgot how much fun this is. I think I will enjoy this while it lasts.
Old 02-23-2012, 05:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

I thought he was that guy when he first came on here.
Old 02-23-2012, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
...So I was chewing over that article, and I was thinking about (warning, stereotypes here) something a dear friend of mine and I have discussed about one of the differences between men and women. It's the spaghetti versus waffle mentality. Women's brains/thoughts tend to be like spaghetti (cooked spaghetti!), all intermingled and happening at once. But men's brains and thoughts tend to be more like waffles. They focus on one square at a time. That pretty much fit with the article saying that if a man was focused heavily on his "purpose" of productivity, he could get so focused that everything else falls by the way side.

So I sent a text. It said "*crickets* Busy week? Or was it something I said?"

He replied very quickly "Crazy busy, definitely not about about you"

So replied "Gotcha Just had to verify. Carry on!"

And I feel much better. SO I really should just ask the question instead of analyzing and over analyzing like I do. I DO want us to take our time in developing this. And I DO recognize that we're both super busy with grad school, work and raising kids.

I come from this generation of "always wait for the man to contact you" and that's difficult sometimes. So, I'm going to do what I want. Plain and simple.
I tend to avoid the "here's what all men think" articles. They tend to be overly broad which allows them to claim a sliver of accuracy.

I chuckled at the "spaghetti/waffle" analogy. I understand it but don't really buy the notion that professional/reasonably complex men are too busy or driven to multitask, particulary if an interesting social realationship is involved. (especially if this guy is in the 40+ club?)

Just a hunch, but I'd bet dollars to donuts that if this guy had an inkling others were interested in/dating you, he'd organize his "waffle squares" and act w/ a little more alacrity.

Continue to enjoy yourself, take your time with this guy, and be careful.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 02-23-2012, 10:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to iotamason Send a message via MSN to iotamason Send a message via Yahoo to iotamason
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin03 View Post
This is a lot of nonsense, LOL.
unfortunately it is not in today's time. It appears that there are many men that feel that raising and taking care of a child is the woman's responsibility and that they don't have to contribute. I know of a guy I use to work with years ago who had a daughter by a woman. He was trying to do right by both the mother and the daughter.... Then he married another woman who had twins from a previous marriage... He does not even go see his biological or contact anymore and just focuses on the twins. Like frat said.. unless the court step in, some men will see the child as being the woman's responsibility.

Last edited by iotamason; 02-23-2012 at 10:19 AM. Reason: had to put example
Old 02-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
I'm going to do what I want. Plain and simple.
Not to cut out the rest of your post. I read it and I feel you. Just don't put all your eggs in one basket. Like you said, let dude sweat you.

Quote:
Haha as long as you understand how hypocritical this foolishness is then fine. I can abide by your preferences and leave you out of my comments if you want. You might not like indirect comments but I don't like when you're just an arse for no good reason.
LOL @ this shit. I'm a hypocrite and being an ass? Girl please, you and your bitch ass clique friends practice that shit on here daily, and are being asses daily to folks "for no good reason". Y'all tried that shit with me too, but it didn't fly, I don't play dat.

Quote:
Who is dude? Is he frat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by iotamason View Post
unfortunately it is not in today's time. It appears that there are many men that feel that raising and taking care of a child is the woman's responsibility and that they don't have to contribute. I know of a guy I use to work with years ago who had a daughter by a woman. He was trying to do right by both the mother and the daughter.... Then he married another woman who had twins from a previous marriage... He does not even go see his biological or contact anymore and just focuses on the twins. Like frat said.. unless the court step in, some men will see the child as being the woman's responsibility.
Be careful frat, she might get all "crumply" on you.
Old 02-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_shadow View Post
LOL