GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Beta Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,480
5 members and 2,475 guests
Cookiez17, oncegreek

Old 12-29-2008, 03:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation blulady

I really was not going to comment, but somehow, it popped back up in a google search.

Dear Bruhs and Sorors,

It seems to me that we indeed have cousins, and they [indeed] should be recognized.

I hope all whom speak on the matter are all whom have pledged...
And as the pledged, all should be open minded (not ignorant) in the subject matter, and careful about what and how things are said...

Bro. Madrigal, member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. has begun a new breed to the family. As he is our brother, his sons are automatically family--our cousins. (To be politically correct, our nephews; but, by the laws of nature, our cousins, nonetheless.)

They are not Frat or Sorors, and no one is asking you to call them that, but you should embrace the ties they have with us. Some of you sound as if you're scared (lol). I know you know better than to be afraid
But, if you are concerned with how they would represent the royal family, then that shows a lack of knowledge; you should do your research, so that you are not uncomfortable *not knowing* how they conduct business and themselves, INSTEAD OF RANTING.

On our yard, there are not any latino organizations, and I believe their sister organization Sigma Lambda Gamma are in a neighboring school, but I still recognize that there is a connection.

This, however, is not the place to be discussing it. I believe that all of you should know better, and
Sister "blu lady" please be mindful of your tone and how you portay the blu and white family.

Discretion and unity in the eyes of the public, please and thanks. Remember that your purpose is to lead by example.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-01-2009, 02:09 PM
GreekChat Member

well said, MAB

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallacy View Post
I really was not going to comment, but somehow, it popped back up in a google search.

Dear Bruhs and Sorors,

It seems to me that we indeed have cousins, and they [indeed] should be recognized.

I hope all whom speak on the matter are all whom have pledged...
And as the pledged, all should be open minded (not ignorant) in the subject matter, and careful about what and how things are said...

Bro. Madrigal, member of Phi Beta Sigma Fraternity, Inc. has begun a new breed to the family. As he is our brother, his sons are automatically family--our cousins. (To be politically correct, our nephews; but, by the laws of nature, our cousins, nonetheless.)

They are not Frat or Sorors, and no one is asking you to call them that, but you should embrace the ties they have with us. Some of you sound as if you're scared (lol). I know you know better than to be afraid
But, if you are concerned with how they would represent the royal family, then that shows a lack of knowledge; you should do your research, so that you are not uncomfortable *not knowing* how they conduct business and themselves, INSTEAD OF RANTING.

On our yard, there are not any latino organizations, and I believe their sister organization Sigma Lambda Gamma are in a neighboring school, but I still recognize that there is a connection.

This, however, is not the place to be discussing it. I believe that all of you should know better, and
Sister "blu lady" please be mindful of your tone and how you portay the blu and white family.

Discretion and unity in the eyes of the public, please and thanks. Remember that your purpose is to lead by example.
Old 11-26-2009, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

As a sister of sigma lambda gamma, i would like to say that to each his or her own. Our organization stands as an independent entity, and whether our relationship to another org exist or not, in the end, we have made a life long commitment to the organization that we pledged, whether it to be a sigma, zeta, gamma, or beta. unlike PBS and ZPB we are not constitutionally bound in any way, to SLB, but out of respect for mary peterson, we consider them our unofficial brothers....and the leadership ideals that are presented in ZPB and PBS, they may or may not be our "family"
Personally, it does not matter whether this relationship exist nation wide, etc. As a gamma, i did not become interested in this organization based on the coat tails of any other organization, but for the principles that SLG enforces.
As a member of a greek letter organization, i have respect for the life choices that others have made, but my own was made for a reason.
Old 11-19-2010, 02:27 PM
GreekChat Member

I love being a Zeta and I also love my brothers. I respect all orgs, but the only issue I have is that I have seen many frat grip Betas many times....now THAT irritates me. No matter who founded the org, they are seperate entities and should not be gripping each other, as Betas should not know the grip.......at least that is how I see it....what do you think the Founders would have to say about this????
Old 12-08-2010, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to BlueMatrix5
Quote:
Originally Posted by brwn skn 79 View Post
I love being a Zeta and I also love my brothers. I respect all orgs, but the only issue I have is that I have seen many frat grip Betas many times....now THAT irritates me. No matter who founded the org, they are seperate entities and should not be gripping each other, as Betas should not know the grip.......at least that is how I see it....what do you think the Founders would have to say about this????
From what I am told the grip that Sigmas use with the cuzzos is different from anything we actually use....i never learned it myself but im sure i could as i met several people from those latino orgs telling me they are my cousins. I'm proud of my frat brother for creating such a progressive and uplifting organization and if they want to honor their origins by supporting us and vice versa I for one am all for it.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brwn skn 79 View Post
LOL @ You for thinking they were doing the Sigma grip.