GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,599
1 members and 2,598 guests
LaneSig

Old 04-11-2000, 04:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry It's really funny

I stick by what I say ladies and gentlemen. If you didn't get upset so quickly and evaluated that point I was trying to make you would understand what I was trying to say so let me reiterate it for you.
Some People do need to re-evaluate why they join organizations. Many people joing just to wear the letters, and some of do not and actually want to make a difference in the community. Yes, it does make me sick when I see people disrespecting other organizations and no matter what you say to me in here it does happen and it is wrong. Harmless banter is one thing but blatant disrespect is another. For those of you who deny that this goes on in your chapter or at your school, even if 3 people do it, then you are a liar because it happens everywhere. I you do not bash other black organizations then you are exlcuded from this, then you had no reason to answer...I was replying to one of the sadistic remarks an alleged frat. brother put up here, now long gone.
And yes, if you read my topic again, you will see that I am absolutely right. Freedom was hard one by African Americans. And yes many organizations came about to create a support network that will lift up our people in times of need. This was a very long time ago and if you would have read carefully, it said "History". What upset me and why I wrote it was something that someone posted that was very disrespectful to my sorority and I didn't appreciate it. This person posted it almost a month ago and I can't remember what exactly was said but I will reply to a few of your vindications.
"mgdzkm433" If you must read it again, fine, I didn't disrespect anyone in this forum. I replied to someone that disrespected my organization a while back, almost a month ago. I am far from ignorant and what I wrote on March 15 is just the truth. It is not a black and white issue and I didn't ask anyone of what color they where. I was giving off a basic history of how African-American organizations came about. Nothing in what I wrote should have offended you because it was not "Black" and it was not "White". You have just judged my character wrong.
I am half white and half black. I see both worlds and they are different. I was born and raised in Germany. I speak 2 languages, I own my own store, I'm a completion cadet which means upon graduation I will be a 2nd LT., I write up community service proposals because I love to help so don't judge if you don't understand where I am coming from but ask what I mean like the Soror of Zeta Phi Beta so that I can clear it up before you insult me.
I was just upset at how some of the sisters talked about each other the last time I visited this site and then they had the nerve to put their organization down like that organization wants to be represented like that.
Now...how did you get race into this.

I think that BGLO's are very close knit. At times that was all we had...'us' and in some communities it still hasn't changed. We try to support each other financially and mentally at times. We try to enhance our community...It's what we are here for... to bring up and not down. That's why I was so incoherent the last time.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 04-11-2000, 04:39 PM
GreekChat Member

I just want to let you know that if I misinterpreted what you had to say, I am sorry for that. I'm a person who believes that if she is wrong, she should admit that she is wrong. SO, I apologize for my misunderstanding. I did go back and read your statement agian, I however did not understand the first statement you wrote, I am sorry for that. I thought you were bashing BGLO's. After reading what you have stated in this post, I realize that you are only looking out for them. You are right in saying that there are people out there who do join for "social" aspect or just to wear letters, or for popularity. That comes with any and all organizations. As for people bashing other organizations, it is a natural occurance. Or I should say common occurance, on any campus. I agree that ALL GlO's regardless of race SHOULD work together. We all share a common goal. So I agree with you on that.

Now, to address why I said I was white. I did not want to be recognize for being partial to a particular organization, meaning I wasn't a member of a BGLO nor was I a member of the African American culture. I have come to the conclusion that African Americans are very proud of their culture and I resect that 100%. I just didn't want you to think I was answering in favor because I was black, so I stated my race. I'm sorry for offending you if I did. I was not trying to turn this issue into a racial thing.

From your statement, I believed that you were not in favor of BGLO's. I'm sorry for judging you and insulting you. You are correct in saying that I should have stated that I did not understand what you wrote intead of jumping to conclusions.

For this I want everyone to know that this is a PUBLIC APOLOGY. I am truly sorry.

Thank you for humbling me.

------------------
Mikki Gates
Delta Zeta Alum
Kappa Mu Chapter
Sigma Alpha Iota Alum
Eta Tau Chapter

"I would rather have thirty minutes of wonderful than a lifetime of nothing special."

--Julia Roberts
(Steel Magnolias)

Visit me at:
http://homepages.go.com/~dzkm433/index.html
and
http://www.calypso.com/dzkm433/welcomtomyworld.chtml
Old 04-11-2000, 04:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Now I feel bad...LOL...I guess I had a bad day that day...hahaha
I'm apologize too for sounding kind of incoherent. I read it again myself and it kind of a mess. LOL I think it was early in the morning when I wrote it and I was new to the forum and I kept forgetting the password so everytime I rewrote it was became a bit more incoherent. LOL

Sorry