GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Sigma Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,136
1 members and 1,135 guests
zabryashulze790

Old 09-10-2005, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

More pointless rambling from across the pond. So 2 weeks ago, I dropped a teeny frozen pizza on my toe and broke it. I know, it takes a special kind of talent to pull that off, haha.

I've been good and have been buddy-taping my toe and had not danced until this last Thursday (the doctor said the bone would start to knit by then) when I found out that I'm dancing in the All-Scotland Irish Dance Championships (in mid-October). I'm excited, as it should be good fun and I know I'm a not-too-bad dancer, but nervewracking as it's my first competition over here and I've got to really get cracking fine-tuning my dances... But I have a broken toe. I have the option of dropping down a level to do graded intermediate competitions, rather than the open championship, but I really don't want to...

Other randomness, the new students have started arriving here, woohoo, out with the tourists and in with the freshers! And the new postgrads in my building will arrive on the 17th, which is exciting as I'm on the hall committee and get to help plan the events for freshers' week.

Sigma Love and Mine,
Laura
Old 09-13-2005, 08:50 PM
GreekChat Member

...that our board isn't as active as it used to be!

...eventhough I graduated almost a year and a half ago I still miss college

...that boys that you like end up getting girlfriends, and those that like you are jerks

..that I quote Will Farrell movies like its my job

..Jake Gyllenhall needs to not date Kirsten Dunst and date me

..I'm obsessed with Addicting website

and Laura, I hope your toe is feeling better!!!
Old 09-15-2005, 07:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Awww, thank you!
Old 10-26-2005, 01:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Just thought I'd bump this up, even though I don't really have TOO much new to share!

I have lost another 2.6 lbs, and am 3.8 lbs. away from my weight loss goal! (I'm doing weight watchers).

Also, I'm seeing a new boy! Well, I guess since we're both in our 30s, that would be a new man. For the first time in a LONG time, I really am letting myself like someone! I'm so excited about him, but I'm still freaked out all at the same time.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ejbiff Send a message via Yahoo to ejbiff
Congratulations to both, sailboatgirl! I'm sure you'll make it to your goal soon.

Old 08-08-2006, 08:26 PM

bumping!

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to sigma3
Jocelyn~ Where did you end up getting into Grad School at and what for?

I saw you had Murray on your list of top 2. Yay for the Alpha Chi chapter.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma3
Jocelyn~ Where did you end up getting into Grad School at and what for?
Well, funny you should ask this, because there's been a slight change of plans! When I first posted in this thread, I was really looking to MA- English programs. After thinking about it for a long time, I realized that wasn't what I wanted to do!

I've since looked into MA- Rehab Counseling programs, and am looking into Kent (where I go now), Penn State and Wright State (PSU does have a Sigma chapter so that would be cool).

I graduate in December, so right now I'm requesting application materials and lining up recommendations! Wish me luck

Lakers Nation.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JocelynC
Well, funny you should ask this, because there's been a slight change of plans! When I first posted in this thread, I was really looking to MA- English programs. After thinking about it for a long time, I realized that wasn't what I wanted to do!

I've since looked into MA- Rehab Counseling programs, and am looking into Kent (where I go now), Penn State and Wright State (PSU does have a Sigma chapter so that would be cool).

I graduate in December, so right now I'm requesting application materials and lining up recommendations! Wish me luck
I'm putting in a vote for PSU! Although I am not an alum I am from PA and know a bazillion people who are Penn State proud. It would be great to have you there. There are so many Sigma chapters you could take roadtrips to visit! [hint, call me if you do!] I was up there for State Day last year and the girls at PSU are wonderful..[as are all our sisters everywhere ]

Definately keep us all updated on how everything goes!

xox
Old 08-10-2006, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jadis96 Send a message via Yahoo to jadis96
New random news.... Today was my first day with students this year!!!
Old 08-10-2006, 10:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Hmmm...no really exciting news from me, but I thought I'd post just for the heck of it! It is WAY too HOT here in OKlahoma to do anything...it's supposed to be over 100 today...again...

I'm so ready for cooler weather!

Edited to Add: It's 107 degrees outside. No wonder I am zapped of the will to do anything! This heat has got to stop!

Last edited by sailboatgirl; 08-10-2006 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-12-2006, 05:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Ooh, good luck with the applications and stuff Jocelyn!

And I feel for you sailboatgirl, I was in Venice in late July and though I don't know how hot it actually was (apart from one day when it was 34C at about 7:00pm in the shade), it drained me of all my energy. Best of luck staying cool!

-- I'm in the process of moving flat and spent much of yesterday afternoon playing the address-change game. Who knew it could take so long try to think of everyone/every organisation which has my address. Super exciting. But on a positive note, the flat move is going well, it's a cute little flat in a central location (though more expensive than I was hoping - but St Andrews rent can be comparable to London so I'll stop my whinging) and my lease overlaps with where I'm living now, so I don't have to move everything in one go.

-- As I mentioned in the resolutions thread, I'm in a period of academic burnout, which I think is quite common at the beginning of the second year of the PhD. After coming back from Venice with 96 pages of notes covering roughly 40 books from 1550 onwards, my brain is mush. Also, I can't find any information about several paintings I'm looking at (which I suppose is a godsend as that means no one has done my topic - but is frustrating nevertheless), and have resorted to citing old guide books as that's been the only place I've ever found reference to them.

-- I looooove Venice! Though this does not include the heat, pigeons, mosquitos and tourists (who would stand in the middle of the Rialto bridge whilst I was trying to hurry to the Marciana library to claim a seat by the one and only fan in the Rare Books/Manuscripts reading room). There's just something so captivating about the canals and the architecture. If anyone wants to see pictures (I went a little snap-happy, hehe), let me know and I will post some.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to jadis96 Send a message via Yahoo to jadis96
Not too exciting, but tonight was my 10 year high school reunion and I saw a guy who I have only talked to online there and he hugged me!! I think I have a new crush
Old 09-30-2006, 12:51 PM

*I just went to MAC and bought a ton of new stuff.

*I don't remember needing to fill out so much crap when applying to undergrad. Grad schools make you write a book!

*I'm loving living in the house, even as a senior, it's so fun. It's gotten me way closer to alot of the younger chapter members.

*Holy crap! My chapter now has 17 new members!

*I want a baby blue Honda Civic.

The end!

Lakers Nation.

Last edited by KSUViolet06; 09-30-2006 at 12:55 PM.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSUViolet06 View Post
[COLOR="Magenta*]I don't remember needing to fill out so much crap when applying to undergrad. Grad schools make you write a book![/COLOR]
^Lol, so true! I'm in the middle of renewing my student visa and the amount of paperwork required is unbelievable (had to have my mum even send over my bank statements). Good luck with all the applications! When are they due?

And yay for 17 new sisters!!! Super exciting stuff.

Cheers,
Laura

ps - My teaching schedule this year is pretty hardcore, four groups, all on a Tuesday. Whew - at least there's a break between the morning two and afternoon two.