GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 889
1 members and 888 guests
No Members online
Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by UF_PikePC98
I don't see why my thread got deleted.....

I'm not at all racist. However, that doesn't change the fact that if i ever were to date a black chick she'd have to act white if she wanted to meet my parents.
You honestly fail to see the racist tone in that and some of the things you said in your other post? Let me break it down for you so you might be able to get a clue as to why your post was deleted. WTF is "acting" white? If I speak proper english, wear GAP and Abercrombie, and decide not to wear braids or cornrows...does that make me "white?" My problem is that people automatically equate things of this nature with "acting White" and associate ignorance, gold teeth, ebonics, weaves, etc. with "acting Black." Being Black has nothing to do with speech, hair, or dress. That is a STEREOTYPE and puts all African American people in one catergory.

Quote:
Damn, some of you really take offense at this crap. Seriously, I could easily start up a debate about how easy minorities have it as far as getting into college and Law School......just because they're minorities. If you're Jewish, Black or Asian, and you have the same grades as a white student when applying for UF's Law School.....chances are you'll get in and the white kid won't. Plain and simple. There was a big issue about it a year or two ago and the College of Law started letting all kinds of people in from what I heard, based soely on the fact that they were'nt white protestants. The college took a lot of heat and in the process probably let some lesser qualified people in. I'm sure it happened in a few cases.
But the fact is we are not talking about affirmative action in employment and admissions. That is a whole new can of worms that I'm sure you DO NOT want to open up especially with me. Trust. This thread is about interracial dating so leave it at that....
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-19-2003, 04:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
NOWorNEVER, do you go to A&T? I have a bunch of friends that go there and also Guilford and UNC-G. I actually used to live in High Point.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: Look over your shoulder, I could be right behind ya!
Quote:
Originally posted by starang21
hey, it's cool...do you. i don't have any qualms with it. i know some asian chicks who have said the same thing about asian men even if they've never dated one. my last girl, i was the first asian cat she's dated...and it blew her mind. but there's something behind not having to explain certain things becuase they already know them. my thing is, how can you say you're all that openminded when you've not tasted the whole rainbow, especially you're own color? it's just as closeminded to not date inside as it is not to date outside.
I can't be perfect (although I try DESPERATELY). No, I'm not interested. We all have certain preferences. Some won't date someone larger than a size 8, some only like men over 6'. Can't like everyone all of the time....I appreciate your point of view...but, yeah, this could be an area in which I am seen as closeminded. I guess I'm ok with that.
Old 02-19-2003, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by breathesgelatin
NOWorNEVER, do you go to A&T? I have a bunch of friends that go there and also Guilford and UNC-G. I actually used to live in High Point.
UNCG!
Old 02-19-2003, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to breathesgelatin Send a message via AIM to breathesgelatin Send a message via MSN to breathesgelatin Send a message via Yahoo to breathesgelatin
UNCG is such an awesome school. I wish I'd looked into it more. I didn't realize they had an African-American studies major. I know they have an undergraduate Museum Studies concentration, which is really unusual. Props to them!
Old 02-19-2003, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladyj39
My current boyfriend is Irish/Italian/French and I am Chinese-American. Before him, I mostly dated Filipinos and Chinese guys. My father was a little taken a back when I told him I was bringing a caucasian guy home (especially since he's also a Republican and my dad is a die hard Democrat!). I think the different political views were more of an isssue than our different races to my dad! It's been almost three years now and my dad is completely accepting of my boyfriend as long as he treats me with respect and loves me.

Now, my little sister just started dating and her first boyfriend is Italian-Mexican, so she always thanks me for breaking dad in!
Old 02-19-2003, 05:50 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by NOWorNEVER
If I speak proper english, wear GAP and Abercrombie, and decide not to wear braids or cornrows...does that make me "white?"

My problem is that people automatically equate things of this nature with "acting White" and associate ignorance, gold teeth, ebonics, weaves, etc. with "acting Black."

Being Black has nothing to do with speech, hair, or dress. That is a STEREOTYPE and puts all African American people in one catergory.

But the fact is we are not talking about affirmative action in employment and admissions. That is a whole new can of worms that I'm sure you DO NOT want to open up especially with me. Trust. This thread is about interracial dating so leave it at that....

I'll answer this in four parts.

First, yes.....that does make you white ( to other white people )

Second, When was the last time you saw a white guy that was stupid, had his entire grill capped with gold, wearing weeve and speaking the only language he knows.....ebonics?

Thirdly, it depends on how you look at it......I got a new truck for christmas. A certain rapper has the same vehicle, but more decked out with rims. When I'm riding down the road with a black friend of mine while listening to this rappers song about his shoes, my friend always makes some smart a$$ remark about me wanting to be black. He tells me I want to be this guy. That in it's self tells me that even blakc people themselves know the is a certain way black and white people can act that makes them appear the other color figuratively.

Finally, If you want to start up about this racism crap.....affirmative action has everything to do about it. I personally think it's a bunch of bull.....it's a way to give people an easier ride because their skin is a different color or their religious preference is not what most people choose to follow. I'm catholic....so I guess that puts me in the same category as you.....a minority......
Old 02-19-2003, 06:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'll answer this in four parts.

Second, When was the last time you saw a white guy that was stupid, had his entire grill capped with gold, wearing weeve and speaking the only language he knows.....ebonics?

Thirdly, it depends on how you look at it......I got a new truck for christmas. A certain rapper has the same vehicle, but more decked out with rims. When I'm riding down the road with a black friend of mine while listening to this rappers song about his shoes, my friend always makes some smart a$$ remark about me wanting to be black. He tells me I want to be this guy. That in it's self tells me that even blakc people themselves know the is a certain way black and white people can act that makes them appear the other color figuratively.

Finally, If you want to start up about this racism crap.....affirmative action has everything to do about it. I personally think it's a bunch of bull.....it's a way to give people an easier ride because their skin is a different color or their religious preference is not what most people choose to follow. I'm catholic....so I guess that puts me in the same category as you.....a minority......

i'll answer this in 4 parts, as well.....

1. those white folks who think that are idiots. what the hell does wearing a brand of clothing and wearing your hair a certain way make you one way or another? that line of thinking is for those who have small minds, and large holes in their head.

2. never seen that, becuase the white trash i've seen had no teeth, had a girlfriend who resembled their mother, was EXTREMELY stupid, and drove a pick up. now should we consider you white trash?

3. depends how who looks at it? an uneducated person who is too small minded to look at something without losing all train of thought? you're minute intelligence and maximum ignorance seem to make a lot of generalizations don't you? becuaes you know, ALL black people want to be like nelly and own a pair of uptowns.

4. what the hell affirmative action have to do with interracial dating? and what the hell does affirmative action have to do with calling someone a spic? nothing, this is a dating thread. i think it's quite great that affirmative action does great things for WHITE women, too (who, by the way are the biggest beneficiaries of AA). so does getting into a school in which someone's parents donate a lot of money to, so they probably had to let a rich kid with no brains but a lot of lineage in. guess preference is a bitch, huh?

Last edited by starang21; 02-19-2003 at 06:12 PM.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:10 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm going to say this ONCE and only ONCE...

PLAY NICE!! We're all adults here and you can have a controversial conversation without being rude or obnoxious.

Share your opinion, but do it in an appropriate manner - or else!
Old 02-19-2003, 06:14 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by starang21
i'll answer this in 4 parts, as well.....

2. never seen that, becuase the white trash i've seen had no teeth, had a girlfriend who resembled their mother, was EXTREMELY stupid, and drove a pick up. now should we consider you white trash?

3. depends how who looks at it? an uneducated person who is too small minded to look at something without losing all train of thought? you're minute intelligence and maximum ignorance seem to make a lot of generalizations don't you?

4. what the hell affirmative action have to do with interracial dating? and what the hell does affirmative action have to do with calling someone a spic? nothing, this is a dating thread. i think it's quite great that affirmative action does great things for WHITE women, too (who, by the way are the biggest beneficiaries of AA). so does getting into a school in which someone's parents donate a lot of money to, so they probably had to let a rich kid with no brains but a lot of lineage in. guess preference is a bitch, huh?

I'll hit it up with 3 responses.....

1. That just goes to show how bad white people have it. We can be both black and trailer trash. I've never seen Black trailer trash.....why?? because if they're that poor they just end up being ghetto....

2. By your response I can tell you didn't really know what to say. So, you just cracked on me being ignorant....which I'm not.

3. It depends on where you live........In florida, for example, black people and hispanics benifit from it more. Why? Well, Florida has a large Hispanic and black population. The rich white women aren't the only ones who don't work here, the trailer trash women don't hold jobs themselves. And the ones they do hold.....well, they're mainly convience store jobs or walmart-kmart type of stuff, they don't have much competetion for those types of jobs and so AFA isn't needed....

Ya startin to feel me?
Old 02-19-2003, 06:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I don't see why my thread got deleted.....

I think there are a lot of new black chicks on this board who are trying to start some racist war. " Oh, this white dude is trashin black people!"

Listen, I'm not at all trashing black people. I know a lot of people up in Atlanta who I'm friends with and are almost all black. Atlanta is like the Chicago of the south. I'm not at all racist. However, that doesn't change the fact that if i ever were to date a black chick she'd have to act white if she wanted to meet my parents.

Damn, some of you really take offense at this crap. Seriously, I could easily start up a debate about how easy minorities have it as far as getting into college and Law School......just because they're minorities. If you're Jewish, Black or Asian, and you have the same grades as a white student when applying for UF's Law School.....chances are you'll get in and the white kid won't. Plain and simple. There was a big issue about it a year or two ago and the College of Law started letting all kinds of people in from what I heard, based soely on the fact that they were'nt white protestants. The college took a lot of heat and in the process probably let some lesser qualified people in. I'm sure it happened in a few cases.

Don't try and turn this into a white people bashing black peopel thing.....It's not happening.......That card has been played one too many times in this country.
I'm just going to say this and leave it alone because your ignorance is astonishing. If you are really as close-minded and as ill-informed as you present yourself to be you don't have to worry about affirmative action preventing you from being admitted anywhere. You're ignorance and lack of knowledge should get you denied all on your own merit.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:17 PM
Banned

Looks like we got another undercover GC'er who's ashamed to use their real screen name.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:20 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm not undercover at all. I've been a silent reader for a while but I just had to register and say something. I can't believe that someone could be so ill-informed yet arrogant. I always thought it was better to be thought a fool than to open your mouth and remove all doubt. Obviously not everyone feels that way.
Old 02-19-2003, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I'll hit it up with 3 responses.....

1. That just goes to show how bad white people have it. We can be both black and trailer trash. I've never seen Black trailer trash.....why?? because if they're that poor they just end up being ghetto....

2. By your response I can tell you didn't really know what to say. So, you just cracked on me being ignorant....which I'm not.

3. It depends on where you live........In florida, for example, black people and hispanics benifit from it more. Why? Well, Florida has a large Hispanic and black population. The rich white women aren't the only ones who don't work here, the trailer trash women don't hold jobs themselves. And the ones they do hold.....well, they're mainly convience store jobs or walmart-kmart type of stuff, they don't have much competetion for those types of jobs and so AFA isn't needed....

Ya startin to feel me?
you are in fact, quite ignorant. from your post, you seem to think it's ok to stereotype people becuase of how certain group of people act. what the hell does owning a nice truck and listening to hip hop have to do with wanting to be black? like NOWorNEVER said, what the hell is acting white/black/green/blue? your buddy's comments make him just as ill-informed. i know plenty of accomplished black people who don't own uptowns, don't drive an escalade, or try and rap. but you seem to think that becuase what you see on tv is so cool, that it just HAS to be true. this isn't rocket science, sonny jim, saying black folks and white folks act a certain way is the same line of thinking that good ole boys make life easier without thinking. and actually, the fact WHITE women are the biggest beneficiaries of AA moots anything you say as irrelevant. and like so many of us before has said, what the hell does affirmative action have to do with interracial dating? simpleton.

i'm not racist, i have black friends.

Last edited by starang21; 02-19-2003 at 06:29 PM.
Old 02-19-2003, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Originally posted by NOWorNEVER
If I speak proper english, wear GAP and Abercrombie, and decide not to wear braids or cornrows...does that make me "white?"

Please do not speak on behalf of white people.
Closed Thread