GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,286
1 members and 1,285 guests
No Members online

Old 09-06-2014, 04:22 PM
GreekChat Member

A drama filled, rollercoaster Back to School themed recruitment!

Hello!

I went through recruitment a few weeks ago and it was definitely the most emotionally draining and amazing times of my life and it's weird because i've met some women I know I will be close to for a very long time during recruitment, but also i've made painful memories that are difficult to bring up in just one short week.

I had an older sister in Greek Life and she is currently a senior at the same school I go to, so I had a lot of background knowledge (which probably ended up hurting/helping me in the end) and I'd visited her countless times, so i had made a lot of acquaintances and friends in sororities as well. However at this point, my sister was at the end of the rope with her sorority and was having a lot of problems and was probably dropping. She said she knew me too well and did not want me joining this chapter because she knew it wasn't for me and said she new for a fact her house had some tricks up their sleeve, especially for legacies.

I tried not to listen and go in with an open mind. But I knew quite a few girls in the house and wouldn't put anything like that past them, but still. It was only fair to go in with an open mind.

This year at my school, more girls had signed up for recruitment than ever before and the whole campus (well everyone in Greek Life or PNMs) were buzzing about it and excited to see how it all turned out.

So anyway, recruitment began on a sunday and was just programming and campus tours and that was the same on Monday as well. I was super nervous and just really eager to visit chapters and get to know them for myself and showcase my personality.

Tuesday was the day! Today was open house day and PNMs would either be visiting 6 houses or 7 houses, since there are 13 on campus. The first day, I visited 6.

The first one I visited was Princeton. I had heard a lot about this chapter, both good and bad, but i'd say this one was probably the most "infamous". But I didn't care at all. I just wanted to go in! They opened their doors and a sea of beautiful women poured out of the doors and they were chanting loudly in their cute skirts and wedges. Their song was catchy and I would die if I had to talked to 900 women for 2 days wearing wedges in the heat, but damn they had some great showmanship. I had really great conversations there and the women were really nice and funny and the conversations flowed like no other. These girls definitely knew what they were doing. This house was definitely one of my top favorites.

The second one I visited was UMich. These girls have had the highest GPAs on campus for several consecutive years and I was really intimidated going in because I had a 3.0 GPA and felt like I had no chance here. The conversations were lackluster and the women I talked to were only talking to me about random things like what I did during the summer, where I worked, what kind of music I liked and what concerts I went to. Everyone speaks so highly of them that I thought I would have a fantastic conversation, but it just wasn't there. But I had visited this chapter last spring when my school had something similar to a Greek Preview Day and they were very nice there, I just probably talked to the wrong girls, which was fine.

The next chapter I visited was Ole Miss. I had also heard many things about this house. They had the second highest GPA and were pretty academic, but also know as the "party girl" house. And the party girl rep didn't really phase me because they can't be too crazy if they have the second best GPA right? My conversations here were iffy. I had 2 really good ones and 2 bland ones. I felt lukewarm about this house.

The next chapter I visited was LSU. This one was probably my second favorite, if not favorite house of all of them throughout the whole week. I had an amazing conversation with every girl I talked to and they were funny and interesting, but I still answered questions about school, involvement and what I would bring to a sisterhood. When I was talking about leadership, a girl actually stopped me to say she looked up to me! I loved this house so much and I knew a girl from high school in this chapter and my sister made it really far during recruitment with this house and two girls even recognized me as her sister, so I felt like I would definitely make it far with these girls.

The next one up was Wake Forest. I had a better time than I expected here. I liked them and they were nice and our conversations were pretty good. However, when I asked one girl about what their new member program was like, she said and I quote: "Yeah it's pretty dumb and long and there's a lot of pointless meetings. But luckily we don't have tests like some other houses." I liked this chapter, but that definitely turned me off and I was shocked she would say that about something so important.

The sixth and last chapter I visited was UGA. This chapter was AMAZING! I had a friend in this chapter and we even talked for a second while I was here. I had hilarious conversations here and I loved this house because they asked me fun things, important things, but also let me know about them which I really loved. I thought I definitely had a great connection with them.

Today was hard because even though they all weren't 100% perfect, I had a good time at every house and could honestly see myself in all of those chapters! How was I ever going to preference?

This day was exhausting and I could feel my voice giving out already, but recruitment was so fun! I'm extroverted, so talking about myself and talking with different people was really fun for me, but I was still just as nervous as everyone else and just wanted to see if the feelings were mutual and see who invited me back, but mostly to get the week over with and see what chapter I would be in.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereComesTheSun View Post
Hello!

I went through recruitment a few weeks ago and it was definitely the most emotionally draining and amazing times of my life and it's weird because i've met some women I know I will be close to for a very long time during recruitment, but also i've made painful memories that are difficult to bring up in just one short week.

I had an older sister in Greek Life and she is currently a senior at the same school I go to, so I had a lot of background knowledge (which probably ended up hurting/helping me in the end) and I'd visited her countless times, so i had made a lot of acquaintances and friends in sororities as well. However at this point, my sister was at the end of the rope with her sorority and was having a lot of problems and was probably dropping. She said she knew me too well and did not want me joining this chapter because she knew it wasn't for me and said she new for a fact her house had some tricks up their sleeve, especially for legacies.

I tried not to listen and go in with an open mind. But I knew quite a few girls in the house and wouldn't put anything like that past them, but still. It was only fair to go in with an open mind.

This year at my school, more girls had signed up for recruitment than ever before and the whole campus (well everyone in Greek Life or PNMs) were buzzing about it and excited to see how it all turned out.

So anyway, recruitment began on a sunday and was just programming and campus tours and that was the same on Monday as well. I was super nervous and just really eager to visit chapters and get to know them for myself and showcase my personality.

Tuesday was the day! Today was open house day and PNMs would either be visiting 6 houses or 7 houses, since there are 13 on campus. The first day, I visited 6.

The first one I visited was Princeton. I had heard a lot about this chapter, both good and bad, but i'd say this one was probably the most "infamous". But I didn't care at all. I just wanted to go in! They opened their doors and a sea of beautiful women poured out of the doors and they were chanting loudly in their cute skirts and wedges. Their song was catchy and I would die if I had to talked to 900 women for 2 days wearing wedges in the heat, but damn they had some great showmanship. I had really great conversations there and the women were really nice and funny and the conversations flowed like no other. These girls definitely knew what they were doing. This house was definitely one of my top favorites.

The second one I visited was UMich. These girls have had the highest GPAs on campus for several consecutive years and I was really intimidated going in because I had a 3.0 GPA and felt like I had no chance here. The conversations were lackluster and the women I talked to were only talking to me about random things like what I did during the summer, where I worked, what kind of music I liked and what concerts I went to. Everyone speaks so highly of them that I thought I would have a fantastic conversation, but it just wasn't there. But I had visited this chapter last spring when my school had something similar to a Greek Preview Day and they were very nice there, I just probably talked to the wrong girls, which was fine.

The next chapter I visited was Ole Miss. I had also heard many things about this house. They had the second highest GPA and were pretty academic, but also know as the "party girl" house. And the party girl rep didn't really phase me because they can't be too crazy if they have the second best GPA right? My conversations here were iffy. I had 2 really good ones and 2 bland ones. I felt lukewarm about this house.

The next chapter I visited was LSU. This one was probably my second favorite, if not favorite house of all of them throughout the whole week. I had an amazing conversation with every girl I talked to and they were funny and interesting, but I still answered questions about school, involvement and what I would bring to a sisterhood. When I was talking about leadership, a girl actually stopped me to say she looked up to me! I loved this house so much and I knew a girl from high school in this chapter and my sister made it really far during recruitment with this house and two girls even recognized me as her sister, so I felt like I would definitely make it far with these girls.

The next one up was Wake Forest. I had a better time than I expected here. I liked them and they were nice and our conversations were pretty good. However, when I asked one girl about what their new member program was like, she said and I quote: "Yeah it's pretty dumb and long and there's a lot of pointless meetings. But luckily we don't have tests like some other houses." I liked this chapter, but that definitely turned me off and I was shocked she would say that about something so important.

The sixth and last chapter I visited was UGA. This chapter was AMAZING! I had a friend in this chapter and we even talked for a second while I was here. I had hilarious conversations here and I loved this house because they asked me fun things, important things, but also let me know about them which I really loved. I thought I definitely had a great connection with them.

Today was hard because even though they all weren't 100% perfect, I had a good time at every house and could honestly see myself in all of those chapters! How was I ever going to preference?

This day was exhausting and I could feel my voice giving out already, but recruitment was so fun! I'm extroverted, so talking about myself and talking with different people was really fun for me, but I was still just as nervous as everyone else and just wanted to see if the feelings were mutual and see who invited me back, but mostly to get the week over with and see what chapter I would be in.
QFP
Old 09-06-2014, 07:11 PM
Super Moderator

Sounds fun!
Old 09-06-2014, 07:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Geaux LSU!

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 09-07-2014, 03:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I love your codes, can't wait for the next installment!
Old 09-07-2014, 07:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Day 2 of recruitment!

Everyone in my Rho Gamma group was awesome! I was making friends and having some hilarious times with the girls in the group. We had 3 sophomores in the group. One transferred and didn't have Greek Life at her old school and the other two were going through recruitment the second time around.

I was talking to one of the girls who went through before and she said and i'll never forget: "Whatever you do, don't suicide or you'll end up like me doing this all over again." That really resonated with me and I held that advice all week long and it's almost like it was haunting me. In hindsight, now I laugh at that.

The first chapter we visited today was Duke. This chapter probably had by far the most tent talk about them. They are on social probation with the university and aren't allowed to do anything with other fraternities and sororities like date functions. This didn't bother me because it's not like they're in trouble forever and the social aspect is fun, but wasn't a factor in my decisions at all. Besides, I could party on my own with sistsers, so probation didn't even matter! The conversations I had were really sweet and the ladies here were very genuine. I liked this huse and all the women I talked to and I could see myself here.

The next chapter on the list was USC. I was so excited to go to this chapter. I had one of my closest friends and 2 other good friends in this chapter and I was so excited. The girls I talked to were great and we had hilarious conversations. Everyone I talked to was really genuine and didn't make me feel like I was just another PNM to talk to and get over with. My friends said hi to me when I was there and I loved it! They had the cutest cups for the water too! They were in pink mason jars with white and pink straws. I don't know why I remember this, but I loved it! I really felt at home here.

The next chapter was Pepperdine. I also knew a very sweet girl in this house and a lot of the girls in my Rho Gam group said these girls were weird and they didn't like it here, so I wanted to see for myself. The girls here so so nice and sweet! They seemed genuinely interested and I had some pretty good conversations. I had one bad conversation where I had to do all of the questions, but I really liked everything else.

The next house was the one I had a pit in my stomach and a lump in my throat before I went to. This chapter was Rutgers. AKA my legacy house and the house my sister was in. Right when I walked in, they'd paired me up with my sisters big. The whole conversation was essentially about my sister, which wasn't a surprise because after 18 years of being under her shadow, it's nothing new. Then I talked to suprise! Her little. The conversation was the exact same as the first one, about my sister. In total I talked to 6 girls at this house and I felt like I couldn't even carry a decent conversation because someone kept on interrupting and saying: "OMG! You're ______'s sister! You look just like her! We're so excited to have you here! Are you liking Rutgers so far?" I felt really uncomfortable and it was really disheartening because I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and think they would be genuine, but I knew they weren't. Just like my sister told me, they made me talk to every girls that I already knew, the prettiest girls and girls in exec positions.

The next chapter I visited was UCLA. I can't say I remembered too much about this house, but the girls I talked to were nice and I visited them during the Greek Preview in the spring and the women I talked to then were very sweet. They didn't stand out to as much now, but I still liked them there. I definitely wouldn't mind going to UCLA!

The next chapter is Arizona State. Even though I tried my hardest to listen to music and talk to rho gammas during breaks to not hear any sidewalk talk, I heard a lot about Arizona State. These girls were known as the "bottom of the bottom" and the things other PNMs were saying about them were very hurtful and i bothered me that they were just like any other sorority and worked their tails off to give everyone a great recruitment experience and people weren't giving them a chance. When we first got there, the president and recruitment VP at their chapter were beautiful and wearing SKY HIGH silver platform heels! They looked like disco balls and I felt bad for their feet! The first girl I talked to was kind of awkward and I had to ask all of the questions abou her, but then the othert girls I talked to were nice and interesting!

The last chapter of the day was Stanford. I remembered this chapter because their house is right next to Princeton and their door chant was so loud that I don't even remember Princetons! The women I talked to were really fun and bubbbly and the girl I was talking to used to be the recruitment vice president last year, so I felt super nervous talking to her because I felt like she knew exactly what to look for and could spot any BS from a mile away. Besides that I had awesome conversations there and really loved the house and everyone I talked to. But it was difficult talking to them because their house smelled like a strange combonation of flowers and bacon.... Either way, I looooved Stanford!

So preferencing was difficult because I honestly liked everybody, but I ranked them like this:

1. Stanford
1. Princeton
1. UCLA
1. USC
1. Arizona State
1. Pepperdine
1. Duke
1. LSU
1. Wake Forest
1. UGA
2. UMich
3. Ole Miss
4. Rutgers

I thought I honestly had amazing conversations everywhere and I was feeling confident in my decision and honestly even if I didn't get a full schedule the next day, I knew I liked basically all of the chapters, but couldn't seen myself in a couple. I was just nervous to see what my schedule would be the next day because honestly, you never know what to expect!
Old 09-07-2014, 07:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Sounds like you had a good time meeting the chapters... I look forward to reading more!
Old 09-07-2014, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Ooooooooo.....ranking the legacy house dead last.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:46 PM
GreekChat Member

When I rushed my sister's chapter, they ASKED me each day if I wanted to meet a new sister or go with a girl I already knew. The day I (exhausted and OVER IT) said I'd like to go with a known sister is the day they cut me. I think it was probably more about me being exhausted and over it than them cutting me for talking to a friend, but I honor them for having given me the choice and not making my rush into my sister's rush part 2.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Lol at the house smelling like flowers and bacon. Note to house mom....during rush, keep breakfast odor neutral. Love your story!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to DeltaBetaBaby
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereComesTheSun View Post
Day 2 of recruitment!

Everyone in my Rho Gamma group was awesome! I was making friends and having some hilarious times with the girls in the group. We had 3 sophomores in the group. One transferred and didn't have Greek Life at her old school and the other two were going through recruitment the second time around.

I was talking to one of the girls who went through before and she said and i'll never forget: "Whatever you do, don't suicide or you'll end up like me doing this all over again." That really resonated with me and I held that advice all week long and it's almost like it was haunting me. In hindsight, now I laugh at that.

The first chapter we visited today was Duke. This chapter probably had by far the most tent talk about them. They are on social probation with the university and aren't allowed to do anything with other fraternities and sororities like date functions. This didn't bother me because it's not like they're in trouble forever and the social aspect is fun, but wasn't a factor in my decisions at all. Besides, I could party on my own with sistsers, so probation didn't even matter! The conversations I had were really sweet and the ladies here were very genuine. I liked this huse and all the women I talked to and I could see myself here.

The next chapter on the list was USC. I was so excited to go to this chapter. I had one of my closest friends and 2 other good friends in this chapter and I was so excited. The girls I talked to were great and we had hilarious conversations. Everyone I talked to was really genuine and didn't make me feel like I was just another PNM to talk to and get over with. My friends said hi to me when I was there and I loved it! They had the cutest cups for the water too! They were in pink mason jars with white and pink straws. I don't know why I remember this, but I loved it! I really felt at home here.

The next chapter was Pepperdine. I also knew a very sweet girl in this house and a lot of the girls in my Rho Gam group said these girls were weird and they didn't like it here, so I wanted to see for myself. The girls here so so nice and sweet! They seemed genuinely interested and I had some pretty good conversations. I had one bad conversation where I had to do all of the questions, but I really liked everything else.

The next house was the one I had a pit in my stomach and a lump in my throat before I went to. This chapter was Rutgers. AKA my legacy house and the house my sister was in. Right when I walked in, they'd paired me up with my sisters big. The whole conversation was essentially about my sister, which wasn't a surprise because after 18 years of being under her shadow, it's nothing new. Then I talked to suprise! Her little. The conversation was the exact same as the first one, about my sister. In total I talked to 6 girls at this house and I felt like I couldn't even carry a decent conversation because someone kept on interrupting and saying: "OMG! You're ______'s sister! You look just like her! We're so excited to have you here! Are you liking Rutgers so far?" I felt really uncomfortable and it was really disheartening because I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and think they would be genuine, but I knew they weren't. Just like my sister told me, they made me talk to every girls that I already knew, the prettiest girls and girls in exec positions.

The next chapter I visited was UCLA. I can't say I remembered too much about this house, but the girls I talked to were nice and I visited them during the Greek Preview in the spring and the women I talked to then were very sweet. They didn't stand out to as much now, but I still liked them there. I definitely wouldn't mind going to UCLA!

The next chapter is Arizona State. Even though I tried my hardest to listen to music and talk to rho gammas during breaks to not hear any sidewalk talk, I heard a lot about Arizona State. These girls were known as the "bottom of the bottom" and the things other PNMs were saying about them were very hurtful and i bothered me that they were just like any other sorority and worked their tails off to give everyone a great recruitment experience and people weren't giving them a chance. When we first got there, the president and recruitment VP at their chapter were beautiful and wearing SKY HIGH silver platform heels! They looked like disco balls and I felt bad for their feet! The first girl I talked to was kind of awkward and I had to ask all of the questions abou her, but then the othert girls I talked to were nice and interesting!

The last chapter of the day was Stanford. I remembered this chapter because their house is right next to Princeton and their door chant was so loud that I don't even remember Princetons! The women I talked to were really fun and bubbbly and the girl I was talking to used to be the recruitment vice president last year, so I felt super nervous talking to her because I felt like she knew exactly what to look for and could spot any BS from a mile away. Besides that I had awesome conversations there and really loved the house and everyone I talked to. But it was difficult talking to them because their house smelled like a strange combonation of flowers and bacon.... Either way, I looooved Stanford!

So preferencing was difficult because I honestly liked everybody, but I ranked them like this:

1. Stanford
1. Princeton
1. UCLA
1. USC
1. Arizona State
1. Pepperdine
1. Duke
1. LSU
1. Wake Forest
1. UGA
2. UMich
3. Ole Miss
4. Rutgers

I thought I honestly had amazing conversations everywhere and I was feeling confident in my decision and honestly even if I didn't get a full schedule the next day, I knew I liked basically all of the chapters, but couldn't seen myself in a couple. I was just nervous to see what my schedule would be the next day because honestly, you never know what to expect!
Anxiously reading!
Old 09-08-2014, 12:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Philanthropy day!

Today was the day! I was so scared to see which chapters invited me back? Would I get a full schedule? Would the houses I love invite me back? Questions were flying everywhere! For some reason, Panhellenic at my school could have passed for directors of thriller suspense movies because they waited until the absolute last second to give us our schedules. Our Rho Gam passed us our schedules and I looked at it but didn't even internalized it, my eyes just glazed at it.

I was invited back to:

1. USC
2. UCLA
3. Wake Forest
4. Pepperdine
5. Arizona State
6. Rutgers
7. UMich
8. Princeton

I was absolutely shocked, both good and bad. Princeton and USC invited me back, which I was relieved of because they were amazing. But UGA and LSU dropped me. UGA was kind of a long shot since I guess they were considered a "top" house, but I did have a good friend in there and I was surprised I didn't get invited back to at least one round. But what hurt the most was LSU. I loved LSU soo much and honestly I would've been content being dropped from half the houses I got invited back to if LSU invited me back. But it is what it is and I still got invited back to 8/10 houses. That 80%.

But oddly enough, I got invited back to UMich, which was a huge shocker since they have the best grades on campus and my GPA was average at best and apparently they always drop the most girls because of their grades and being completey honest, i'd droppped UMich and Ole Miss because I knew they had the highest grades and I didn't think I had any chance of being invted back to them. But I still got invited back to UMich which was amazing!

But worst of all, I got invited back to Rutgers. I wasn't surprised because as a legacy, I'm pretty sure i'm supposed to be invited back to at least one round, so it wasn't a shocker, but I was still annoyed.

Meanwhile, all of my close friends in my Rho Gamma group got invited back to all 10 houses, but I kept reminding myself that I would only be joining one. Meanwhile, one of my friends in a different Rho Gamma group got invited back to only 1 and another friend in a different rho gamma group got invited back to 3. 2 of them she hated and one of them she loved, USC. Luckily we both loved them and got invited back to USC and we even went there together for our party!

So first I went to USC, who was amazing as I expected. at USC I was paired up to talk to all of my good friends in the house. I had great conversations with all 3 of them and the conversations went seamlessly and it was almost too perfect. I didn't remember too much about their philantrhopy or what they actually do, but I still had a great time there and going there first put me in a great mood for the whole day.

Next, I went to UCLA. Their philanthropy is probably one of the most popular on campus and I went to it with my sister last year and had a good time. I loved their philanthropy and their video was so sad. I only talked to two girls there and the conversations were kind of boring, but I still liked them. I was talking to one girl at UCLA and she spilled her water all over me! It was actually really funny and she felt so bad, but since I didn't have a full schedule, I had 2 breaks after this and had more than enough time to dry off.

After my breaks, I went to Wake Forest. Their philanthropy was also really sad and I actually had really good conversations there. A lot better than yesterday. I feel like they got to know me a little better today. But another awkward moment happened today! We were doing their craft which was pretty serious, concerning the topic and I was talking a lot with my hands and knocked lemonade all over the craft.... The girl was really nice about it, but I still felt awful! I was red the whole time and couldn't wait to get out.

I then went to Pepperdine. I liked Pepperdine and their philanthropy video was so sad because a girl in the Pepperdine chapter at my school was affected by it and their philanthropy was really close to home for her, which made them all the more passionate for it which I thought was really sweet. Everyone was talking about this chapter because today they served iced coffee which was awesome because sbeing at the houses longer and having to go back to back was so tiring. Anyway, I talked to really nice girls here and they told me about their philanthropy events, which sounded really fun. I really liked Pepperdine.

Next was Arizona State. Again, their philanthropy was really sad because it was a cause that a lot of people identify with and was close to home for me as well. The conversations weren't as good, but their craft was really fun. We made paper hearts out of dollar bills and put them into the jar of our choice which represented a specific chairty, which was awesome. Honestly their video was really long and their craft was so detailed that we didn't even have time to talk. I hardly remember this house.

The one I dreaded all day was Rutgers. When I got there, surprise surprise, I was picked up by somebody I already knew and somebody I talked to the day before. I wasn't trying to be outwardly rude because I have more manners than that and their philanthropy was one I actually volunteered for a lot during high school, so I showed interest, but honestly it was so hard in this house. Similarly, my sister called me the day before and said she got into a really big arguement with the girls in her chapter the other night during membership selection and decided she was not going to participate in the membership selection portion and just made hundreds of italian sodas all day long. Again, at Rutgers they kept on talking about my sister, which was confusing because she seemed to hate it so much and they kept on asking me how recruitment was going and how I liked Rutgers, which didn't seem right to me and was getting on my nerves because my recruitment wasn't their business and my sister knew I loved USC and she said she told some of her closer friends in the chapter that USC was my favorite, which didn't bother me because hopefully then they'd take the hint.

The next chapter I visited was UMich, who I was excited for because they were giving me another chance and it felt like I was giving them another chance since my conversations during Open House weren't that good. I loved UMich today! Their philanthropy sounded like a lot of fun and I liked what it stood for. And this was the first chapter that actually talked about their social calendar, which was interesting to hear. We talked about swaps, formals, Greek Week and Homecoming, which was interesting to hear!

Last, but definitely not least was Princeton! I was excited to be back here as well, because I had awesome conversations. They definitely pulled at ALLLLL the stops today. They played their philanthropy video, which seemed like it was a commercial or some type of ad because it was made by one of the girls in the house and they looked like models. They video was super short and then throughout the living room they had mini golf! They had those fake golf greens, hot pink golf clubs with hot pink golf balls that had their letters on them. Again, I was extremely impressed with their showmanship. They're considered a "top house", but I had a friend my cheerleading who was in this house and dropped last year. Apparently there was a bit of a scandal and some infighting and about a dozen girls either dropped or got dropped last spring. That scared me, but I still really liked them.

The next day was house tours and we could only got to up to 7, so I could only cut one. I didn't really care for Arizona State anymore, but there was no way I wanted to be in Rutgers, so I ranked Rutgers at the bottom, so I preferenced just like this:

1. USC
1. UCLA
1. Wake Forest
1. Pepperdine
1. Arizona State
1. Princeton
1. UMich
2. Rutgers

Today was a surprise and I didn't think i'd get the schedule I got, but I'm happy with the ones I got back. Now I waited anxiously to see how House Tours Day would turn out!
Old 09-08-2014, 12:42 AM
GreekChat Member

UCLA has such a pretty campus and I love awkward recruitment stories, so go UCLA!

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 09-08-2014, 12:46 AM
GreekChat Member

I am cheering for Arizona State....
Old 09-08-2014, 03:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Haha, obviously I'm cheering for UCLA.