GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,178
1 members and 1,177 guests
No Members online

Old 03-12-2007, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrancesK View Post
I fail to understand how any long established sorority can be referred to as imitating a start up organization. No matter what the crisis is the fact remains Zeta Phi Beta has exsisted for almost 100 years. The nine or so years of your sorority don't compare.
Who are you and what are you talking about?

(This is an old thread, and you haven't directly indicated anything that you are referring to in it ... )
Old 03-13-2007, 03:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post
The links that I believe kddani were trying to send are these:

http://dynamic.allbrittontv.com/watc...s=wjla&id=1488

and

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0307/404285.html

I commend the member who spoke out. While, I do think we all want to clean house privately, I think it takes a lot of courage to speak out when something wrong is occurring and I don't think it is an easy decision. Also, to see the support she had from her sorors, especially in her absence, had to be somewhat rewarding.
Old 03-13-2007, 03:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by divainred View Post
The links that I believe kddani were trying to send are these:

http://dynamic.allbrittontv.com/watc...s=wjla&id=1488

and

http://www.wjla.com/news/stories/0307/404285.html

I commend the member who spoke out. While, I do think we all want to clean house privately, I think it takes a lot of courage to speak out when something wrong is occurring and I don't think it is an easy decision. Also, to see the support she had from her sorors, especially in her absence, had to be somewhat rewarding.
I saw this report on another list serv; I was extremely angered by the behavior of the Zeta leadership. Unless there's something that we don't understand that needs to be brought out to clarify this situation, it appears that the Zeta leadership is totally corrupt and are holding their membership hostage to their unconscionable dealings. To accuse a honest soror of disloyalty who is trying to expose criminal activity by leaders is beyond belief; it only shows the depths to which these people have sunk.

The attitude of secrecy is one thing that empowers crooks; embarrassing as it may be,the only things that will rectify this situation is for the feds to do their job and free ZPHIB from these perpetrators. It hurts me b/c I love Sheryl Underwood but this situation is beyong the pale. ZPHIB deserves better than this!

GreekChat.com - The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network

Last edited by Wolfman; 03-13-2007 at 05:00 PM. Reason: typo
Old 03-13-2007, 04:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfman View Post
I saw this report on another list serv; I was extremely angered by the behavior of the Zeta leadership. Unless there's something that we don't understand that needs to be brought out to clarify this situation, it appears that the Zeta leadership is totally corrupt and are holding their membership hostage to their unconscionable dealings. To accuse a honest soror of disloyalty who is trying to expose criminal activity by leaders is beyond belief; it only shows the depths to which these people have sunk.

The attitude of secrecy is one thing that empowers crooks; embarrassing as it may be,the only things that will rectify this situation is for the feds to do their job and free ZPHIB from these perpetrators. It hurts me b/c I love Cheryl Underwood but this situation is beyong the pale. ZPHIB deserves better than this!
I totally agree with this whole statement, except the part about loving Sheryl Underwood.

I think it's a MESS that they EXPELLED the woman who blew the whistle on the corruption!!!!

I saw the news report, and several Zetas that I am acquainted with attempted to attend some sort of hearing/meeting at the National HQ, but they were turned away. They gave support for the expelled soror.

(Sidenote: The DST and Zeta HQs are all of a block away from each other in a ritzy section of DC. )
Old 03-14-2007, 06:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
(Sidenote: The DST and Zeta HQs are all of a block away from each other in a ritzy section of DC. )
But of course!
Old 03-14-2007, 06:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DST4A00 View Post
But of course!
lmao..... hey girl, it's getting to be that time of year again. Hopefully I'll see you on the yard soon.

Another random sidenote: My chapter used to own a house on New Hampshire Avenue within a block of the current ZPhiB and DST national headquarters....we foolishly sold it in the 60s.
Old 03-14-2007, 07:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
lmao..... hey girl, it's getting to be that time of year again. Hopefully I'll see you on the yard soon.

Another random sidenote: My chapter used to own a house on New Hampshire Avenue within a block of the current ZPhiB and DST national headquarters....we foolishly sold it in the 60s.
geaux Dupont Circle!!! When we needed to expand we thought about selling and going elsewhere, but realized the value of the area. So we bought 3 buildings next to us instead and linked them.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 03-14-2007, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladygreek View Post
geaux Dupont Circle!!! When we needed to expand we thought about selling and going elsewhere, but realized the value of the area. So we bought 3 buildings next to us instead and linked them.
And the additions look sooooo seamless, like it's always just been there.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:30 PM
GreekChat Member

smh...why was this bumped?

and who tha fuck was the person that bumped this, addressing that post to?
Old 03-14-2007, 09:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNYC2 View Post

"tell um why ya mad son!!!"

When you drop the baggage, your hands will then be free to embrace the blessings...
Old 03-14-2007, 10:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OOhsoflyDELTA#9 View Post
I can see you throwing your hands while you were saying that.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueNYC2 View Post

Why don't you channel your anger into helping your sorors out of this mess and not at some random poster?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mulattogyrl Send a message via Yahoo to mulattogyrl
Quote:
Originally Posted by OOhsoflyDELTA#9 View Post
LMAAAO

It's a jungle out there.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mccoyred View Post
Why don't you channel your anger into helping your sorors out of this mess and not at some random poster?

aint no anger...thats just how i talk...
and I KNOW my sorors are handling their biz...

BUMBLEBEE TUNA!!!
Old 03-18-2007, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

Blue Perspective - One Sided Reporting

As a note to my NPHC family:

What you hear from the news is but one side of the story, sensationalized and the end result of something that, when you think about it, was and remains ZETA'S business. For any member of an organization to not work within the confines of the established rules for resolving internal issues is quite simply - wrong. There are ways to handle matters inside your organization - and if the 'light of truth' prevails - the resolution will come. Situations like this often happen when the resolution by the greater body is not accepted by a hell raiser who has a long history of being a hell raiser within the organization and in other organizations, such as their church, or even their own family. Sweet Zeta will continue to handle it's business in a way that exemplifies finer womanhood - and as all of our organizations are made up of 'people' - let us strive together to understand that this kind of one sided reporting could and may happen to any of our organizations. I'm praying for Zeta and all of my NPHC family!

Stay Blessed!