GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,680
4 members and 1,676 guests
g41965, Overthinker, PGD-GRAD, Sister Havana

Old 06-09-2014, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator

Didn't she die several years ago?
Old 06-09-2014, 10:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnation View Post
Didn't she die several years ago?
Yes, Rue McClanahan passed away June 3, 2010. My husband asked me about it yesterday due to a recent post on FaceBook. I'm sure folks were just trying to honor her.
Old 06-09-2014, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
Yes, Rue McClanahan passed away June 3, 2010. My husband asked me about it yesterday due to a recent post on FaceBook. I'm sure folks were just trying to honor her.
Feeling like a total idiot... Sorry guys! I saw it on FB too & didn't have time to read the article, but thought of this thread!!!
Old 06-09-2014, 01:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shirley1929 View Post
Feeling like a total idiot... Sorry guys! I saw it on FB too & didn't have time to read the article, but thought of this thread!!!
I fell for the swindle last night too!

I've been watching a LOT of GG lately. Here's one that had me cracking up:

Sophia: "Jean happens to like women instead of men. Some people like cats and some people like dogs. I'd rather live with a lesbian than a cat. Unless the lesbian sheds, then I don't know."

Also, there's a scene in season 5 (where Dorothy is trying to find out why she's sick) and the girls are celebrating over dinner. They've ordered an expensive bottle of champagne and Sophia works her magic to get the meal for free.

Can't find the transcript, but it starts with Sophia sprinkling salt in her glass, spitting the champagne on the floor and yelling "Swill!"

I'm cracking up in my office as I type it. The scene (the episode, actually) reminds me of SATC (and yes, I'm aware of the many characteristics they share).