GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,587
1 members and 2,586 guests
Cookiez17

Old 09-03-2007, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ole miss mom View Post
At Ole Miss if A PNM has a GPA of 2.9 but was very involved in school and other civic organizations what percentage of sororities will automatically cut her in the first round without even getting to know her? She really wants to be in a sorority but what I have read so far it looks like her chances are not good.
Please keep in mind that she will be rushing with hundreds of girls who were all super-involved in high schol and civic activities and who may have GPA's that are much higher than 2.9.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-03-2007, 02:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Well, my GLO requires a 3.0 nationally and individual chapters can raise that if they want to...I believe at Auburn they require a 3.2....BUT, I know a girl personally who went through at Ole Miss last year with less than a 3.0, she wasn't a legacy but did know some girls in a particular group and she did get a bid and loves it. So while having that low of a gpa is not a particularly good thing, it may not be all that bad, especially if she keeps her options OPEN!!!!
Old 09-03-2007, 03:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
At Ole Miss if A PNM has a GPA of 2.9 but was very involved in school and other civic organizations what percentage of sororities will automatically cut her in the first round without even getting to know her? She really wants to be in a sorority but what I have read so far it looks like her chances are not good.
I sent you a pm
Old 09-03-2007, 08:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you know which sororities at Ole Miss publish that a PNM needs to have a 3.0 or better? Will they cut her before she has to narrow down her choices? My college did not allow sorrorities so all of this is new to me. She has rec's for all and is a legacy through her grandmother for one but I realize that only helps a little.

Ole Miss Mom
Old 09-03-2007, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Do you know which sororities at Ole Miss publish that a PNM needs to have a 3.0 or better? Will they cut her before she has to narrow down her choices? My college did not allow sorrorities so all of this is new to me. She has rec's for all and is a legacy through her grandmother for one but I realize that only helps a little.

Ole Miss Mom
I sent you a private message and Greek Chat will send a message informing you of that on your private email. Just click on the link that they send to you that says "you may only read this response if you clink on the link provided."
Old 09-04-2007, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks to all who took the time to enlighten me. I really appreciate all the private message that were sent. I am not going to let my daughter know that I am concerned. What is meant to be will be! I do have one further question. Do most mother's come to Oxford the night the bids go out?

Ole Miss Mom
Old 09-04-2007, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thanks to all who took the time to enlighten me. I really appreciate all the private message that were sent. I am not going to let my daughter know that I am concerned. What is meant to be will be! I do have one further question. Do most mother's come to Oxford the night the bids go out?

Ole Miss Mom
I went, and there were a lot of them there, but it isn't like Alabama where they feed everybody and if I were doing it again I would stay home--the girls are tied up getting pictures made, then they leave and go somewhere! However, if you have never seen a bid day and want to go just to see one, it is quite an experience! Just don't think you will spend much time with your daughter!
Old 09-04-2007, 09:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Ole Miss Mom
There are alot of moms there. Two years ago when my daughter was a sophomore we went to a game the week before rush started and the number of moms trying to find a hotel for bid day was very high.
Old 09-04-2007, 02:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Parents, sisters, aunts, grandparents, all come to Bid Day. There will also be lots of alumnae there as well.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:37 PM
GreekChat Member

My Mom didn't come the weekend bids went out because she knew that we would be so busy hanging out with all our new sisters. I can't remember if she came to the house for rush or not. For some reason I think she skipped that year because she was a nervous as I was!

In any case, she came down like the weekend after rush to bring me all the goodies she had been hording over the years! It was hilarious!
Old 10-01-2007, 11:28 PM
GreekChat Member

I would like to say "Thank You" to all the members of this forum that took the time to enlighten me and who sent PM's on Ole Miss Rush. I am happy to post that she was not cut by 75% on round one like one member posted would probably happen, she was only released by two. She went to six skit parties Friday night and had three prefs for Saturday. She received a bid yesterday from her favorite. I am posting this to let other girls know that Ole Miss is competitive but it is not impossible.

Ole Miss Mom
Old 10-01-2007, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

So...where did she pledge???

Old 10-01-2007, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

In her recruitment thread, she said she joined Kappa Alpha Theta.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:31 AM
Banned

Hottytoddychick pledged Theta...but I don't think Ole Miss Mom told us where her daughter ended up.

Congratulations wherever it may be.
________
Velary cam

Last edited by Low C Sharp; 09-20-2011 at 04:47 PM.
Old 10-02-2007, 11:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Ole Miss Rush

My daughter pledged AOPi and is very happy. She really had a tough time deciding because she really liked them all but she felt more of a connection with the AOPi's.

Ole Miss Mom