GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,321
2 members and 2,319 guests
Pinkmagnolia921, Xidelt
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2015, 08:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by BraveMaroon View Post
I grew up in a non-religious household and was worried about getting grief for *not* being a Christian in a sorority. I was open about my beliefs and I was pleased to find that there was room for everyone on the spectrum in my chapter.

It takes all sorts!

The only people I knew in our sorority were Jewish prior to my pledging. Imagine my confusion at initiation

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-28-2015, 09:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 2, part 2:

Harry: Their philanthropy is nice but they're not very involved locally, just nationally, and again I just don't see myself here at all. Felt very awkward the whole time as the girl who rushed me did not make conversation.

Uncle Vernon: Love their philanthropy! I have a past connection to it and could really give back here. Starting to maybe see myself here.

Professor McGonagall: Had a fun time here today! Connected with the girls a lot more today than in the last round.

I ended up ranking:

1. Neville
1. Hagrid
1. Uncle Vernon
1. Ron
1. Hermione
1. Professor McGonagall

1. Aunt Petunia
2. Ginny
3. Harry
Old 08-29-2015, 08:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Love your story. Can't wait to hear about the next round.
Old 08-29-2015, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Round 3 is focused on what being a sister of each house looks like, and includes a skit that shows the personality of each house. I was thrilled to see my top 6 back on my list:

Hagrid
Neville
Ron
Professor McGonagall
Hermione
Uncle Vernon

Hagrid: Their skit was based on the Wizard of Oz, which I was obsessed with as a kid! Had a great time meeting more girls from this house, including the VP of Member Development. Every minute I'm here, I feel loved and accepted for exactly who I am.

Neville: After their skit (movie night) I still love this house, but it's no longer neck and neck with Hagrid. The girl who rushed me today made me feel like all they cared about was my resume, not me as an individual.

Ron: I actually loved my time at this house today! I couldn't stop laughing at their skit and loved the girls who rushed me. Finally starting to feel welcome here.

Professor McGonagall: I had fun at this house, but it's just not my home.

Hermione: Had really fun, random, natural conversation here, but I think overall it might not be a fit. I feel like here I have to be "on" all the time.

Uncle Vernon: I wanted to love this house, but being honest, by the end of the day my feet hurt so bad that I couldn't focus on anything! Like at Hermione, I'm just not super comfortable here.

Last edited by howdy96; 08-29-2015 at 02:53 PM. Reason: forgot to include one house - oops!
Old 08-29-2015, 03:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Lookin' good! I am a huge Wizard of Oz fan.

Be a Volunteer!
Old 08-29-2015, 06:47 PM
Super Moderator

Can't wait for the next installment!
Old 08-29-2015, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Go Ron! He's my fave ��
Old 08-30-2015, 10:09 AM
GreekChat Member

Round 4, the final round; PREF.

I was absolutely ecstatic to see Neville, Ron, and Hagrid on my list! My top 3! I had been so lucky this week to keep all of my favorites on a full schedule. I know many girls did not have the same experience, and my heart hurts for them. Knowing that I would be honored to wear the letters of any house that I had left, I spent a lot of my day in prayer that the Lord would give me clarity over where He wanted me to be.

Neville: I feel so adored here. I can tell they have such an awesome sisterhood and tons of them are really seeking to know Christ better, while I would still have an opportunity to get to know sisters that weren't. Even though their presentation was a little awkward, I still could totally see myself here.

Ron: I loved getting to talk to girls in this house that I met earlier this week. They seemed so genuinely interested in me (a total turnaround from earlier this week). One girl gave me such awesome advice and I hope we can be good friends no matter where I end up. I could see myself here too.

Y'all, after leaving Ron, I was fully prepared to find a quiet tent after my last party and go be in prayer for as long as it took, because I had NO IDEA what I wanted to do anymore. Hagrid had been my clear favorite, but now I wasn't sure. I prayed my entire walk from Ron to Hagrid for clarity and guidance, and just like He had been all week, the Lord was faithful to that prayer. As soon as I got to the Hagrid tent, I saw a girl from my Rho Gamma group who had the same 3 houses as me left. I ran up to her, explained where I was at emotionally, and asked her, "how are you going to choose?" She responded by asking me "well, philanthropy's really important, because that's what you'll get involved in as a member. which one do you connect with?" Y'all, I wanted to smack myself in the face, because DUH! Hagrid's philanthropy had moved me to tears, it was the one that I immediately saw myself involved in and giving back to. I knew once again where my home was.

Hagrid: My dear friend picked me up again, and it was pretty much a sob fest the rest of the party after I told her that I wanted Hagrid to be my home. These girls love me and accept me for exactly who I am. I never feel the need to impress them or fit a certain mold when I'm here. I know nothing's official til the bid card is in your hand... but this is my home.

I preffed:
1. Hagrid
2. Neville
3. Ron
Old 08-30-2015, 10:21 AM
GreekChat Member

Good luck!!
Old 08-30-2015, 10:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Can't wait to hear which sorority is your new home!
Old 08-30-2015, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

I am so glad you have a peace about it all. I am looking forward to hearing who your top three were!!!
Old 08-30-2015, 04:05 PM
GreekChat Member

The moment you've all been waiting for... BID DAY!

Check-in was from 3:45-4:15. At 4:30, our Rho Gammas revealed! I thought mine were Neville, Sirius, and Professor McGonagall, but they were actually Sirius, Dumbledore, and Ginny! Just goes to show how diverse each house is.

Bid cards were passed out at 4:35.

At 4:40 we opened them.

I am proud to say that I am the loudest and proudest member of the fightin' Texas aggie class of 2019, but more importantly, of HAGRID!

A.K.A..............

THE TEXAS ETA CHAPTER OF PI BETA PHI!
Old 08-30-2015, 04:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigmagirl2000
Congrats! Glad you found your home

::: waiting for someone to post in Irishpipes 2013-2014 chapter listing thread that quota was .25 ::: - ASTalumna06
Old 08-30-2015, 04:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! My daughter is a Pi Phi, too!
Old 08-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Super Moderator

YEA!!!!!

RING CHING!!!!
Closed Thread